INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Gizmo 2 -- Stream to Android, play to a DLNA Server, control Theater View  (Read 125852 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

Sheugel Thanks for test. :)

at Least i know i'm setup properly on my end.

envyc

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile

Spied 15.0.176 in market which says it requires 16.0.23. Should I hold off this Gizmo until 16 becomes available?

MrHaugen

I think it would be a good idea to wait until the correct build is available, yes.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

cubii

• Recent member

Is wol (wake on lan ) possible?

I dont like to power my pc on first before using gizmo, it makes the remote feature a bit useless/incomplete...

There are many wol apps on the android market, perhaps you can integrate one of them (because of open source perhaps...)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Is wol (wake on lan ) possible?

I dont like to power my pc on first before using gizmo, it makes the remote feature a bit useless/incomplete...

There are many wol apps on the android market, perhaps you can integrate one of them (because of open source perhaps...)
I believe that's just an Ethernet interface option.  Control Panel/Network/Manage Adaptor/Configure...

cubii

• Recent member

what do you mean by "thats just a ethernet interface option"? 

what i want is to wake up my pc with j.river mediacenter installed, so  i an use gizmo with that pc.

For that gizmo has to send a magic paket in to my lan/wan to wake up pc that are connected via lan and are ready for wol.
THis is possible with f.Ex. https://market.android.com/details?id=de.thedelmann.wol

but there are many other apps: https://market.android.com/search?q=wol

perfect would be that with starting gizmo, gizmo would send that magic packet automatically if the server is not recognized...

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.

Hi!

First, sorry to JRiver for posting a little all over the place, I have been a bit confused about where to post what. Just noticed this thread, which seems like the source of all information regarding Gizmo.

To the real matter; Should Gizmo now be able to play video files on demand, and not after a conversion? I can't seem to get it working very well yet, but I have been trying with a semi-official version 16.0.36 posted by JimH in MC15 thread.

It would be such a cool feature to flash friends, as well as using it to show off my 4 months old daughters swimming skills  ::)
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

Řistein Rian

• Recent member

I can't find any video format to play without a terrible long preparation time.
The convertion almost kills the computer....not usable yet...
Latest Gizmo and 16.00.36

Btw: As I've payed for the MC16, where can I find what is the latest beta?

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.

The newest version appeared in this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=62402.0

The newest official beta I guess will be posted as a sticky thread at the MC15 board, or in a future MC16 board.
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

Řistein Rian

• Recent member

The newest version appeared in this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=62402.0

The newest official beta I guess will be posted as a sticky thread at the MC15 board, or in a future MC16 board.

As you can see I'm already running 16.00.36, so I found that thread (read, think, write....  ;))
They were quick enough to put up a thread to let me upgrade for money, so I assume these betas are official...
That sticky thread should be there already.  :-X

HiFiTubes

I just picked a Droid phone, and Gizmo loads some playlists okay, but just watching, it stuck at "Loading"....

any ideas?

AssadMawad

• Recent member

is there anyway to make gizmo connect to Media center without the access key? or make it connect to the dlna by media center?
i'm under the same network

thx

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen

to do what?

there are plenty of UPnP/DLNA players on the Android Market if you just want to play the music on your Android device.

JimH

• Administrator

The Access Key method will work inside your network, too.

xplain

• Galactic Citizen

Just got my first android phone yesterday (HTC Legend)

The first thing I installed was Gizmo.

This is amazing, thank you very much  :D

AssadMawad

• Recent member

to do what?

there are plenty of UPnP/DLNA players on the Android Market if you just want to play the music on your Android device.

yes you're right but the experience with Gizmo is very different

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen

So you want Gizmo to talk to MC by DLNA rather than its own native communications?

What advantage are you hoping for by doing that?

AssadMawad

• Recent member

So you want Gizmo to talk to MC by DLNA rather than its own native communications?

What advantage are you hoping for by doing that?
actually you're right if gizmo connect throught the library server is more efficient but me i have a small problem with my ISP that would not allow traffic for media center even i asked him for that!
so what i'm saying if gizmo could connect under the same network without using the access key the same as a dlna connection!
as for me of course i prefer the library server on a dlna device!

