INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Change request: stop errors blocking subsequent use?  (Read 707 times)

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
Change request: stop errors blocking subsequent use?
« on: December 24, 2010, 06:26:33 am »

Whilst I can understand perfectly why errors appear as dialog boxes, some of the changes that have happened in MC recently make this more problematic.

For instance, if someone's been connecting to the server using Gizmo, and an error occurs, MC will be displaying an error in its interface about it. That error will then prevent you from connecting remotely again (I've seen this with Gizmo and UPnP, but not sure how much it actually affects) until you actually go to the PC and click OK on the error message.

I realise that error message might be important, but in most cases it's really just a transient error that you just click OK on and forget about.

If you could come up with some way to allow use to continue after the error, that will be a lot better (especially as Gizmo doesn't display any error of any kind when this happens, so it just looks like Gizmo isn't working). Perhaps change it so that the error dialog doesn't block? or that it auto dismisses after a while?

Hopefully you get what I mean anyway!
Pages: [1]   Go Up