INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View 'mini-display' obscures home menu after issuing an mcc home command  (Read 1362 times)

NeilAStrachan

Some context: I have been hacking away to get my media PC set up just the way a like. My main challenge has been to get my Harmony remote working in a way that makes sense to me. Right now it is pretending to be an MCE remote, and I have Intelliremote issuing the actual commands to MC, using a custom profile. I did all this because I am looking for a set up that switches me in and out of Hulu Desktop, Kylo as well as MC.

In order to get complete control over MC from the remote, I have been using the mcc commands from mc15.exe to trigger navigation in Theater View.

All works well except for one thing. If I am on, e.g. the playing now list, looking at the currently playing item, or at the track info page under playing now, the 'mini-display' for the player does not go away when I issue a command to switch to the top level menu. It remains overlaying the home menu. I am switching to the home menu by issuing an mc15.exe /mcc 22001, 1. This works fine if I am just looking at cover art for the 'playing now' track, but here I am talking about the windowed display that looks like a scaled version of the display mode. Actually this is true if I switch displays to any other, e.g. audio by mc15.exe /mcc 22001, 3. I am not sure if this qualifies as a bug, although I would have hoped automation like this is supported using mcc however it is used. Impact is low, but it does mean I can't get exactly the configuration that I am looking for.

On a side note, I have scoured the forums to understand how the visualizer works with Theater View. Right now I can set it for display mode, but I find switching between songs resets it, which is unfortunate. I like to set SoftSkies and play a more ambient set of track around my baby girls bedtime! As it is, it only lasts one song before switching back to album art. I may be missing something here also.

Thanks,
Neil

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Welcome to the forum.  Nice first post.

I probably can't help you much, and you may know this, but MC has Hulu available in Theater View and can host other applications.

If you've found a bug, we'll fix it.

Also, MC should respond correctly to an MCE remote.

gappie

All works well except for one thing. If I am on, e.g. the playing now list, looking at the currently playing item, or at the track info page under playing now, the 'mini-display' for the player does not go away when I issue a command to switch to the top level menu. It remains overlaying the home menu. I am switching to the home menu by issuing an mc15.exe /mcc 22001, 1. This works fine if I am just looking at cover art for the 'playing now' track, but here I am talking about the windowed display that looks like a scaled version of the display mode. Actually this is true if I switch displays to any other, e.g. audio by mc15.exe /mcc 22001, 3. I am not sure if this qualifies as a bug, although I would have hoped automation like this is supported using mcc however it is used. Impact is low, but it does mean I can't get exactly the configuration that I am looking for.
that looks like a bug to me. i just followed your steps (and set some things to an standard mc setup) and i see the same. i attached a screenshot.
On a side note, I have scoured the forums to understand how the visualizer works with Theater View. Right now I can set it for display mode, but I find switching between songs resets it, which is unfortunate.
that is just how it works atm i guess.

:)
gab

NeilAStrachan

Great! Thanks for checking into this. Is there a way to track bugs and fixes? I assume you batch fixes up for point releases, but as you notice, I am new to the forum.

I think it is worth saying: one of the things I like the most about MC is the tweakability. The core commands allow me to do exactly what I need. My ambition is to make the media PC easily usable by my wife. She reckons it will take me a year to get it  right, and sometimes I just make it harder instead. The other quality I appreciate is the high res audio. I use MC to feed a Peachtree Nova and Focal speakers. Now I also appreciate the approach to support. Thank you for the prompt follow up!

Neil

gappie

Great! Thanks for checking into this. Is there a way to track bugs and fixes? I assume you batch fixes up for point releases, but as you notice, I am new to the forum.

im just a normal user, just as you.  8)
the tracking of bugs and fixes is up to you. when a bug is bothering you and is not fixed, post it in the build thread, at the top of the forum. in this case, maybe with a link to this thread, or just bump this thread so now and then. or maybe its fixed the next public build. who knows. ive been pushing some bugs in thv since 14, so far without not much success.

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up