INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 15.0.167 -- Available here  (Read 3060 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 15.0.167 -- Available here
« on: December 14, 2010, 10:24:56 am »

This is the latest version of MC 15.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved. 

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter150167.exe

15.0.167 (12/10/2010)

1. Fixed: Cover Art lookup / submission was not available in build 165 and 166.
2. NEW: MCWS/v1/Values uses fuzzy matching and can sort matches by relevance (used by Gizmo).

15.0.166 (12/10/2010)

1. Changed: Improved handling of AIFF files with an invalid block size specified in their SSND header (affected samples from Bravura Records).
2. Fixed: WAV playback issue (only applies to build 165).

15.0.165 (12/9/2010)

1. Fixed: Television playback was broken in build 164.
2. Changed: Made DLNA engine more tolerant of device failures, so a device is less likely to be removed.
3. Changed: Television program cleanup of old programs as specified by subscription options happens each 8 hours instead of only on program shutdown (only happens when no recording or playback is taking place).
4. Fixed: The response to SSDP UDP notifications would unnecessarily return a 500 server error code.
5. Fixed: The program could create unnecessary C:\My Music, C:\My Pictures, and C:\My Videos folders on run.
6. Fixed: Playback of live HTTP WAV or L16 streams did not work nicely (used when acting as a DLNA renderer).

15.0.164 (12/8/2010)

1. Changed: Reworked code that validates the main program's size and visibility so launching after changing monitor configurations will not result in a hidden or oversized window.
2. Fixed: M4a audio was played in video engine instead of audio engine if Playback Method was set to "Automatic".
3. Fixed: M4a audio failed to convert to other formats due to the bug in item 2 above.
4. Fixed: When playing to a DLNA renderer that does not reliably support eventing, playback would not always advance if the renderer was not the active zone.
5. Changed: Reduced the time between track changes for DLNA devices that do not support eventing.
6. NEW: The amount of edge cropping (with the "Crop Edges" option, which is now also available in DVD playback) is now configurable (under General Video Settings).
7. Fixed: Possible dead-locks when switching tabs that contained certain views.
8. SDK: Update MCWS/v1/Library/Values so that it can filter matches, return multiple fields, and sort matches by quality (allows [search suggestions in Gizmo, etc.).

15.0.163 (12/7/2010)

1. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks to Johnny B).
2. Changed: Improved support for DLNA device volume control for devices that use a volume range other than 0 to 100 (Philips NP2500, etc.).
3. Fixed: The MCWS volume calls would allow setting the volume to more than 100% (Spinal Tap).
4. Fixed: Attached DLNA devices could fail to appear or could take a few minutes to appear, especially when running a local media server.
5. SDK: Changed MCWS/v1/Playback/Playlist to a standard files function so it can return MPL (use &Action=Serialize to return previous serialized format).
6. SDK: Changed MCWS/v1/Library/Values to use 'Item' instead of 'Value' to be more consistent with other functions.
7. Fixed: Switching from Theater View or image playback to Standard View to certain threaded views could hang (only a problem in last few builds).
8. NEW: Added support for MSB byte-ordered integer audio formats to the ASIO output plugin (Int16MSB, Int24MSB, Int32MSB16, Int32MSB18, Int32MSB20, Int32MSB24, Int32MSB).
9. Changed: DLNA server, more accurate detection of videos that can be played without transcoding for WMC compatible devices (Xbox 360).
10. Fixed: DLNA server, WMC compatible devices (Xbox 360) were not presenting all avi's that could be played without conversion.
11. Fixed: Enabling Dolby Digital output in DSP Studio when using ASIO could cause a crash.
12. Changed: Improved efficiency of ASIO buffer filling system.
13. Changed: Significantly improved performance of JRiver URL Reader filter for YouTube playback.
14. Fixed: When deleting a list item in Theater View, the file info panel image could go away until manually selecting a different item.

