INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can party mode also disable volume or add a volume limit?  (Read 1013 times)

bitterlogic

• Recent member
Can party mode also disable volume or add a volume limit?
« on: November 13, 2010, 07:41:52 pm »

Hi,

I was wondering if there was any way to limit the max volume or hide the volume slider in party more (or maybe just in general through options)? Basically I use MC to control a DNLA streamer which is hooked up directly to my amp. I have a remote for the streamer so I can easily use that to control the volume. What scares me is because it is directly hooked up to the amp, it is very easy to slide the volume really fast (especially on a laptop with a touchpad) and crank the volume too loud.

I have gotten used to this but when friends are over and using MC, they don't necessarily know to be careful with the volume. I of course warn people but mistakes can still happen and I don't want to blow out my speakers. Is there any solution for this in MC?

Thanks!

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Can party mode also disable volume or add a volume limit?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 10:56:53 pm »

Add an array of walls and walls of drivers, amplifiers, and extra/ample power.  At some point, the guests will be shaking and unable to move--which will stop any further volume increases.

bitterlogic

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 03:19:25 am »

No other help?

bitterlogic

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 03:39:54 am »

I actually came up with a pretty good solution for all those that are interested. Simply modify the skin of your choice so that it doesn't include any Volume images in the XML file. The only thing remaining will be the little speaker icon in the upper left. Now no one can change the volume. You can always switch back and forth between the modified skin and the original to get volume back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up