INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Samsung Galaxy Tab  (Read 1863 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Samsung Galaxy Tab
« on: November 13, 2010, 10:01:10 am »

Engadget liked it.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/01/samsung-galaxy-tab-review/

It runs on Android 2.2.

Enrique

• Recent member
PLAYLISTS sync issues - Re: Engadget's review of the Samsung Galaxy Tab
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 10:12:06 am »

Hi there! I've had mine for a couple days now, it's just great! <but>..
I've been syncing my smartlists until now to my HTC Desire perfectly with no problems.  BUT I have bumped into a problem trying to synch the same to my Galaxy Tab and after some fast googling around I've found out that Samsung is apparently doing some black wizardry with playlists.. no matter where I place my M3U lists on the SDCard, they won't show up.

Any ideas?

ps. I'm not sure whether this post should go here. If it's off topic pls tell me where also to post it.
cheers.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Engadget's review of the Samsung Galaxy Tab
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 10:16:04 am »

Thanks for the information.  That's probably a Samsung problem.  Let us know if you learn anything useful.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Engadget's review of the Samsung Galaxy Tab
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 09:29:59 am »

I posted about the Samsung Galaxy Tab on the Hardware board.

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 01:51:14 pm »

Wow, spooky. I was just about to post about this when I saw this unread message at the top. I believe this actually has to do with Froyo 2.2 on all Android devices or at least Samsung ones. I have a Galaxy S i9000T and I'm having the same issues (sort of). I've also seen a few users complain about .pla format files being created instead of m3u files.

Here is the scoop. I connected via "Kies mode" (Settings->Wireless and network->USB Settings). The device is connected properly and detected by MC as a Galaxy S i9000. The image etc is correct. In the Handheld settings there is no setting for "Playlist type". After a sync everything is transferred OK, but the playlists seem to be in .pla format. At first I thought this was something that J River was doing, but it appears that it is something Samsung is doing. Probably because their proprietary music player wants them. However it does not work for it properly either... :)

Any how I changed the mode to Mass Storage mode. After this the device shows up as drive letters in Explorer. MC detects the device as a Samsung TAB. However it does correctly sync files and playlists. In addition I now have the playlist type setting in Handheld settings.

If someone could test these settings in a TAB (Jim?) and see what happens there it would be good. I also noticed an issue when syncing on an MC client that may be related but I have to do some more research...
Pages: [1]   Go Up