INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't change list style in My Connected Media  (Read 955 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
Can't change list style in My Connected Media
« on: October 16, 2010, 07:53:58 pm »

Hi!

When I browse my audio/video files in standard view, in every genre etc. I can change the list style by clicking on top of the view where it says e.g. "File List" with a little arrow next to it.

However, I recently downloaded some You Tube videos, which are stored under "My Connected Media". When I go to the My Connected Media folder, I can't change the list style. No little arrow next to "My Connected Media" on top of the view where I would normally click to get a drop down menu. So I'm stuck with this useless view with a lot of those filmroll icons, and to find the video I want to play I have to hover over the icons to see the title, since a lot of them start with "You Tube  -  The..."

Is this a bug? I'd really like to see My Connected Media as a file list.

Also, is it possible to make file list the default view? Every time I import files and the Recently Imported playlist is created (it's deleted on exit) it's in thumbnail view, and I have to select file list. I'd like it to go to file list right away.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Can't change list style in My Connected Media
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 09:46:28 am »

It's just a limitation of the My Connected Media views.

For more flexibility, you could create a smartlist or library view that included those files.

A rule like this will get your Web Media files:
(-[Web Media URL]=[] or [Genre]=[Web Media])
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

audunth

Re: Can't change list style in My Connected Media
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 08:34:47 pm »

After changing genre to Trailers (which is what I've downloaded), I can see them under Video. I was just wondering why I couldn't see them as a list in the My Connected Media view. Is there a reason for this limitation?

How about my other question, making all new playlists or views (like Recently Imported that gets created every MC session) default to file list instead of thumbnails? Is it possible?
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC
Pages: [1]   Go Up