INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album view mysteriously changed  (Read 1547 times)

lostvibrations

• World Citizen
Album view mysteriously changed
« on: October 07, 2010, 02:25:01 pm »

Hi, was looking for some help with my album view under audio; it seems to have changed on its own without me doing anything! There is no problem with the tree, just with the main window.

The main window used to show icons of albums, grouped by letter. If you double-clicked on the letter, it would show icons of all the albums with that letter.

Now it shows icons of albums grouped under letter, though instead of the letter (e.g. "a") below the icon, it has the name of one of the albums in that group; see screenshot:

When I double-click on an icon now, the main window is blank, with the message "There are no search results within the current pane selection. Double-click here to search the entire library.".

Any idea what has happened? Thanks :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Album view mysteriously changed
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 02:29:30 pm »

Right click on Album in the tree, choose "Customize View", then "Show alphabet".

lostvibrations

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 02:33:09 pm »

Thanks Jim, but that just makes a bunch of letters (well, the alphabet) appear at the top of the window. If I click a letter it highlights the appropriate icon in the main window. The same problem still remains.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 02:41:38 pm »

In the same place, try Edit/Grouping.

lostvibrations

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 02:53:31 pm »

I looked into that. If I go to "customise view", the "view as" is set to "categories". I have categories set to show in the order of "album" first, with "grouping" enabled. Is says "grouping size" is 1, if this means anything. I have the next level set to album again, but without grouping. So the outcome used to be that it would group albums by letter, and then just by album within the letter group.
Pages: [1]   Go Up