INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Gizmo 2 -- Stream to Android, play to a DLNA Server, control Theater View  (Read 125851 times)

SeldomSeen

• Recent member

I'm having some Gizmo issues and have a couple of questions as well.

Running Gizmo 16.0.111 on my HTC Incredible with Android 2.2.  Running MC 16.0.121 on my Windows 7 PC with core i3 2100 processor.

Each time I start Gizmo, it authenticates and begins working, I click Audio, then it goes back to the launch screen and authenticates again.  I then click Audio, and as an example, Artists-->Otis Redding-->All Albums then back to the access key.  Then trying again I can get all the way to playing the first track of She's All Right. 

Sometimes it takes a few more tries and sometimes I get an error about the access key not being valid.  If I exit the application entirely and use task killer on it before going back in I can get the access key to be accepted.

Once playing I have very few problems.  But I can't seem to be able to consistently launch the app on the first try (really never).  Any ideas?

My question is about settings.  I have my collection ripped in WAV format as space is not a concern.  In the Media Network settings I have audio conversion in the Client Options set to Always convert audio and MP3 medium bandwidth as the encoder.  I want to make sure that is only being converted when playing through Gizmo and not when I am playing things locally directly from my PC running JRiver and containing my library to my audio system. 

Thanks for any help the community can provide. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

That's not normal.  It's as if the network connection is dropped just after you connect.

Try resetting your login and password on the server.  Try generating a new Access Key.

Perhaps something (router or firewall) on the server side is closing the connection.

Does it work if you're on your own LAN?

SeldomSeen

• Recent member

That's not normal.  It's as if the network connection is dropped just after you connect.

Try resetting your login and password on the server.  Try generating a new Access Key.

Perhaps something (router or firewall) on the server side is closing the connection.

Does it work if you're on your own LAN?

On my LAN I was able to replicate the issue once, then trying again it began playback without issue.  Closed the app, used task killer and tried again and playback began without issue as well.

I do have port 52199 forwarded in my router a linksys/cisco WRT310N.

I asked my wife who has an LG Ally if you experienced similar issues and she said that it happened every now and then, but not consistently as I have found with my phone.

I am not sure how to reset my server password.  I can generate a new key if needed, but that doesn't seem to be the issue.

JimH

• Administrator

I am not sure how to reset my server password.  I can generate a new key if needed, but that doesn't seem to be the issue.
Both are under Media Network in options.

SeldomSeen

• Recent member

I have authentication box unchecked so no password has been set.  Should I set a name/password and check the box?

JimH

• Administrator

Try a new access key first.

SeldomSeen

• Recent member

New key generated and problem persists.

As a I go down through the layers, of audio, artists, etc. it fails the deeper I go. 

Also got this message:  There was a problem connecting to the server.
Please double-check that you have entered the correct key, and that the server and your connection are working.

I click ok, then the go button and it connects and goes to the main page with audio, images, etc.

After about 5 failures I was able to get a track to play.

JimH

• Administrator

This page might help.  Try the test near the bottom.
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Network_Access

It just seems like the connection isn't reliable.

SeldomSeen

• Recent member

Hmm, under the access key I selected test connection and I get the pop up box saying:  Your server has been registered with JRiver. etc.

Is that the test you were referring to? 

SeldomSeen

• Recent member

Thought I had it figured out with a couple changes in Windows firewall settings, but that didn't resolve the problem.

The only thing I can seem to pinpoint is that my green hard drive causes the failure when it is not spinning.  I have been able to go to my pictures, get the drive spinning there, then go back to audio and get it to work right away.

JimH

• Administrator

The only thing I can seem to pinpoint is that my green hard drive causes the failure when it is not spinning.  I have been able to go to my pictures, get the drive spinning there, then go back to audio and get it to work right away.
That could be the problem.