15.0.162 (12/6/2010)

1. Fixed: Doing a fresh install with build 160 or 161 would not work (uninstall, reboot, and reinstall this build if you have this problem)
2. Fixed: The uninstaller could have visual gaps on the window border using the Noire skin.
3. Changed: Samsung Galaxy Tab appears with a full name and image instead of as a generic Android (may require redetect of devices).

15.0.161 (12/3/2010)

1. Fixed: DLNA Server, PS3 video "convert when necessary" add xvid as natively playable media.
2. Fixed: Possible rare crash when DLNA devices left the network.
3. SDK: Added 'AccessKey' to MCWS/v1/Alive response.
4. Changed: Reverted to using a simple reader instead of a more sophisticated buffering reader for Library Server audio playback (new reader to return later).

15.0.160 (12/1/2010)

1. Fixed: On some CD/DVD burners, enabling 'test mode' could still result in the disc getting written to.
2. Fixed: In CD/DVD burning, the order of transmitting certain commands to the burner was changed which seems to improve reliability on certain burners, namely Samsung.
3. Changed: DLNA Server, more tweaking of video conversion autodetect, especially for the PS3.
4. Changed: Reworked how paths are stored in options so that they are user account relative when possible.
5. Changed: Restoring a library with settings from a different OS or different user account will work better.
6. Faster: Improved core browsing system of database for lower memory usage and better performance (helps program navigation performance and Gizmo performance).
7. Faster: Servers that power DLNA, WebPlay, Gizmo, etc. will use gzip compression for clients that support it.
8. Fixed: DLNA server, mkv files with h264 video will now play properly on the WDTV (and others that support this format).
9. Fixed: When resampling, startup silence for hardware synchronization durations would not be adjusted properly.
10. Fixed: WAV playback was not working over Library Server.
11. Changed: Added smartlist location specifier 'r' to show removed files (i.e. ~d=r).
12. Changed: Added smartlist location specifier 'g' to show television guide files (i.e. ~d=g).
13. SDK: When making an MPL request from MCWS, a list of desired fields can be specified (makes Gizmo file requests much faster).
14. SDK: MCWS file requests can optionally suppress returning filenames that point to local files while still getting URL filenames (makes Gizmo faster).
15. Changed: DLNA playback of video files on the XBox with conversion enabled now uses a higher 720x480 resolution.

15.0.159 (11/24/2010)

1. SDK: Added 'FriendlyName' to the MCWS/v1/Alive response so a client can show a friendly name for a server.
2. SDK: Added the ability for MCWS/v1/Browse/Children to skip levels with only one choice.
3. Changed: Changing the volume doesn't put the on screen display into a mode where left / right change the volume until the display goes away.
4. Changed: The position on screen display is part of the regular on screen display rotation (so pressing up / down will show it).
5. Fixed: The search editing dialog could popup as modeless in some cases, leading to a crash if a dialog behind the search was closed before closing the search.

15.0.158 (11/23/2010)

1. SDK: Added 'NextToPlay' as a possible PlayMode when using any MCWS play function.
2. Fixed: DLNA video playback with conversion was broken for a couple of builds.
3. Fixed: Television recording silently failed if the user had selected a "Folder for recording and time-shifting files" on a disk to which the user had no write access.
4. Changed: DLNA server, even more precise determination of when to transcode if "convert if necessary" is set for video conversion for the PS3 and Xbox360 especially.

15.0.157 (11/19/2010)

1. SDK: Added 'ProgramVersion' to MCWS/v1/Alive function return.
2. Fixed: If conversion was enabled for handheld transfer, converted files could be placed on the device even if they weren't in the supported file type list for the device.
3. Fixed: When doing a handheld sync as a Library Server client, the user interface could be unresponsive.
4. Changed: Doing Ctrl+F while drilled down in the library tree will switch to the root of the current library selection (Ctrl+E focuses the search box with no switching).
5: Changed: DLNA server, improved determination of when to transcode when "convert if necessary" is set for video conversion, especially applies to the Xbox 360 and PS3.

