INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA bug: Missing tracks in music imported from server  (Read 1418 times)

simoncn

• Recent member
DLNA bug: Missing tracks in music imported from server
« on: August 26, 2010, 05:53:22 am »

Thanks for fixing my previous problem with track numbers in FLAC metadata not being loaded when using a Media Center DLNA control point with a third party DLNA server.

Now I have a different problem with the same setup.  My music library on the DLNA server contains one album with track names Track01/Track02/.../Track10 and another album with track names Track01/Track02/.../Track12.  Media Center loads all the tracks for the first album correctly but for the second album it only loads Track11 and Track12.  It seems that when Media Center sends a Search request to retrieve the track list from the DLNA server, only the first instance of each track name is being returned.

By network sniffing I have verified that the duplicate track names are not being sent across the network from the DLNA server to the Media Center control point when I do Connect to Library in Media Center.

When I use foobar2000 as the DLNA control point with the same DLNA server, the duplicate track names are displayed correctly and I see them in my network sniffer packet trace.

Is there a setting I can use in Media Center to allow tracks with duplicate names to be displayed?

simoncn

• Recent member
DLNA bug: Missing tracks in music imported from server
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 03:59:14 pm »

I've changed the subject line in the hope of getting a response.  This is a serious problem when using Media Center with a separate DLNA server.  Some imported albums have many of their tracks missing.

simoncn

• Recent member
Re: DLNA bug: Missing tracks in music imported from server
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 03:29:01 pm »

Can anyone else confirm this problem?  I'd expect that large collections of music would often have a few duplicate track names.

simoncn

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 06:39:56 am »

I'm surprised and disappointed by the lack of any response to this bug report.  There hasn't even been an acknowledgment that this is a problem with Media Center.  I'd be happy to provide more information if requested.

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 06:53:14 am »

Can’t help you at all.
Maybe posting the log of the sniffer showing that Foobar does something better than MC might trigger Matt or Jim to  investigate the matter.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 07:18:23 am »

DLNA devices are all a little different.  It's hard to fix anything without having the device.

What is the DLNA server you use?

Have you tried the most recent build from the top of this board?  Always a good idea if you have a problem.

There are more DLNA changes in a build that should be released this week.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 01:48:28 pm »

It seems that when Media Center sends a Search request to retrieve the track list from the DLNA server, only the first instance of each track name is being returned.

It sounds like there may be a problem with how your server is responding to the search.  Could you talk to the server maker?  Or use Media Center as the server?

Some DLNA implementations (like Foobar) will browse instead of search, so it's not an apples-to-apples comparison across programs.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up