INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ogg files crach MC15, sometimes system plus more  (Read 884 times)

rphinson

• Recent member
ogg files crach MC15, sometimes system plus more
« on: December 01, 2010, 01:30:38 pm »

System:
Windows XP Pro, Version 2002 SP2
AMD Atlon 1.83GHz

Just updated from MC11, never crashed but stopped burning disks. It would freeze while preparing start up files for a burn.

MC15 just auto-updated today.

Prior to today's update MC15 crashed the system when playing an .ogg. Post update it played one .ogg then MC15 crashed halfway through the second.

Over the weekend while playing MC15 audio files, updating track tags, and downloading CD covers (get from internet) MC15 crashed the computer multiple times (6-ish.) Does it just not play well with XP? MC15 prompted an update to XP prior to install.

MC15 (post-update) crashes when trying to burn Data CD's, 'convert to MP3' and 'convert to MP3, ignore Wave.'

Error Message-

The instruction at "0x04f5dc5a" referenced memory at "0x00050fb0"> The memory could not be "read".

Thoughts? I'm going to build a new rig which will probably require Windows 7 (SATA Drives) but was hoping this one would last until then.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: ogg files crach MC15, sometimes system plus more
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 01:33:46 pm »

... MC15 crashed the computer multiple times (6-ish.)
If your computer itself is crashing, that's probably a problem with hardware or drivers.  Please try the link called "Stability" in my signature.

rphinson

• Recent member
Re: ogg files crach MC15, sometimes system plus more
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 02:40:50 pm »

The .ogg files only crash MC15. Any thoughts on that?

I figure the disk burn is a hardware/drive problem (hangs or crashes system on two versions of MC at different points in the burn.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up