INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stuttering Playback of Video  (Read 782 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Stuttering Playback of Video
« on: November 21, 2010, 03:39:29 am »

Is anybody noticing stuttering playback of video? It feels like it's trying to play the video that hasnt buffered enough, but with MC's new buffering functionality you can actually see how many minutes have been buffered and it shows that the whole video has been downloaded.

I have been experiencing it for many months on both of my computers (vista in fusion on my mac, and my sony vaio in the living room). It was worse for avi files, but in the last few weeks has got pretty bad with mkv files too. Most of the files are h.264 encoded. Library and files are on the same Windows Home Server machine.

There is no other software running on my living room computer while I am playing videos. I can only guess that it's a directshow thing. I am using CCCP, and coreAVC is often used to do the decoding.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Stuttering Playback of Video
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 07:21:59 am »

Is anybody noticing stuttering playback of video? It feels like it's trying to play the video that hasnt buffered enough, but with MC's new buffering functionality you can actually see how many minutes have been buffered and it shows that the whole video has been downloaded.
There is a similar problem and solution in a thread on this page.  glynor helped someone solve it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up