INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Cleaning Up Library...  (Read 1236 times)

drc

• World Citizen
Help Cleaning Up Library...
« on: October 07, 2010, 09:42:53 pm »

My Library is not deleting old or modified files. 

As I'm updating the tags in my library with Discogs, I've noticed the old files are being left in my libray. 

For example, If I have an album with 10 songs and I update the tags in MP3 editor and then within MC (run Auto Import Now), MC updates the changes but leaves the old files and shows (a yellow star) to indicate the file is broken or missing.  So now what I end up with is 20 songs, with 10 being broken.  As my library grows I'm noticing more and more broken records.  I can manually go in and delete the files, but that gets old when you're looking at 24,000 plus records.

What I'm looking for is a way to have MC to find all broken links and allow me to delete them. 

I've got an old Music Match program that has a feature (repair broken links) when it finds a broken link it gives me the option to delete it.  Does MC have a feature or is there another way of identifying and deleting old files when I update my library.

Currently, the work around is to delete the old library and rediscover the files, which solves the problem, but that gets old quickly. Beside now all the records are listed as recently imported.

Thanks for your input.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Help Cleaning Up Library...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 06:09:11 am »

You can select the behavior in the auto-import options: fix broken links, protect network files (and if the drive is not available), or do not fix. If your set option is not working as you would expect could you post an example of a complete path and info about the file format and the file location (network share, external drive, etc)?

To find broken links you can use:  [=IsMissing([Filename])]=1  in a search or as a smartlist rule.

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

drc

• World Citizen
Re: Help Cleaning Up Library...
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 10:48:55 am »

Thanks... your solution explained the problem.  i had recently moved all files to a network drive and selected protect network files (which was the right choice as not to delete files when disconnect or lose connection).

using the smartlist, I can now identify all broken filenames.  Great!

Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up