INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music videos won't play!  (Read 2137 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Music videos won't play!
« on: October 24, 2010, 01:08:15 am »

what happened to my jriver? huge party we wanna play my music vids.. i have reupdate codecs but my vids on HTPC just pin and say opening, and never open and jriver locks up!
i have to ctrl alt delete close jriver and reload. and everytime i chose music vid. some play and others say opening and never oepn and jriver will lock up :(

HELP PLEASE!!!

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: GRRRR another huge party.. and Music vids won't play!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 01:47:04 am »

What are the codecs of teh ones that lock up. SOunds for sure like a directshow problem.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 02:38:09 am »

i just installed klite mega codec pack... and ive been havign this prob, for last 3 updates. some vids play fine other it just says opening, then it locks up jriver staing on opening screen. only way to close it ctrl alt delete. has something changed in jriver server side? on server\main system all files play fine.
wondering if i have  a setting wrong in tools options, media and network?

Thansk For Quick Reply. I've been able to hold them at bay with great audio playlist, but would love to be able some more Risque vids. :)

rjm

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 03:05:00 am »

For years I have installed CCCP on every system I have built and I rarely have any video problems. And if something breaks because of a subsequent codec being added to the system I simply reinstall CCCP and it almost always fixes the problem.

So in an emergency such as yours, I would install CCCP. All the default install settings work just fine. It'll be done before you finish your beer and you don't need to reboot.

http://www.cccp-project.net/

HTPC4ME

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 05:24:00 am »

tried it worked:) thanks MAN!!!

you must have alot of file formats as well?

i always thought klite mega codec pack had all codecs . but obviously not! i hope its more reliable then klite as well. i have so many codec probs it crazy. always uninstalling and reinstalling codecs. and its on htpc. which is only used for JRiver theaterview
 life saver.
Thank You!!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 10:21:45 am »

Sounds like your problem is almost certainly TOO MANY codecs and filters installed, not too few.

The Klite Mega Codec Pack is dangerous.  It includes a BUNCH of things that conflict with each other, and should only be used as a quick way to download a ton of things at once, and never just blindly installed.  You have to know what you are doing to effectively use it.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

HTPC4ME

Re: Music videos won't play!
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 08:58:15 pm »

well, issues still i tried playing same file that wouldnt play on sat night.
dope music video. it plays on server, but will not play on HTPc.

i went to video\music videos\5 stars\ rock\dope then chose it and it loaded right away saying opening, but then i get this error...

media center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files. please make sure that the path in your library points to the right location.

Any ideas? or do i still have codec probs?

thanks for trying to help in this guys.. it's much appreciated.

rjm

Re: Music videos won't play! [solved by installing CCCP]
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 09:15:16 pm »

Sounds like MC is not seeing the file. Suggest you take MC out of the picture. Navigate to the file using windows explorer and try to play it with your favorite small media player. If this does not work then you know MC is ok.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 09:54:01 pm »

before i go allowing shares for 18 drives of data..

this file i'm speaking about... dope music video has played fine in the past with jriver on htpc. (about 2 months Ago)

i dont have any libraries on my htpc.

I connect htpc TO my server. so it is loading all files that are in the library this is due to jriver not allowing me to have all my files when i make my own libraries/Not all files showing up). so i switched over to using library server on all machines about a year ago...
By doing so I didnt have to share my drives  (There's a post here with that issue, but i can't find it.)

Do you suggest i still allow sharing after hearing this info?

I just want to be cautious, and if i can avoid having to share all my drives, it would save me alot of time as well.
Thanks For Helping

rjm

Re: Music videos won't play! [solved by installing CCCP]
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 10:02:30 pm »

We need a user with client/server experience to step in here. I don't use it yet. I do know that they are ironing a few wrinkles out of client/server as we speak so suggest you not do anything radical until you get some advice from someone that knows what they are talking about.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 10:10:26 pm »

i'm wondering if its a conversion thing?

Gf and i just sat down and we were going to watch a movie, and it's an avi, plays fine on server, chose to pay i tonpc... and i says opening, ten opening ges away, and my display view just turns black, no audio or video posion is at 0:00 and no errors. i think your right, i will wait before i go any further, maybe others can confirm there havin problems ...

I know personally only thing i have changed on my htpc in the last year is jriver versions.  haven' t installed  any  other programs or codecs.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 12:30:24 pm »

does no one else use JRiver dlna\server?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 12:37:01 pm »

Try posting a clear description of the problem you have on the Media Network board.  "Music videos won't play" could be anything.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 01:06:33 pm »

Thanks Jim.. Posted in Media Network board

i tried deleting topic here but says i have to chose remove topic link... not seeing one for this board?
Pages: [1]   Go Up