INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with Error message please  (Read 837 times)

kadiddle

Help with Error message please
« on: September 16, 2010, 11:08:35 am »

I'm using MC 15 on Win 7 pro 64 bit. All was working fine when I put a ripped cd in the pc to play. It played fine, at first, however I noticed it was also being played by Windows Media player at the same time as MC 15. I closed WMP and then restarted playback on MC 15. Playback started fine then started making very bad static sounds. I stopped playback and when I tried to restart it I get this message:

Output mode is WASAPI and no DSP items are checked. Here's a shot of some settings:

WMP can still play music and I can get sound from youtube videos etc. It's only MC15 that quit making sounds.
Any ideas what could have happened? I rebooted but that didn't help.
thanks,
Cliff

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help with Error message please
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 12:45:50 pm »

One question is simple to answer: check 'Exclusive' otherwise you are sending your audio through the Win audio engine (the mixer)
The static is harder to answer.
-   is your DAC 24?
-   decrease buffer size, WASAPI (or your DAC) don’t like large buffers.

A couple of screen shots: http://thewelltemperedcomputer.com/SW/Players/MC14/MC_Wasapi.htm

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 01:45:43 pm »

The Output Format DSP switch isn't checked in your screen shot (left hand side), so none of those settings in that screenshot are active.  I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but I thought I'd mention it.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

kadiddle

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 02:33:55 pm »

Thanks for the replies. I tried a few more things including unplugging and replugging the USB playback device (Halide Designs SPDIF Bridge). What finally worked was choosing a different device in the Output Mode settings, closing MC, opening it again then going back into settings and choosing the Bridge device again. It's working now.
Cliff
Pages: [1]   Go Up