SeldomSeen

• Recent member

Any suggestions to how to remedy that so connection can be established first time?

flac.rules

I have borrowed a samsung galaxy s2 for a couple of days, and im playing around with Gizmo. First of alle the app looks very very nice. Good job. I have a little question though, if i set a playlist/album or whatever to play, i get a display from playing now, where i can skip/pause and so on, and a image of the cover-art. This is nice and all, but more or less only a glorified remote. Is there a way to get a more "list-style" playing now, where i see the file playing, the next few files and I can choose the next song to play and so on?

JimH

• Administrator

You should see a list icon in the lower left corner of Playing Now.

You can get to Playing Now by holding down the home icon in the upper left.

TMA-1

• World Citizen

Here's a Gizmo request:
I would love to see the video-list as a cover view just like the audio-list (gridview in android terms). It would be nice to be able to switch between cover-view or list-view but cover-view only would be fine as well  :D
Now when I can use MC and my android-tablet for my blu-ray collection as well (yayh!) it would be more fun to see the covers of the movies instead of just the title and a small thumb in a list. List-views does not look that nice on a tablet when they strech across the entire screen. A suggestion would be to give tablets more and more focus when developing Gizmo. I belive Im not alone in using one and more will come. Keep up the good work!

flac.rules

You should see a list icon in the lower left corner of Playing Now.

You can get to Playing Now by holding down the home icon in the upper left.

Hmm, you are right, I do see a list icon in the lower left of playing now, but only if i add my songs through the "audio"-icon, if i go to "playlist" and chose onw of them, the list-icon is no longer in the playing-now-screen. Could it be a possible bug, or is this intended behaviour?

Sheugel

• World Citizen

There is a 100-tracks limit: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=63350.msg424539#msg424539

I hope the developers will remove it.

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen

flac.rules

Thanks for the feedback, now at least i know the reason, and +1 on getting the list with more than 100 songs.

A second question, under "commands" there is a list of commands, is it somehow possible to add custom commands here, or a string of commands? (like adding the same stuff you can do with "core commands" to the list)

docles

• Recent member

Any suggestions to how to remedy that so connection can be established first time?

Hello,

I would like to share the same connexion problems with gizmo newly connected to my server running the latest version of JRiver.

My network runs since several years with no new change or issues. I used to use gizmo few months ago and the problems didn't occure.

Thanks to investigate this issue and not reject it easilly towards network.

Regards

Docles

JimH

• Administrator

Firewalls can prevent access.

Under Tools/Options/MediaNetwork, there is a test.

SeldomSeen

• Recent member

Setting my hard drive to never spin down fixed my initial log in issue. 

I am still having some trouble with songs beginning, then skipping to the next song in the list.  I'm not sure what the cause of this could be.  I'm thinking something to do with buffering/3g hiccup/network traffic but haven't been able to pinpoint it.

I am far less frustrated now that I can log in successfully on the first try though.

docles

• Recent member

Firewalls can prevent access.

Under Tools/Options/MediaNetwork, there is a test.

Hi,could you be more specific on where is the test. I can't see it in that window.

Docles

JimH

• Administrator

Click on Access Key.

Tiger100

• Junior Woodchuck

I really like Gizmo, but one thing that I find frustrating is not being able to control the volume of my receiver when bitstreaming through HDMI to my reciever.  This is such a basic item that it should be addressed.  It would be great if an option existed to have Gizmo forward volume command controls to Girder or to my USB UIRT.

David

audunth

Have you tried setting the volume to internal volume in MC?
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

srwooten

• Recent member

I just downloaded Gizmo for use with my PS Audio PerfectWave DAC/Bridge combo and am THRILLED with it. Thanks for such a great product! ;D

Jonathan DA

• Junior Woodchuck

Dumb question, but how do I get back to the main screen on Gizmo?  I tapped Theater View Remote and am stuck there.  Running Gizmo on a ViewSone GTab 10.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Tiger100

• Junior Woodchuck

Have you tried setting the volume to internal volume in MC?