JimH

• Administrator

what i want is to wake up my pc with j.river mediacenter installed, so  i an use gizmo with that pc.

For that gizmo has to send a magic paket in to my lan/wan to wake up pc that are connected via lan and are ready for wol.

perfect would be that with starting gizmo, gizmo would send that magic packet automatically if the server is not recognized...
This should work in a build to be released soon.  MC16.0.57 is required.  Gizmo of the same version sends the wakeup call.

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.

Are we ever going to get the ability to see the current playlist on a remote zone and edit it?  I've got this 10.1" tablet that is just screaming for more control.  How about Play Doctor support for both remote and local playback? 

I need to update my server software to test out the new WOL support.   Though I found WOLShortcut works nicely.  Thanks!

-John

JimH

• Administrator

I need to update my server software to test out the new WOL support.   Though I found WOLShortcut works nicely.  Thanks!

You shouldn't need anything but MC16.0.58 and the same version of Gizmo (now on the Android Market).

Řistein Rian

• Recent member

You shouldn't need anything but MC16.0.58 and the same version of Gizmo (now on the Android Market).
...and latest released Beta is 16.0.55 ... ?

JimH

• Administrator

TMA-1

• World Citizen

Are we ever going to get the ability to see the current playlist on a remote zone and edit it?  I've got this 10.1" tablet that is just screaming for more control.  How about Play Doctor support for both remote and local playback? 
-John

My main goal right now is getting a tab I can use as a control for my JRiver library. I was thinking on getting a Windows 7 tab and use the full J river client to connect to the library but I would rather get a Android tab because I doubt the Windows tabs can show any decent performance.  It does not look like J River will make much more with Gizmo or WebRemote in near future thousgh and as it is now its far away from what I would like.

I would like to see a Android app looking and working like  J Rivers Theater View or somthing like Sonos solution.

I started to investigate the abillity to make a Adobe Air application (works on Android) because I have pretty good knowlage about Flash and Air, but now Im thinking on having a go at making an native Android app for tabs like Samsung Galaxy or Motorola XOOM.

What is Play Doctor that you mentioned?

yukibarr

• Junior Woodchuck

I just saw a demo of Logitech diNovo Mini on YouTube. I thought of getting it and then I thought it would be great if Gizmo could be enhanced to include a virtual keyboard that would allow the user to use all or most of the functions offered by Logitech diNovo Mini. What do people think?

JimH

• Administrator

Video conversion for Gizmo playback should be working in 16.0.72.  It's at the top of the MC16 board:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=22.0

water1

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...

What is the minimum Android firmware version that will work with Gizmo?
John

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

What is the minimum Android firmware version that will work with Gizmo?

Android 1.6

As an aside, there are some interesting Android SDK distribution stats here:
http://developer.android.com/resources/dashboard/platform-versions.html
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

water1

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...

Thanks Matt. One more application I can't use. I'm stuck in the 2.7% using 1.5.  :'(
John

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Thanks Matt. One more application I can't use. I'm stuck in the 2.7% using 1.5.  :'(

If you're feeling brave, maybe you could switch to Cyanogen:
http://www.cyanogenmod.com/

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen

I've been a fan of Cyanogen for a while now and just put it on my Barnes Noble Nook (from another ROM) and wow it is head and shoulders above the other ROMs I've used.  Fast and stable!

polemides

• Recent member

I'd like to find out if I can do the following in Gizmo...can't seem to find a setting for it if it already exists:

When I open Gizmo, I'd like it to default to opening my Audio folder. For some reason every time I start it, I get sent to the top level (even if I haven't killed the app!). Since I only use it to control audio, it'd be a nice to have...if I can't do that I'd like to be able to delete the Image and Video folder links.

Great application though! Allows me to control my outdoor stereo zone from my phone...which is totally awesome...

