INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Change date imported  (Read 1192 times)

lostvibrations

• World Citizen
Change date imported
« on: October 09, 2010, 08:52:38 am »

Is it possible to change the date imported? I re-scanned my whole library last month, and all the music appears under September. I would like to change some of the more recently added ones to October. I cannot seem to edit the "date imported" for an album.

How can I do this? Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Change date imported
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 08:02:53 am »

Sorry, but that field is not editable.

Maybe you could restore an old backup, and then only import the new tracks?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Change date imported
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 09:05:32 am »

I would like to change some of the more recently added ones to October. I cannot seem to edit the "date imported" for an album.

How can I do this? Thanks!
You can force the issue, but doing so requires a little work on your part...
First, you need to work out the "raw" date data that you need. For example, MC will translate "1286718999" to around "10th October 2010 14:56".

Next, make it so that only the files concerned are listed, then choose: "File > Export Playlist".
choose to export as "mpl"
Once done, open that mpl file in a text editor, something with a handy "find" feature, like Notepad++, should be used over windows notepad otherwise you could be there for some time if there are many files.

Find all instances of <Field Name="Date Imported"> and replace the numbers there with 1286718999
Save the file
Go back to MC and choose "File > Import Playlist"
Find your mpl file and import it, and MC should then update the [date imported] data accordingly for those files.

If you try this, it might be an idea to make a library backup before you start, just to be on the safe side.

Regards,
-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up