Tried this.  No luck.  Gizmo's volume control needs to be looked at to make it truly functional for HTPCs.  For now, I am not bitstreaming, which is not ideal.  Many people who use Gizmo as a remote to select and watch a movie, will want to be able to pass events onto Girder or Eventghost to control the volume on their receiver directly.

Another issue that I have with Gizmo is when I switch to Theater View control after selecting a movie to watch using my phone's screen.  Two issues:

1) The message that comes up on the screen every time I switch to this interface explaining the interface and
2) The WMC logo that takes you to the home screen for Theater View, rather than the JRiver Logo that allows for the control of the playback of the movie.  It would be better if the program recognized that a movie was playing and didn't show the WMC logo after starting a movie from the phones screen.

I really do like Gizmo and it has lots of potential, but it still requires some improvements.

David

Tiger100

• Junior Woodchuck

Dumb question, but how do I get back to the main screen on Gizmo?  I tapped Theater View Remote and am stuck there.  Running Gizmo on a ViewSone GTab 10.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Hit the options soft key on your phone and this will give you the option to exit Remote Mode.

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.

I love gizmo2. It makes my little htc wildfire feel like a king in the house!

I have one problem and a suggestion though, regarding theater view remote.

The problem i experience is, that the remote function acts way too slow between tapping, vibrating and actually doing anything on the screen. I don't know if anyone else has that problem or it's just me, but it's actually a pain navigating through the theater view with gizmo.

Apart from that, my one and only suggestion would be to make gizmo2 theater remote, a full fledged remote, with play/stop/pause/next/previous etc buttons and without the need to start theaterview "by force". There are other solutions out there that already do that like Unified Remote, but i love gizmo for all the nice things it can do, it's a powerhouse plain and simple.

Please take my little post into consideration :)

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen

I still wish it would mark a track in the database as "Last Played" at the END of the track and not the beginning.

SeldomSeen

• Recent member

Is it possible to refresh a smart playlist via gizmo? 

dildaly

• Recent member

So disappointed. Up until recently my android phone could play music and video via Gizmo.
Now, with the latest stable release of Media Centre and the most recent apps market version of Gizmo, video won't work at all.
This is true on my wife's phone too which is a different make of android.

TheDuke

• World Citizen
Re: NEW: Gizmo 2 -- Stream to Android, play to a DLNA Server, control Theater View
« Reply #184 on: September 13, 2011, 08:21:25 pm »

Hi
I have just bought a fancy honeycomb tablet and would like to be able to stream to it
Gizmo works great at streaming music
But would really like to stream video. When I try at the moment the screen just goes white and there is no response.
I can stream video from J River to android using skifta and moboplayer. However this is not without problems as it has trouble with directories with a large amount of files

JimH

• Administrator
Re: NEW: Gizmo 2 -- Stream to Android, play to a DLNA Server, control Theater View
« Reply #185 on: September 13, 2011, 08:24:58 pm »

Try updating MC with the build at the top of the MC16 board.

Make sure Gizmo is also the latest.

TheDuke

• World Citizen
« Reply #186 on: September 15, 2011, 07:38:31 pm »

Thats seems to have fixed it. Looks like I'll will upgrading to MC16 after all. Playback is still a little stuttered however. What would be the best settings? The network should be pretty fast. Gigabit lan from the desktop, wireless n to the tablet. Cheers Rob

TheDuke

• World Citizen
« Reply #187 on: September 28, 2011, 05:05:03 am »

Im still having problems with streaming video to my android tablet via gizmo. It certainly works but the video is a little stuttered and doesn't seem to flow naturally. If I stream using skfita and MC just as a dlna server it is great. No biggie. I was just wondering if there are any settings I should be looking at. Currently I am waying up whether or not to upgrade from MC15 to MC16 as my MC16 trial runs out in a few days. Currently it has a few nice new features but maybe not enough to upgrade.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #188 on: September 28, 2011, 06:51:57 am »

We noticed a problem streaming a DVD rip this week and we're looking at it.

