INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Gizmo 2 -- Stream to Android, play to a DLNA Server, control Theater View  (Read 126102 times)

canuck123

• Recent member

I installed GIZMO2 on my Motorola Xoom Wifi tablet and I am able to view and listen to my Media Center no problem. I would like to know if it is possible to use Gizmo as a remote to control music from my JRiver media server but have it streamed over to my Samsung home theatre blueray player.

At this time I am able to connect from the blueray home theatre unit and see the JRiver server but I cannot control what is being played from the Gizmo app on my Xoom Android tablet.

Thanks a bunch ,,,

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

In Gizmo, can you open the library on your MC Server?  If so, you can play to the Samsung BDP if you select it in Gizmo.

Not all devices are DLNA Renderers.  See the DLNA topic on our wiki for more information.

canuck123

• Recent member

In Gizmo, can you open the library on your MC Server?  If so, you can play to the Samsung BDP if you select it in Gizmo.

Not all devices are DLNA Renderers.  See the DLNA topic on our wiki for more information.

Yes I am able to enter the access code in Gizmo and the I get the following options:

Choose Where to Play
Here
Server

Choose A server to play from
Steve-PC (my access code)
New server....

More
Use device as a Theater View remote

I chose "Use device as a theater view remote" and looking at my computer I was able to navigate quite well with the Android remote and media Center.

My question is, can I get what I see and play on my desktop sent to the Samsung BDP and continue to control it via the remote ?

bob

• Administrator

Yes I am able to enter the access code in Gizmo and the I get the following options:

Choose Where to Play
Here
Server

Choose A server to play from
Steve-PC (my access code)
New server....

More
Use device as a Theater View remote

I chose "Use device as a theater view remote" and looking at my computer I was able to navigate quite well with the Android remote and media Center.

My question is, can I get what I see and play on my desktop sent to the Samsung BDP and continue to control it via the remote ?

It appears that your Samsung player is not a renderer. We have two Sammy BDP's here and neither are renderers. Rendering support is not required to get DLNA certification. Some devices do, others don't. For example, the Sony PS3 doesn't but our Sony Bravia TV does. There is no consistency in this area by device manufacturers.

canuck123

• Recent member

OK thanks for the help.

aconitic

Hi there,

Sorry to ask this basic question but, would it be possible to use gizmo on a tablet (as a remote to control MC) via a W7 adhoc network ?

I have no router, just wireless network card on both computer/tablet.

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.

Any chance we can get a configurable option for what is presented as the filename in Gizmo?  Something like Options->Theater View->Advanced->File caption.

I have a DNLA device that insists on showing files in alphabetical order, no matter how I have the view in WebGizmo configured.  What I want is to be able to configure MC to present S[Season]E[Episode] - [Name] for TV shows, so I can at least figure out which episode is next.

-John

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.

Are you configuring the correct area?  DLNA configuration is under Add or configure DLNA servers... > Customize views...

You can add your own categories, which presents details as you want.  If you create a category which includes:

S[Season]E[Episode] - [Name]

When you drill down, you'll be presented with the list as you want.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

JIMV

• World Citizen

How does one remove an obsolete server from the server list in Gizmo??

gwikse

• Recent member

Is if possible to set the volume on an IR device through the MCE emitter from gizmo?

jsimo01

• Recent member

Will the ability to toggle/cycle repeat modes be added at some point?

Thanks

Rudy81

• Junior Woodchuck

Recently upgraded to MC17 and started using Gizmo on my Droid X2.  What a great app!!!  I can control my MC17 from anywhere in the house.  My HTPC streams music from an unRaid server to MC17. Very, very nice work!  I hope you can get a similar app for the iPhone and iPad in the near future. 

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

Rudy81

• Junior Woodchuck

Thank you for the links.  I was looking at using the Web Gizmo on those devices, but I hope those Apps work similar to the Android App on my Droid.

I'll let you know how they work for me.  This has all been worth the upgrade price.  Thank you for all your work JRiver!

Edit. I didn't realize those apps were for purchase.  I'll have to read up on them prior to spending the money.

HTPC4ME

i believe Webgizmo would work too, But ive not played with any of the 3 as of yet...You may want to ask around and get other users opinions.

pcstockton

Thank you for the links.  I was looking at using the Web Gizmo on those devices, but I hope those Apps work similar to the Android App on my Droid.

I'll let you know how they work for me.  This has all been worth the upgrade price.  Thank you for all your work JRiver!

Edit. I didn't realize those apps were for purchase.  I'll have to read up on them prior to spending the money.
They are FAR superior.  I LOVE JRemote.  But I do use MyRiver for streaming remotely when PlugPLayer is acting up.

-patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

sakendrick

• Recent member

Any chance you'll release one for Windows Phone? :)

Rudy81

• Junior Woodchuck

I just finished playing with the WebGizmo Remote on an iPad and iPhone 4. This is within my LAN.  Relatively fast response, although not as quick as my Android. GUI could be a little more polished, but it works very well as is.  A few of the reviews on the linked software are not good, and once you part with your $10, it doesn't matter if you like the app or not. For the time being, the Web interface does what I need.  I hope in time JRiver will improve on the web interface. 

dcb1266

• Recent member

Downloaded gizmo to android tablet,can use play to server  and theatre remote but cannot use play here,folders load press audio then albums pick album pick song then get message you're on the bus resume  playback,any help much appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator

Downloaded gizmo to android tablet,can use play to server  and theatre remote but cannot use play here,folders load press audio then albums pick album pick song then get message you're on the bus resume  playback,any help much appreciated.
What is the device?  It may not have a suitable player. 

