INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some video files grouped in folders in Theatre View  (Read 1146 times)

wmoan

• Recent member
Some video files grouped in folders in Theatre View
« on: October 05, 2010, 08:32:54 pm »

Ok how best to explain this??

I have 2 directories where I'm putting videos which are displayed as individual files under videos, but mixed in with them I have some videos that are in my photos folders, which were taken on my phone or camera.

What I want to do is have the videos in the 2 videos folders displayed as files and either have the videos from my photos folder either displayed as a folder that I can then select and open or not displayed the main video view but have a separate search view that only shows these videos and not the videos in my 2 video folders.

I hope I have explained this OK???

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Some video files grouped in folders in Theatre View
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 09:15:25 pm »

Every view in MC (in Standard or Theatre View) has Rules for file display associated with it. In Standard View, right-click the view in the tree and select Customize view. At Options - Theatre View, select any view and you'll see the button at the bottom of the "Details" (right) section. Here, you can specify any rules imaginable. A very common rule will be to restrict files to specified folders using [Filename (path)] [is/is not/contains/does not contain/etc.] [whatever]. That will allow you to exclude your camera videos from other video, and display them elsewhere.

wmoan

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 06:39:40 am »

Thanks for that.

I was actually working along those lines but I was making custom Library fields to list just the folders I wanted to work with, but for some reason, I found out when I create or edit a custom Library field, I have to shut down MC after I have edited it for the changes to become active!?!
That's why I was having problems.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 01:01:06 pm »

It shouldn't be necessary to "make custom Library fields to list just the folders I wanted to work with," and if you do, it shouldn't be necessary to "shut down MC after I have edited it for the changes to become active." Please describe exactly what you're doing if you continue to have difficulties like this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up