BTW running Droid Incredible Android 2.2

Thanks in advance for any help.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

When I open Gizmo, I'd like it to default to opening my Audio folder. For some reason every time I start it, I get sent to the top level (even if I haven't killed the app!). Since I only use it to control audio, it'd be a nice to have...if I can't do that I'd like to be able to delete the Image and Video folder links.

It's possible to create and remove root views, or to build a totally custom browsing hierarchy.

You can customize the views in: Options > Media Network > Customize views for Gizmo, WebRemote, & WebPlay...

polemides

• Recent member

Ah ha! Brilliant...I was attacking the problem from the wrong side. Got it sorted now.

Thanks for the quick response.

imugli

• MC Beta Team

Guys,

Just wondering if remotely scheduling TV recordings is on the cards for Gizmo?

Cheers,

J.

wig

• MC Beta Team

Skipped songs are still getting scrobbled on Last.fm when played through Gizmo. Could you please add a percentage listen option to prevent this? It would be nice if it was configurable, but even a hard-coded percentage (like 50%) would be better than the current setup.

marko

• MC Beta Team

Just updated to build .88... WOW!

Gizmo got all pretty! Excellent work.

Love the new image viewing, though, sadly, I cannot find the words to describe how deeply disappointed I was that I still cannot advance to the next picture by swiping across the screen...
Please tell that that this will come eventually... without lying... Next week perhaps :D

Keep up the good work.
-marko.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day

Just updated to build .88... WOW!

Gizmo got all pretty! Excellent work.

...he says to those us that don't have beta build access  :'(
pretend this is something funny

marko

• MC Beta Team

that should have heehaw to do with it, surely? I got it from the android market where it should be available to anyone who wants it... at least, that's my understanding of how this works.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day

yeah, it was available to me, and installed fine, and seems to work fine so far.  i got one force close, but i was playing around quite a bit with it, so I may have caused it myself.

I has just assumed (yes, i know) that i couldn't install a version of Gizmo more 'advanced' than the version of MC that I'm using, which is currently .87

and yes, I agree, it looks much nicer.  It's about time I spent some time customizing the views for Gizmo, since the default ones don't help much with images and videos.

thanks for pointing out the new, cooler version :)
pretend this is something funny

Blairis

• Recent member

We have 2 Android devices that were working fine with Gizmo until it auto updated to the latest version from the Android market.  I'm running 15.074 of Media Center.  Now playback stops 90% of the time after 1 song, sometimes lasts 2 or 3 songs before stopping and requiring a click of "Resume playback" on the phone.

One phone is Nexus S on Android 2.3.4 the other is LG Eve on 1.6.

Is there a fix for this?  I restarted the server, and the phones.  Wifi network setup hasn't changed.

If no fix how do I roll it back to the prior version of Gizmo on the phones?

Please help.

audunth

Hi!

Let me first say I love the Gizmo feature, it's one of the main reasons I made the jump from Windows Mobile to Android. However, I have a few problems.

First of all, the Theater View Remote feature is great, but the problem is, I normally start the video first and then enter the remote mode. But then I have to press the green button to activate the enter button in the middle which stops the video and goes into theater view. Then I have to select exit theater view to resume the video. Every time I leave Gizmo to make a call or use my phone for anything else, I have to do this all over again. Is this really the way it's supposed to be? It makes me just use my wireless keyboard most of the time. Why can't there just be some view selection buttons on top of the screen above the arrows and enter?

Also, when in playing now mode, when playing a video, I'd like the previous and next buttons to seek in the video (like pressing left/right on the keyboard) instead of jumping tracks. When playing video I only have one file in the playlist most of the time anyway, rendering those buttons pretty much useless. Is this configurable somewhere, or can a configuration of the playing now buttons be added, please?

Another feature I would like to see in Gizmo in the future is a configurable remote screen with buttons to control external devices through IR (since MC already has this functionality already). Maybe with support for CCF files, or some kind of editor within MC? Add Girder control (for lighting etc.) to that, and Gizmo would be a full featured home control remote :)
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

JimH

• Administrator

First of all, the Theater View Remote feature is great, but the problem is, I normally start the video first and then enter the remote mode. But then I have to press the green button to activate the enter button in the middle which stops the video and goes into theater view. Then I have to select exit theater view to resume the video.
Try hitting the green button a second time.

