INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add Cover Art from Internet not working Windows 7  (Read 2043 times)

dees_74

• World Citizen
Add Cover Art from Internet not working Windows 7
« on: October 07, 2010, 08:31:44 am »

Subject says most of it.  I can get MC to show options for cover art in the cover art window, but when I choose the cover art, it doesn't apply the new cover art to the file.  Same thing when I rip CD.  No automatic cover art.  I can download art manually (cover art add from file), not automatic stuff.  I am SURE its a Windows 7 thing. Anybody know what I am missing in my Windows 7 setup to allow automatic cover art?
I don't need a thousand reasons
When someone starts to cry.
When someone says, "My heart needs lifting,
Don't ask, "How come?"
Ask, "How high?"

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Add Cover Art from Internet not working Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 09:59:03 am »

I didn't have to do anything special to get it to work.
1)Try the "paste image" function and see if that will save it.
2)What is your cover art option set to?  In tags?  folder.jpg?  (tools>options>file location)
3)What type of file are you getting art for?  mp3?  flac?  wav?
4)Next thing I would check is whether your problem is actually the artwork or if it's thumbnails.
      If item #2 above is set to folder.jpg, go to the folder in windows explorer and prove that the file doesn't exist.
5)Check file permissions on %AppData%\J River, set it to full control.
6)If all of this fails, enable logging and see if it shows anything.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 01:43:53 pm »

Could it be just a firewall issue?

Do you mean that also the "right-click > Cover Art > Get From Internet..." tool does not work when you select a bunch of files and run the tool or are you only speaking about the automatic cover art features that run in the background?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

dees_74

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 06:15:24 pm »

My trouble is when I choose cover art/Get from internet.  The window opens and shows a variety of art work.  When I choose a cover (save cover art) nothing happens.  No tag change, no file in my specified folder.
Also, when I rip a new CD, the cover art that usually downloads after the rip doesn't happen either.

I was using XP, and everything was great, and now in 7 (with the same library preferences, etc.) it doesn't work.

I have a feeling it is something I don't have configured correctly in 7.  I had a devil of a time getting the media server up and running!

Any ideas?
Don't ask, "How come?"
Ask, "How high?"

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 08:45:17 pm »

Well, if you're seeing the window and the sample art to choose from, I'd rule out firewall.
Do this test.  Go to google images in your browser and find the art for 1 album.
select the songs in MC for that album.  Right click > Cover Art > Paste from clipboard.
What happens?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 06:17:08 am »

If the previews show up, apparently at least that part of the process is allowed to contact Internet.

Kayleighs_Dad,

What exactly do you have set in Options > File Location > Cover Art ?

... and also:
3)What type of file are you getting art for?  mp3?  flac?  wav?

... and the other steps zxsix advised to try.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

dees_74

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 07:23:32 am »

My settings for cover art are save in a specified folder (my folder is set to my documents in the picture folder), with also add image to tag checked  (same as my old XP settings that worked) .

I have checked the specified folder, and there are no new images stored there, which tells me no download is happening.

The files I am dealing with are mp3.

I tried the copy paste with Google images and nothing happened.  (Similar behavior to when I choose 'save cover art in the 'get from internet window).

One thing that does work is I can "take the long way 'round" and choose cover art>add from file and then drill to a specified image that I have saved through Google images on my hard drive, but that is a fairly long process.

I looked into logging and from my untrained eye, I can see the process being logged with no errors reported.  In fact after the command was sent the log says success, or something to that effect.
Don't ask, "How come?"
Ask, "How high?"

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 07:29:24 am »

My settings for cover art are save in a specified folder (my folder is set to my documents in the picture folder), with also add image to tag checked  (same as my old XP settings that worked) ...

As a test, could you set the location to "C:\Images\" or a similar simple path that is outside of the "my documents" folder system?

dees_74

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 06:22:14 pm »

Tried making a new folder outside of My Documents...

It worked!!!   :D

Thanks for all the help.
Don't ask, "How come?"
Ask, "How high?"

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 10:54:22 pm »

Since that worked, I'm gonna go with one of my original suggestions of file permissions being too restrictive in the original target folder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up