INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a possibility to Split DVD into chapters  (Read 1908 times)

BernhardS

• World Citizen
Is there a possibility to Split DVD into chapters
« on: November 04, 2010, 03:11:28 pm »

Sometimes I wanna play not the complete concert but only a few titles. To jump from chapter to chapter in the main menu is troublesome. I searched in the forum but found no topic for this theme - can't believe to be the only one who like it. Maybe I used wrong search words. I also found no option to rip not the complete DVD.

Can you help?

Best regards to the MC team -  great program
BernhardS
I will explain that whenever I want a thing, and Mrs. McWilliams wants another thing, and we decide upon the thing that Mrs. McWilliams wants—as we always do—she calls that a compromise

THE McWILLIAMSES AND THE BURGLAR ALARM  (Mark Twain)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Is there a possibility to Split DVD into chapters
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 03:27:30 pm »

Thank you.  There's no way to rip just part of a DVD.

Up and Down arrows will get the onscreen display, where you can use the four arrow keys.  One of the choices is chapter.

With a mouse, I think you can use right click, then DVD Menu.

BernhardS

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 03:59:29 pm »

Thank you for the prompt answer.

The mouse is one of the most important blessings for the mankind. I had a dream to reduce the interaction - you've destroyed this now ...
 ;)

Greetings from Germany
BernhardS
I will explain that whenever I want a thing, and Mrs. McWilliams wants another thing, and we decide upon the thing that Mrs. McWilliams wants—as we always do—she calls that a compromise

THE McWILLIAMSES AND THE BURGLAR ALARM  (Mark Twain)

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
JRiver CEO Elect

yooz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • **sorry 'bout my baaaad english knowledge**
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 06:06:08 pm »

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 06:13:14 pm »

Here is a guide that may help - http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277756-How-To-Rip-and-Manage-Music-DVDs-just-like-Music-CDs-in-JRiver-Media-Center

The DVD Decrypter program in your guide is old and unfortunately it does not understand all kinds of new DVD structures.

I have recently used HandBrake for creating individual track MKV files from music DVDs. It allows to add a separate encoding job for each chapter and batch process the queue. It will re-encode the video track to H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, but with correct settings there will be no perceivable quality loss and the video file will be a lot smaller than the MPEG2 source file. It can copy DTS or AC-3 audio without re-encoding.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up