INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Color adjustments for viewing pictures  (Read 858 times)

geologger

Color adjustments for viewing pictures
« on: September 08, 2010, 03:13:53 pm »

Hi
I'm just playing around with my pictures. I use Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop for editing purposes. What caught my eye is the fact, that Picture Viewer like the one in JRiver (or IrfanView) display picture with a difference in saturation an color adjustments.

Or in short, I optimize my pictures with Lightroom and they look like a red lollipop in JRiver.

Funny, though pictures may look completly different in JRiver and Lightroom, I cannot see a difference between IrfanView an JRiver.

Is there a way for customizing the picture viewer settings for saturation, brightness, contract etc. as it is possible for videos.

Best Greetings

geologger

Color adjustments for viewing pictures
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 05:18:20 am »

Ok,

Now I found out, that Adobe with Photoshop or Lightroom is using the colorspace sRGB, which is not equal to the screen RGB used in JRiver.
In the Photoshop-menu I can switch to the screen RGB color space and all look equal again. But I still want to use the sRGB color space and not the monitor RGB. The reason why is, that the sRGB is a defined space and the screen-RGB is depending on the screen model I use.

So is there a way in JRiver to modify the color space for viewing images (or if not, this would be a nice feature request).

Best Greetings
Pages: [1]   Go Up