INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncing fails from Library Client to Library Server...  (Read 1684 times)

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Syncing fails from Library Client to Library Server...
« on: November 15, 2010, 02:05:44 pm »

I get a nice, helpful error message when trying to sync my library client back to the server:

"There was a problem sending changes to the server: Changes are only accepted from authenticated clients. Enable authentication on the server in Options>Media Network."

If I do that, then try the sync, the sync fails again with a less helpful (but still polite) error:

"There was a problem sending changes to the server: Unknown error, please ensure the server is running and that your connection is available."

1. Is there a way to sync changes without turning on authentication? Especially for clients/servers on the same LAN.
2. I'm guessing that I have to disconnect & reconnect from the library for the server-side changes to take full effect. Sadly, that means I'll lose the changes I made on the client side...

FOLLOWUP...

I was right, disconnecting & reconnecting after enabling authentication on the server allowed my to sync changes from the client back to the main library.

However, for some reason, the main library now showed hundreds of tags being updated (I touched about 5 files on the client).

And I discovered that deleting playlists from the client, then syncing does NOT sync those changes, but creating playlists on the client & syncing DOES send those changes.

brad

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Syncing fails from Library Client to Library Server...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 02:10:48 pm »

1. Is there a way to sync changes without turning on authentication?

No.

2. I'm guessing that I have to disconnect & reconnect from the library for the server-side changes to take full effect. Sadly, that means I'll lose the changes I made on the client side...

Yes, a server changing authentication rules requires a client reconnect.

More here about what is synced:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Server_Sync
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up