INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 15.0.157 -- Available here  (Read 3184 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 15.0.157 -- Available here
« on: November 21, 2010, 12:18:47 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 15.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved. 

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter150157.exe

15.0.157 (11/19/2010)

1. SDK: Added 'ProgramVersion' to MCWS/v1/Alive function return.
2. Fixed: If conversion was enabled for handheld transfer, converted files could be placed on the device even if they weren't in the supported file type list for the device.
3. Fixed: When doing a handheld sync as a Library Server client, the user interface could be unresponsive.
4. Changed: Doing Ctrl+F while drilled down in the library tree will switch to the root of the current library selection (Ctrl+E focuses the search box with no switching).
5: Changed: DLNA server, improved determination of when to transcode when "convert if necessary" is set for video conversion, especially applies to the Xbox 360 and PS3.

15.0.156 (11/18/2010)

1. SDK: Added browse functionality to MCWS (currently uses browse tree configured for WebPlay).
2. SDK: Reworked MCWS functions that return files so that they can be used to get MPL, start playback, or more.
3. SDK: Removed MCWS/v1/Playlist/Play since MCWS/v1/Playlist/Files can now do the same (and more).
4. Faster: Improved performance of list drawing when analyzing audio, converting files, or syncing a handheld.
5. Changed: CD/DVD burning now works on a library server client.
6. Changed: Improved JRiver URL Reader filter's buffering performance.
7. NEW: DLNA server. Added video options to convert always, never and when necessary. When necessary looks at codecs, file type and device to decide. It's currently only making device decisions based on PS3 and Xbox360 configurations.

15.0.155 (11/16/2010)

1. Changed: APL files are natively supported using Library Server (requires latest version on server and client).
2. Changed: Playback of audio with a Library Server Client uses a more sophisticated reader that can seek more nicely.
3. Changed: The volume on screen display shows a graphical bar instead of showing only text.
4. Changed: Changing the volume and using the 'Volume' on screen display look and work the same way (previously the displays differered slightly).
5. NEW: DLNA server converts multichannel sources to 2 channel when using "always convert" and a fixed sample rate conversion (enables any DLNA device to play multi channel sources).
6. Fixed: DLNA server, when using "always convert" to L16 and sample rate "same as source" provides the DLNA flags necessary to allow multichannel L16 output. This allows multichannel output on DLNA devices that can handle it (i.e. PS3).

15.0.154 (11/15/2010)

1. Fixed: A library server client would wake up from sleep when the server was scheduled to record a television program.
2. Changed: ffmpeg conversion profiles modified for better dlna experience.

15.0.153 (11/12/2010)

1. NEW: DLNA Server video mpeg 4 transcoding happens on demand. Allows the use of seekable mp4 transcoding on the Xbox 360, PS/3, etc.
2. NEW: DLNA Server video mpeg 2 transcoding profiles enabled.

15.0.152 (11/11/2010)

1. SDK: The MCWS/v1/UserInterface/Info function could cause a deadlock with Theater View showing in certain cases.
2. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/File/SetInfo function to allow setting database values with the SDK (requires an authenticated connection or the server will return a failure).
3. Changed: Brightness, Hue, and Saturation controls on the on screen display are more graphical for live television playback.
4. Changed: On screen display of Brightness, Contrast etc. during adjustment using keyboard is shown with nicer graphics for all video playback types.

15.0.151 (11/10/2010)

1. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/UserInterface/Info function for getting the current state of the user interface.
2. Changed: Reworked how Theater View positions are reported so that it's easier to make skins with context sensitive images.
3. Changed: When pausing playback, the on screen position disappears after 10 seconds.
4. Changed: The on screen position display does not appear when pausing image playback.
5. Fixed: Rotating through Theater View with the green button could skip the home view in some unexpected cases.
6. Fixed: DLNA devices could fail to appear under certain network configurations.
7. Changed: Brightness, Hue, and Saturation controls on the on screen display are more graphical (except for live television playback).

15.0.150 (11/09/2010)

1. Internal: If logging itself causes a slowdown, it will be logged.
2. Changed: Added the time to the on screen display position window.
3. New: DLNA server added more video mpeg2 transcoding profiles, not entirely operational yet.
4. Changed: DLNA server more precise flag determination for WMV video files.
5. Changed: DLNA server tries to transcode transparently for mpeg2 profiles.

15.0.149 (11/08/2010)

1. Optimized: Rewrote the logging (Help > Logging) engine to improve performance with logging enabled.
2. Changed: Log files are UTF-8 encoded instead of UTF-16 encoded (so logs are normally about half the size).
3. Fixed: After doing a search of a specific field by clicking an artist, album, etc. link, a view refresh could discard the field part of the search.
4. Faster: When starting audio playback, reduced the number of times an input plugin will be loaded and unloaded.
5. Changed: Programs OSD menu shows currently playing television program, instead of the live program for currently playing channel.
6. Fixed: No programming info was displayed if televison is paused exactly at a time between two programs.

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
Re: Media Center 15.0.157 -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 09:02:36 am »

Hi there,

The following option does no longer work :
Tools/Options/Audio/Settings/Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization.
Whatever I might fill in (usually 6 seconds), it starts the music right after double-clicking a track.

This option was first introduced at my request, and I still really need it (belcanto usb link + external dac).

Would you mind taking a look at this one ?
Thanks in advance.

I second that.

yoyoc

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 05:07:41 am »

Hi. I do not know if posting in the right place but I have 15 ver 142 and jrmc will not update to 157 when i request it does. it gives a message that no newer ver available.  please advice on what to do.

craigmcg

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 05:12:48 am »

When shuffle is turned on and multiple albums are shown in the genre, it seems to only play songs on one album. My wife and I have noticed this only recently so I think it is a recently introduced bug.

dcwebman

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 06:37:46 am »

Am I the only one this happens to? Use Mini View with a skin other than Slim. While in mini view, right-click and switch to Slim. Media Center is left in the taskbar and no further interaction is possible. Task Manager says the program is not responding any more and you have to end the task.
Jeff

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 07:03:19 am »

Hi. I do not know if posting in the right place but I have 15 ver 142 and MC will not update to 157 when i request it does. it gives a message that no newer ver available.  please advice on what to do.
Just click on the link in the first post.  You  can read about "Updates" on our wiki.

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 08:25:39 am »

Album art STILL does not work in collage visualisations on an MC Server Client.  This has been going on for over 3 weeks and since (at least) build 142.  PLEASE, can someone tell me if this will be addressed in a future build or if there is some configuration I have to reset!  Is anyone else seeing this issue?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 09:52:39 am »

1. Still can't seek in mounted iso files (both the rewind and fast forward skip ahead an hour or more).
2. Can't reorder and clear playing now list when playing "there" and using a library server
3. Automatic wikipedia lookups on video import
4. Replace Name/Title field when performing a wikipedia lookup
5. Backrubs
Pages: [1]   Go Up