Blu-ray rips play perfectly for us.  Could you try one?  You'll need the latest MC.

SeldomSeen

• Recent member

Any idea if Gizmo will work on the new Honeycomb release of GoogleTV? 

Could it conceivably stream 1080p .mkv files over the home network to the device?

audunth

Here's a scenario:

I'm watching a movie and using the theatre view remote control mode of Gizmo. In display view, I use the arrows to scroll through subtitle options and what not. Then I get a call, write an SMS or do something else with my phone. Then I switch to Gizmo again. Herein lies the problem: The enter button is now gone! To make it work, I have to press the green button in the middle one time first before it changes to the enter button, AND THIS STOPS THE MOVIE AND ENTERS THEATRE VIEW! What's up with that? Can't there always be an enter button in the middle and another button for changing views? There's more than enought space for that, even on my tiny Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini with 320x240 resolution!

Seriously, this is a bug that needs fixing!
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Tiger100

• Junior Woodchuck

Here's a scenario:

I'm watching a movie and using the theatre view remote control mode of Gizmo. In display view, I use the arrows to scroll through subtitle options and what not. Then I get a call, write an SMS or do something else with my phone. Then I switch to Gizmo again. Herein lies the problem: The enter button is now gone! To make it work, I have to press the green button in the middle one time first before it changes to the enter button, AND THIS STOPS THE MOVIE AND ENTERS THEATRE VIEW! What's up with that? Can't there always be an enter button in the middle and another button for changing views? There's more than enought space for that, even on my tiny Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini with 320x240 resolution!

Seriously, this is a bug that needs fixing!

I agree - it would be great to address this issue.

Didi

I use MC17 on my Thinkpad W510 and tried Gizmo on my HTC phone; it works fine if connected to internet. In some cases I have to use MC17 where there is no internet connection or poor connection, such as Audio Shows in hotels (CES ....), Gizmo didn't work. I use Virtual Router to connect Gizmo. Any advise?
I do audio shows in many places and countries, so data roaming will be very expensive.

JimH

• Administrator

I use MC17 on my Thinkpad W510 and tried Gizmo on my HTC phone; it works fine if connected to internet. In some cases I have to use MC17 where there is no internet connection or poor connection, such as Audio Shows in hotels (CES ....), Gizmo didn't work. I use Virtual Router to connect Gizmo. Any advise?
I do audio shows in many places and countries, so data roaming will be very expensive.
It works over Internet or on a LAN.  If it isn't, it's probably a router / firewall problem.

gigglez

• Recent member

I can play audio just fine with gizmo - but when I try and play any video file ( mov, avi, mkv, wmv ) all i get is a white screen.  I have tried this on 3 different devices, Samsung fascinate,  Motorola atrix, and kindle fire; all the devices are rooted.

I am running media center 16.0.181 - I downloaded gizmo from this link http://www.jriver.com/install_gizmo.html. I reinstalled gizmo yesterday to make sure i had the newest/greatest version.

I went into media center and played with the video conversion options- I went trough and choose different ones from the list - right now it is set to mp4 low.

On my devices i tried downloading apps to see if that was the issue: dolphin browser, flash player, opera, swf player, vlc direct. I turned on options in my web browsers to be able to play files that are flash or embed in sites.

JimH

• Administrator

Try the conversion settings in MC, under Media Network.

Tiger100

• Junior Woodchuck

Will Gizmo run on Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4)?

David

JimH

• Administrator

We haven't seen it yet, but it should work.

yoyoc

• World Citizen

I just installed Gizmo ver 17.0.50 in my honeycomb 3.1 Google TV and it stops right before starting the next song after loading it and I have to hit resume to get it going after every song.

I see this had been reported before in prior versions.  what should I do?

Any how, I see there is a section in adroid dev which states which rights have to be specified so an app may be installed on Google TV from market. maybe that could help??

JimH

• Administrator

You might try installing other music players.  Gizmo uses the default music player.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up