INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DI.fm Subscription Based Streaming: AAC+ and MC15 ...?  (Read 1549 times)

chaznet

• World Citizen
DI.fm Subscription Based Streaming: AAC+ and MC15 ...?
« on: August 09, 2010, 02:13:25 pm »

Using the browser for the DI.fm web site within MC15, I am unable to access the AAC+ 128k & 64k (subscriber) streams.  The MP3 streams work fine in MC15, but not the AAC+, just errors out.  I'm able to play the AAC+ streams using iTunes.

Is there a plugin required for MC15 to play AAC+ format streams...?

Thanks

vicini

• World Citizen
Re: DI.fm Subscription Based Streaming: AAC+ and MC15 ...?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 12:05:49 am »

I am curious about this too. I have not been able to play any aac+ streams. i have to use winamp to play aac+ streams which is one more software that i dont want installed.
Scott

chaznet

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 01:48:00 am »

I've given up -- can't find info on it anywhere.  Until your post, I thought it was just something up with my system -- which is odd as it's a new Intel Core-i7 based one.  You're correct, other media players handle the streams fine, along with my iPhone -- but not MC15.

Given the length of time this topic has sat here, it doesn't appear to be on anyones priority list  :'(

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 07:44:25 am »

Maybe the DCBass filter?  Did you try a Google search for DirectShow filters for it?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 08:50:58 am »

If DCBass still does not help, you can try Orban aacplus plugin.  You should be able to find free download on the internet.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

chaznet

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 10:36:35 pm »

Will the ability to play these streams be simplified anytime soon?  These streams play in everything else as-is, why is this not the case with MediaCenter?  I bought it primarily to burn CD's with sound equalization (which it does very well) and to play/record DI.fm subscriber streams -- very disappointed that it won't do this out-of-the-box, and that you recommend plugins without knowing for sure they'll do the trick.
Pages: [1]   Go Up