INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Netremote  (Read 1918 times)

ajocius

• Recent member
Netremote
« on: September 28, 2010, 12:51:25 am »

However, I have had very mixed results in connecting to any servers and renderers using a variety of freely-available Windows software, e.g. foobar2000, eezUPnP, Cidero, Kinsky, Intel UPnP Tools...  some of which can also behave as servers, controllers or renderers or a mixture, but they all have their own issues, cannot connect to server, can connect to server but cannot select items to play, can't see the renderer, can see the renderer but can't select it, can see both server and renderer but cannot send an item from one to the other, can play an item but cannot ffwd/rew....  I have a working server and a working renderer, it's just a question of finding the right controller.

Not sure if it is too late now, but I would suggest to test trial of NetRemote from Promixis. Really worked great for me to control MC12. Very flexible, you can design the view to your needs, run it on PC, WM and possibly other devices. Not sure if it would also be able to control MC15 playback on TV, yet something to be found out.

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Netremote
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 03:44:41 am »

Not sure if it is too late now, but I would suggest to test trial of NetRemote from Promixis. Really worked great for me to control MC12. Very flexible, you can design the view to your needs, run it on PC, WM and possibly other devices. Not sure if it would also be able to control MC15 playback on TV, yet something to be found out.
I guess I overlooked NetRemote before I hooked up with JRiver because it's not a generic device and requires specific plugins for media servers, in other words it wouldn't have been able to work with the software that I then had.  And it also requires a Windows-based handheld device and can only control Windows-based software.  I was trying to move towards UPnP/DLNA to be independent of platforms.  Also, is it possible to customise the drill-down browse tree as you can with DLNA Server and WebRemote, as opposed to being stuck with the standard Artist/Album/Genre menus?

ajocius

• Recent member
Netremote
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 08:33:12 am »

Not sure about drill-down browse tree, this approach is quite new to me. It was however so much easier to select Artist based on first letter. There are many customized pages available on promixis page that shows what is available there. It has easy interaction with MC from JRiver. Just wanted to share info with you.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Netremote
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 05:44:08 am »

Also, is it possible to customise the drill-down browse tree as you can with DLNA Server and WebRemote, as opposed to being stuck with the standard Artist/Album/Genre menus?

Yes you can, not via the DLNA settings in MC, but you can create a new tree structure in MC that Neremote uses as its root.

For exampe, in MC under AUDIO/Netremote/  I have whatever structure I was presented on the remote, then when I select Music on the remote it sets the tree browser to "Audio/Netremote" as the root.

Happy to send you my files for you to test (You can run netremote on your windows PC), they are in need to reworking but they will still give you an idea.

I donlt actually browse the treee much in NR anymore, I tend to use Thetare View most fo the time, but it is nice when I'm outside away from the screen to still be able to browse the tree and queue up more music.

Of course now you canb (in theory) use MC's Webremote or Gizmote.

Richard
Pages: [1]   Go Up