15.0.156 (11/18/2010)

1. SDK: Added browse functionality to MCWS (currently uses browse tree configured for WebPlay).
2. SDK: Reworked MCWS functions that return files so that they can be used to get MPL, start playback, or more.
3. SDK: Removed MCWS/v1/Playlist/Play since MCWS/v1/Playlist/Files can now do the same (and more).
4. Faster: Improved performance of list drawing when analyzing audio, converting files, or syncing a handheld.
5. Changed: CD/DVD burning now works on a library server client.
6. Changed: Improved JRiver URL Reader filter's buffering performance.
7. NEW: DLNA server. Added video options to convert always, never and when necessary. When necessary looks at codecs, file type and device to decide. It's currently only making device decisions based on PS3 and Xbox360 configurations.

15.0.155 (11/16/2010)

1. Changed: APL files are natively supported using Library Server (requires latest version on server and client).
2. Changed: Playback of audio with a Library Server Client uses a more sophisticated reader that can seek more nicely.
3. Changed: The volume on screen display shows a graphical bar instead of showing only text.
4. Changed: Changing the volume and using the 'Volume' on screen display look and work the same way (previously the displays differered slightly).
5. NEW: DLNA server converts multichannel sources to 2 channel when using "always convert" and a fixed sample rate conversion (enables any DLNA device to play multi channel sources).
6. Fixed: DLNA server, when using "always convert" to L16 and sample rate "same as source" provides the DLNA flags necessary to allow multichannel L16 output. This allows multichannel output on DLNA devices that can handle it (i.e. PS3).

vagskal

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Center 15.0.167 -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 11:02:49 am »

I have one music file with a guest artist named "0-1". In pane view using a list type field for artists an entry for 0-1 shows up but selecting that entry seems to show all artists that has a 1 in their name, 10cc, 16 Horsepower, 112, etc. If I search the standard (string) Artist field for 0-1 ([Artist]="0-1" or [Artist]=[0-1]) I get almost the same result.

I wanted to let you know that this issue, which I reported some time ago, is still there.

Since I re-checked the artist name and found out that it is actually O-1 (an alias for Otha Miller), not 0-1, I have another issue: Selecting the artist O-1 in a panes or categories view shows nothing. Searching for O-1 shows the correct track though. And O-1 is shown as suggestion for the search box (top right) and the artist field when typing O-.

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 07:19:26 pm »

Hmmm...getting crashy. When connecting to a library server, the connecting window pops up then it crashes.

Code: [Select]
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: Media Center 15.exe
  Application Version: 15.0.167.0
  Application Timestamp: 4d02ad2f
  Fault Module Name: WININET.dll
  Fault Module Version: 8.0.7600.16700
  Fault Module Timestamp: 4cd2484e
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 0003a65e
  OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.4
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Win7 64bit, all updates and everything installed (just did it yesterday). MC is cleared through my firewall.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Micah

flmz

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 06:48:13 am »

This version crashes for me with this error:

Problemsignatur:
  Navn på problemhændelse:   APPCRASH
  Programnavn:   Media Center 15.exe
  Programversion:   15.0.167.0
  Tidsstempel for program:   4d02ad2f
  Fejlmodulnavn:   VSFilter.dll
  Fejlmodulversion:   2.40.2677.0
  Tidsstempel for fejlmodul:   4cb0f234
  Undtagelseskode:   c0000005
  Undtagelsesforskydning:   00024d9f
  OS-version:   6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.4
  Landestandard-id:   1030
  Flere oplysninger 1:   0a9e
  Flere oplysninger 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Flere oplysninger 3:   0a9e
  Flere oplysninger 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Læs erklæringen om beskyttelse af personlige oplysninger online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0406

Hvis onlineerklæringen om beskyttelse af personlige oplysninger ikke er tilgængelig, kan du læse den erklæring om beskyttelse af personlige oplysninger, som er offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\da-DK\erofflps.txt

regards Flemming

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 08:27:00 am »

Hmmm...getting crashy. When connecting to a library server, the connecting window pops up then it crashes.

Ahh, addendum to my previous quote: it only crashes when I am connecting to a local library server. If I am at work and I put in my home IP, it connects fine. Very odd...

Micah
Pages: [1]   Go Up