Also, when in playing now mode, when playing a video, I'd like the previous and next buttons to seek in the video (like pressing left/right on the keyboard) instead of jumping tracks.
That's what it should do.  We'll check.
Another feature I would like to see in Gizmo in the future is a configurable remote screen with buttons to control external devices through IR (since MC already has this functionality already). Maybe with support for CCF files, or some kind of editor within MC? Add Girder control (for lighting etc.) to that, and Gizmo would be a full featured home control remote :)
Maybe some day, but not soon.

audunth

Hitting the green button again is not an option, because when I hit it, it disappears and becomes the enter button. But as I press it, Theater view opens, stopping the currently playing video file. I then have to press right/left to select Exit, then confirm exiting Theater view, and then the video resumes. And if I then leave Gizmo to answer a call or whatever, when returning to Gizmo the green button has replaced the enter button, and I have to go through the above procedure again to be able to use it as a remote with arrows/enter.

I just checked again, and while playing a video file, the << goes to the start of the video and >> button does nothing in Playing now view, which I assume is because they are previous and next, and I only have one file in the playlist. If they're supposed to act like search forward and search backward like left and right arrows on the PC keyboard, that makes much more sense when playing video files, as I can't really imagine any need for next and previous buttons when playing video unless you're watching music videos.

Now, in case you misunderstood, the left and right arrow in Theater view remote mode work like left and right on the PC keyboard, but the Theater view remote mode is pretty much useless until I can bypass being forced into Theater mode when I'm in the middle of a video. I don't need Theater mode when I have the same as Theater mode on the screen of my phone!!!! I'd like to just start Gizmo, select my video in Gizmo (which automatically starts it) and then get the left/right/up/down/enter pad on my Gizmo screen without any force-me-into-Theater-mode-green-button where the enter is supposed to be. It should be just arrow pad remote, not Theater view remote!
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers

mobyfrag

• World Citizen

What's new about the Gizmo 2 update released a few days ago?

:)

HTPC4ME

What is gizmo 2? Only seeing gizmo in market.  Where do i find update please?

audunth

The Gizmo on the Market is the latest version. 16.0.111. So it seems like they skipped from 2 to 16 ;)
Cheers,
Audun

My system:

HTPC4ME

thanks

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile

Not sure if this is feature request or use question.  I've been using gizmo quite a bit.  And Gizmo by the way.... is just about everything I've ever wanted for playing music around my house.  Pick the zone/server depending on where I am..... change volume.... pause and answer the phone.  Great work... Great App!!!!!

I would like to do the following via the search icon.  Is this possible?

- Search by Artist
- pick an album by that artist
- Pick a track on that album
- add to playing now... or  add as next to play

Right now to accomplish this it seems I have to go to the home screen...audio...artist...album... then remember the song I want.  Then go search for that song via the search Icon... and then add it to playing now.  I'd rather be able to drill to a track listing... and then choose a track to add to playing now.  hopefully this makes sense.  Anyone else tried to go down this road?

wig

• MC Beta Team

The search feature in Gizmo just isn't very usable right now. Another issue is that if you search for a song name and add it, it will play every song with that name, from every artist in your library. Between cover versions, greatest hits and live versions, having duplicate song names is a pretty common affair.

sure if this is feature request or use question.  I've been using gizmo quite a bit.  And Gizmo by the way.... is just about everything I've ever wanted for playing music around my house.  Pick the zone/server depending on where I am..... change volume.... pause and answer the phone.  Great work... Great App!!!!!

I would like to do the following via the search icon.  Is this possible?

- Search by Artist
- pick an album by that artist
- Pick a track on that album
- add to playing now... or  add as next to play

Right now to accomplish this it seems I have to go to the home screen...audio...artist...album... then remember the song I want.  Then go search for that song via the search Icon... and then add it to playing now.  I'd rather be able to drill to a track listing... and then choose a track to add to playing now.  hopefully this makes sense.  Anyone else tried to go down this road?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up