INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to select default playing device?  (Read 1473 times)

desalvo55

• Recent member
How to select default playing device?
« on: December 05, 2010, 12:22:11 pm »

I'm new to JRiver software so please forgive the possible dumb question.

I've spent a week getting this software to handle control of my PS Audio PerfectWave DAC media bridge. It works! I've been streaming lossless audio straight to the DAC and it sounds amazing. It wasn't easy as it involved a lot of settings. One glaring issue I have is this.

There are 2 "now playing" devices, My local PC and the PW Bridge. What happens is often the software wants to use the PC and not the PW Bridge. I keep on having to select the PW Bridge in playing now then go to the library. Often I get error messages stating that it doesn't support the file type but I believe that is due to the fact that it defaults to the PC which wouldn't support FLAC files.

When playing music I ONLY want to play through the PW Bridge device. Is there a way to set that as default?

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to select default playing device?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 12:26:55 pm »

Welcome to Interact.

In MC's options, select Audio, then use this page for instructions:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Output_Modes

If you set that section, your playback will default to the device you've set.

desalvo55

• Recent member
Re: How to select default playing device?
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 05:50:14 pm »

Thanks for your help. I was using Kernal streaming and have now switched to WASAPI. I still get the Mish-PC (my local computer) followed by Perfectwave Dac, the deice I wish it would only refer too. When I last tried to change the order, I accidently linked it to the PC. Is this bad?

How can I lose the PC altogether in Audio mode? I simply want a bitstream capable of 176Khz 32bit from my files.

Also in Audio settings, it offers a SPDIF HQ audio output setting or default device. I choose default device as the device of choice. Again, my goal is to simply bitstream the FLAC audio files from my DNS 343 storage device to my Bridge. It's nearly perfect. When I finally get this dialed in I wish to share with the audio community at PS Audio who have a Bridge but no iDevice to control.
 ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up