INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Install key  (Read 2444 times)

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
Install key
« on: November 25, 2010, 11:26:52 am »

I have asked for this before, but my problem remains. After formatting my Laptops HD I had to reinstall MC
I also have two portable installs for my external HDD's. But when I try to use the version on the laptop I have to use the reg code. Downloading the regcode and try to install it says there might
be another user registered to the program, or that both the server and sofware is in the autostart folder. I have uninstall and reinstall several times, I have used a special uninstall software to get
rid of all entrys, I have downloaded the latest version (58) Nothing seems to help. I use the
register from Internet mode, and paste the regcode I got via Email paste it in the internetmode,
the only thing that is good for is that it uses up my regcodes I'm used 5 today in one hours time.
Please help me out before I go nuts.

Blue Boy
rid of all remaining entrys and downloading the latest verison (58).

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
Re: Install key
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 10:57:22 am »

Please help me anyone!!! :'(

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 11:06:32 am »

It isn't clear what you're asking.

Portable Installs must be done from a previously licensed machine, and licensed for the same version being installed.

159 is the latest build.

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 02:17:46 pm »

When I tried it was 58 that was the latest build, but that isn't the issue. My portable Installs are working fine, even with my computer that have an expired version of MC. The problem is that I can't get the install key to work. I have uninstalled my old version of MC, I downloaded the latest buil.
I mailed for a new Install key, put that in the form saying if oyu have an install key put it here click
and then the MC says there is either an another account or mediacenter and media server is both in
the start section or something else is wron, please reebot and try again. Well there  is nothing in the
start section, all old version has been uninstalled with a software that makes shure that everyting is uninstalled. I have never changed my user account either. But I reebot paste the provided intall key
and the same happens again, but another install key is removed from me as there is a mail saying
you now have XX left. That happens even if I used the key I just got via Email.

Hope I have make my self clearer as Englis is not my native languise

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 07:57:06 am »

Did I make myself cleares this time? Also why when putting the reg. key on internet does another key
been drown from the account?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 08:17:17 am »

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 09:12:19 am »

I mailed for a new Install key, put that in the form saying if oyu have an install key put it here click
and then MC says there is either another account or mediacenter and media server is both in the start section or something else is wrong, please reebot and try again. Well there  is nothing in the
start section, all old versions have been uninstalled with a software that makes sure that everyting is uninstalled. I have never changed my user account either. But I reboot paste the provided intall key and the same happens again, but another install key is removed from me as there is a mail saying you now have XX left. That happens even if I used the key I just got via Email.

The Install Key can be executed from Explorer.  It is only good for 14 days.

The Registration Code is used to do a restore on the Restore Page.  It is good forever.

It sounds like you may be trying to use the contents of the Install Key and paste it into the Restore Page.

This is all explained in the "Purchase" link above.

When you do a restore, the license should be automatically installed.  Read carefully as you do it.

If you run out of restores, let us know.  We'll fix that.

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 03:36:43 pm »

Okey that solves one problem, but still my newly installed version can't be restored to full version as it
says there is onother user or both the Mc and Mc server is in the auto section or it is another problem..
I have tried everything. but I can't format my computer to get rid of the problem

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 05:31:19 pm »

...  still my newly installed version can't be restored to full version as it
says there is onother user or both the Mc and Mc server is in the auto section or it is another problem...
What do you mean by that?  Please explain "restored to full version".

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 05:21:20 pm »

okey, I have paid and are a registred user of MC. After formatting my laptop HDD I had to reinstalling W7.I downloaded MC again, MC said that my 30 day has experied asked for a new reg key and when trying to install the key MC is running but may have another version running under another user account, both media center and media server are both in Windows start up or another problem please reeboot. Well I tried everything uninstalling MC downloaded the  latest build and so on. Nothing helps me. But I can run MC from my externall install without problem...I have no clue to resolve this problem.

MrHaugen

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 05:24:55 am »

First of all, there is a difference in key(file) and product key (numbers and letters?). The product key is about 30 letters/numbers long. The key is a file which is used to install a number of MC's on different machines, or after fresh installs etc. I'll call the file "key" and the product key as a "product key".

There is several ways you can and have to activate the full version. this is a short description.

- First time you download and install MC15, trial version.
- You choose to upgrade to full version (pay for a product key)
- You'll get a product key as well as the key file, which you can use for a number of 30 14 days before it's expired
- You'll have to save this file if you want to install and restore multiple copies. The restore functionality from internet is limited to 10? restores

- If you still have this file, and it's not expired, you can double click it and your trial version of MC will be upgraded
- If you don't have this file, you'll have to choose restore when starting MC15. Choose the restore from internet (or what ever)
- Enter your product key and you'll get the file again, for future installs (30? days). The key should be used to unlock MC15 automagically

- If you're not sure about the license number, then you can get this by mail (together with the key file I think)

This is just taken of the top of my bad memory, but it should not be very much off.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 01:34:18 pm »

I got both product number and key, the problem is that my version of MC says as described above.
This message shows up when I try to use the key. I don't know how to post a screenshot otherwise
you could have read and see the problem for yourself.......

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 01:39:26 pm »

Please use the correct terms.  A Registration Code is your permanent license.  The Install Key is temporary (good for 14 days).

Remove the portable install from the mix if you can.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 02:47:05 pm »

when trying to install the key

How did you try to install the key?  By running the Install Key file (a file with mjr extension)?  If yes, is it recent (as already noted, this key expires in 14 days)?

MC is running but may have another version running under another user account, both media center and media server are both in Windows start up or another problem please reeboot.

Sounds like MC is trying to start but there is already a running process in the background.  Try finding it in Task Manager and kill it.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up