INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's up with Converter/Encoder?  (Read 1371 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
What's up with Converter/Encoder?
« on: November 18, 2010, 11:05:22 am »

Howdy,

Okay - let's stay on focus with this specific topic so the JR crew can give us some insight: This is copied from Tor's original post - and is exactly what I am seeing.

ATTN: Matt: To answer you question about this condition with APE - Tor is in fact seeing this condition WITH APE here. I am converting FLAC...the issue seems to be the same...and here we go....

Since 15.0.142 i have been having serious problems with converter. I am converting from ape to mp3 from my NAS to local drive which never caused any grief in the past were i could convert 4 files at the same time flying on my gigabit network. My machine is WIN7 64-bit with 6GB ram and core i7 CPU

Now every 3-8 tracks it stops on 100% for some 10-30 sec before it continues and in this periode even web sites wont load, so might be something memory related?

Doing 4 files at the time on .142 a 100% stop on one file would render all the 3 other files as empty from the point the stop occured to the end of the tracks with result of having bunch of files with lots of missing sound?

I have upgraded to .150 and now doing one track at the time since at least that seems to create accurate mp3 files but it just thanks a lot of time and also renders my machine somewhat useless in the process whenever it stops for the said amount of time on random tracks.

Any tips would be appreciated?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: What's up with Converter/Encoder?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 11:09:12 am »

Now every 3-8 tracks it stops on 100% for some 10-30 sec before it continues and in this periode even web sites wont load, so might be something memory related?
Assuming that you mean web browser sessions won't work when it happens, that sounds like the network is not responding.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 11:43:00 am »

Is it correct that you're getting these long delays, even when doing one file at a time?

If you watch memory usage in Task Manager during a stall, does it show anything like a spike in memory usage or 100% CPU usage?

What happens if you do the same conversion, but put the converted files on a local drive?  It would help to rule out some networking issue.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Vocalpoint

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 12:08:57 pm »

Is it correct that you're getting these long delays, even when doing one file at a time?

If you watch memory usage in Task Manager during a stall, does it show anything like a spike in memory usage or 100% CPU usage?

What happens if you do the same conversion, but put the converted files on a local drive?  It would help to rule out some networking issue.

Thanks.

Just so we are clear (Tor - original poster) was reporting 10-30secs. I am seeing 4-7 seconds of delay when this occurs...and I can verify that it happens whether my target folder is on the network or local.

Haven't taken a look at Task Man while this is happening....but I will in my next round of tests....

VP

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 07:02:06 am »

This user reports a similar problem that is related to last.fm.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=60432.msg409071#msg409071
Pages: [1]   Go Up