INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to Connect PS Audio to J River  (Read 1382 times)

haralson

• Recent member
Unable to Connect PS Audio to J River
« on: November 21, 2010, 06:46:43 pm »

I am attempting to use J River MC15 as the "Library" for my PS Audio DAC, with PS Audio's tagNPlay application for remote control. I believe I have the hardware and Ethernet cables in place (the DAC says "Network: Connected"), but the PLAYING NOW option in MC15 shows NOTHING. PS Audio's forum says that if I click on PLAYING NOW in J River, I should be able to see "PerfectWave DAC xxxxxx" as an option on the list.

Problem is, I see NOTHING when I click on PLAYING NOW. No list, no nothing. I do not know what kinds of OTHER options I should expect to see under that heading, because I have never used it before.

I tried listening to Internet radio through MC15, but I saw NOTHING under PLAYING NOW. Then I tried playing a CD through my computer. Again, NOTHING under PLAYING NOW. Then I played an audio file from an MC15 Playlist; I did see the album art, full screen, after clicking PLAYING NOW … but still no option to select the PS Audio DAC. Is there something wrong with my copy of MC15? Or does the trouble lie elsewhere? Please advise! Thanks.

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Unable to Connect PS Audio to J River
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 03:48:40 am »

Have you enabled DLNA in MC?

haralson

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 12:08:08 pm »

Yes, thanks. I checked all the boxes under Tools \ Options \ Media Network. Also checked, double-checked, triple-checked all physical connections.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 12:39:42 pm »

Assuming the other components can use DLNA, it would help if you can describe which roles they support.  Here's our DLNA article on the wiki:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DLNA

For example:
Is MC being used as a DLNA Server?  Which device is the DLNA Render.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 03:49:01 pm »

You may need to check settings in your firewall s/w on Windows.  It may be blocking the port that MC listens to.

---
If MC is acting as DLNA server and not as controller too, it might not show anything in playing now.

Bill

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 03:52:27 pm »

And I've found that some of the DLNA settings don't seem to take effect until after you close MC (and MC server) and then restart MC.

Richard

Vincent Kars

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 04:05:27 pm »

You may need to check settings in your firewall s/w on Windows.  It may be blocking the port that MC listens to.

Good one.
Start WMP and activate Media Sharing
This should open the ports needed and is a nice check.
If WMP doesn't see the Bridge (probably as a Play To device) it is not a MC/WMP problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up