INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Theatre View Skin- Oxygen  (Read 5265 times)

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
New Theatre View Skin- Oxygen
« on: December 21, 2010, 06:56:23 pm »

Introduction
Oxygen is a Theatre View skin, which I've heavily based upon the Oxygen theme for KDE, and from which most of the icons have been taken.

Something I've noticed about practically all the skins to dates, is that they're all too similar, with no icons on the main menu or anything else. This is a small step towards rectifying that :)

Please read these notes before downloading or installing this skin, it's a little different, and may require some work to customise it to your requirements :)

• Oxygen uses icons on the main menu. I've provided ones for the default Media Center theatre view configuration. To add icons to your own menu items, you need to edit the skin files.
    To do this, first open C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 15\Skins\Theatre View\Oxygen ; In there, you'll find a file named Main.xml, which controls the skin.
    To add your own icon, add a new entry to the end of the picture section, looking something like this:
Code: [Select]
<Item Bitmap="Pictures\Example.png" Location="Example" Rect="40,25,70,65" Alpha="70" Alignment="3" />
    This basically adds the image Example.png in the skin's pictures folder to the menu item Example. The spelling needs to match exactly, so check this first if things aren't appearing.

• I've designed this skin to work best with the Themes system turned off. It will still work either way, but I'd suggest trying without first.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: New Theatre View Skin- Oxygen
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 07:34:47 pm »

Thanks, Leezer.

rick.ca

Re: New Theatre View Skin- Oxygen
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 09:29:21 pm »

Thanks, Leezer.

Rect="40,25,70,65"

For those unfamiliar, Rect="X1, Y1, X2, Y2" defines a rectangle on the display by reference to it's upper left and lower right corners, where both the width and height of the display are measured on a scale of 100. The image will be stretched to fit the specified rectangle.

This is for a "standard" 4:3 display...Because the images are square, 70-40:65-25 = 30:40 = 3:4. For displays with a different aspect, these need to be changed. For 16:10, it might be "40,25,65,65," as 65-40:65-25 = 25:40 = 10:16. Or to generalize, multiply the image aspect by the inverse of the display aspect to determine the required aspect of the position rectangle. :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up