Does WebGizmo work?

dcb1266

• Recent member

onda vi40 elite running Android 4.0.3.Have tried N7player,mxplayer,real player and the basic android music player that was on the tablet.

JimH

• Administrator

Did you try updating MC?  147 is the current build.

dcb1266

• Recent member

MC updated,tried webgizmo allworks accept playing here on tablet goes all the way to single song chosen art work loaded and then its as if its trying to load the song but can.'http://HTTP://jriver.com/webgizmo.html.Also tried http://wg.jriver.com/your_access_key with my access key,just says library server not found.Thanks for your help so far.

JimH

• Administrator

Are you testing from inside your network?  Or outside?

dcb1266

• Recent member

Inside

JimH

• Administrator

JIMV

• World Citizen

Have a new bit or weirdness...I updated two servers to .147 and my wireless one works fine with Gizmo but the wired one requires that I turn MC on before GIZMO sees it...

I updated Gizmo a few weeks ago but have no idea how to discover the version it is running. This is on my internal network.

JimH

• Administrator

Run Media Server at Windows Start.  The setting is under Startup.

dcb1266

• Recent member

Tried cpl times,player works, playing here does not also also uninstalled gizmo and then reinstalled as was mentioned elsewere,no luck will try installing cpl more players.Everything else working really nicely with gizmo and webgizmo.

JimH

• Administrator

Try WebGizmo from another device on your network.  Anything with a browser.  That might tell you if the problem is on the server side or on the client.

JIMV

• World Citizen

Run Media Server at Windows Start.  The setting is under Startup.

Thanks...

dcb1266

• Recent member

used samsung galaxy s2. gizmo worked could not seem to get webgizmo to work

JimH

• Administrator

could not seem to get webgizmo to work
Odd.  They use the same server so they should both work.

Double check the access key and that you have selected "Inside".

dcb1266

• Recent member

Access key  was correct  just had to put user name and password in a few times all seemed ok untill tried to play single track art work there but its as though music cant transfer from mc to playing here.

bob

• Administrator

Access key  was correct  just had to put user name and password in a few times all seemed ok untill tried to play single track art work there but its as though music cant transfer from mc to playing here.
Do you notice different behavior between the "Play All" selection and just trying to play a single track? They use somewhat different playback logic.

dcb1266

• Recent member

through gizmo says preparing for a few seconds then you're onthe bus resume playback.Webgizmo press play all box comes up save as: put something in the box press ok download symbal appears then says download complete, strange.

JimH

• Administrator

A new version is available with some fixes for Android 4.0 and 4.1.

dcb1266

• Recent member

Ok thanks will try that.Have tried  a few more media players to the tablet,still no luck

jsimo01

• Recent member

Will the ability to toggle/cycle repeat modes be added at some point?

Repeat Now Playing, Current Item, etc. ??

Osho

• MC Beta Team

A new version is available with some fixes for Android 4.0 and 4.1.

Is Play Store taking some time to get this update? I still see...

Updated:
    April 6, 2012
Current Version:
Requires Android:
    1.6 and up

But the release notes show:

Changed: Improved support for Android 4.0 / 4.1.
Fixed: Pausing playback (instead of stopping) would not let the device sleep.

Thanks,
Osho

JimH

• Administrator

Please give it a few minutes and try again.  I think it's fixed.

Osho

• MC Beta Team

Please give it a few minutes and try again.  I think it's fixed.

I still don't see it - maybe it is device dependent? Anyone able to see a version dated later than April?

Thanks,
Osho

JimH

• Administrator

I still don't see it - maybe it is device dependent? Anyone able to see a version dated later than April?

Thanks,
Osho
My fault.  Please try again.

HTPC4ME

working here

Osho

• MC Beta Team

I do see new Gizmo update now.. It did fix the 3-dot menu issue I referred in another thread in this forum. Thanks a lot!

Osho

JimH

• Administrator

Posts about empty albums were moved here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=73557.0

atoysruskid

Re: NEW: Gizmo 2 -- Stream to Android, play to a DLNA Server, control Theater View
« Reply #296 on: September 03, 2012, 07:33:04 am »

Gizmo works great for audio on my Droid Razr Maxx, but when I try to play video it tells me I need to install Flash Player.  I'm not really sure which Flash Player it's referring to...?

uncola

• Recent member

I can't figure out how to see the current playlist.. I can get to the now playing screen that shows the currently playing song.. but is there a way to see the playlist of stuff playing now?  
edit:  hmm if I choose to play an entire album, there's a playlist icon on the playing now screen on the bottom left.. but if I only play individual songs that icon isn't there?

dildaly

• Recent member

Having a problem. i have the latest stable version of media centre 18.0.158 and the latest version of gizmo for android. Tried it on Samsung Galaxy S2 and Motorola Xoom - neither will show artist - the connection just resets every time. They both work fine with album or genre but not artist. Webgizmo does work for me on both platforms with artist, but is not suitable because I have a big music collection.
Any help appreciated.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Having a problem. i have the latest stable version of media centre 18.0.158 and the latest version of gizmo for android. Tried it on Samsung Galaxy S2 and Motorola Xoom - neither will show artist - the connection just resets every time. They both work fine with album or genre but not artist. Webgizmo does work for me on both platforms with artist, but is not suitable because I have a big music collection.
Any help appreciated.

It could be timing out, or there could be a certain artist name causing problems.

How large is the library, how fast is the server, and are there any strange characters in the artist column?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up