INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA between 2 MC's  (Read 2305 times)

bergmarmot

• Recent member
DLNA between 2 MC's
« on: September 23, 2010, 04:54:07 am »

I am running MC15.113 with DLNA Renderer and Server enabled on my HTPC and on my UMPC I run MC as DLNA Controller. When I open the MC on my UMPC and connect to the MC DLNA library then after import I only see Audio and not the Images and Video views. What am I doing wrong? When I connect to the HTPC via the Library Server then I nicely get Audio, Images, Video and Playlist views .... as expected. Is this a bug in the MC 15?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: DLNA between 2 MC's
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 08:30:23 am »

I seem to be able to load only the first 4000 audio files from about 80000 and no image or video files. (MC15.0.125, connect from MC to MC DLNA server, all DLNA sevices running and all DLNA settings set to default on both MC instances)

It seems to be buggy or seriously limited.

However, between two MC instances the proprietary Library Server works a lot better than DNLA.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

bergmarmot

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 11:17:50 am »

so we seem to have the same problem .... i also get my audio library partly when connected via DNLA ... and yes the Library Server is working fine here.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 01:08:30 pm »

Coming in build 131 and later:
Changed: When connecting to a DLNA server, a timeout of 60 seconds is used for each 1000 file request instead of 10 seconds (10 seconds was too short for some servers, causing load failures).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bergmarmot

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 05:00:53 am »

That is good news ! :-) ... am very curious

Thanks for taking the feedback seriously!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 01:43:14 pm »

You can try it now:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=59984.0

Hopefully it will work straight-away, but if not, let us know and we'll get to the bottom of it.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bergmarmot

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 05:49:02 am »

Yesterday evening I have installed the newest version 15.0.132 on my HTPC and on my UMPC. I could now connect my UPMP client via DNLA to HTPC server, so this is working now. I got all music, photos and videos in the library. The downside of connecting via DNLA is that it takes very long (a few minutes) till the connection is established and I have the library information available on the UMPC client. So, the good news, it is now working, the bad news it is not usable with current performance :-(

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 07:25:14 am »

Yesterday evening I have installed the newest version 15.0.132 on my HTPC and on my UMPC. I could now connect my UPMP client via DNLA to HTPC server, so this is working now. I got all music, photos and videos in the library. The downside of connecting via DNLA is that it takes very long (a few minutes) till the connection is established and I have the library information available on the UMPC client. So, the good news, it is now working, the bad news it is not usable with current performance :-(
The actual connection should take just a few seconds.  If it's longer, perhaps a firewall or virus checker or something else is causing trouble.

A large library might take time to load.  Try setting up a smaller test library.  File / Library/ Library Manager.
Pages: [1]   Go Up