INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trial of MC15 expired after 1 day because system date was wrong  (Read 1922 times)

SanFranShootr

• Recent member
Trial of MC15 expired after 1 day because system date was wrong
« on: December 24, 2010, 12:26:30 pm »

I downloaded MC15 yesterday. Somehow my system date/time was set at 12/26/2002. Today I can't get into MC15 - "trial expired" I reset system date, uninstalled and reinstalled MC15, but still says "trial expired"

I'm not yet ready to commit $50 to purchase of yet another media player until I get a chance to work with it - and in particular, see whether I can use iPad/iPhone with WebRemote on my WinXP system (already failed using iMonkey remote on my iPad)

how do I get the rest of my 29 or so days of Trial?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Trial of MC15 expired after 1 day because system date was wrong
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 12:32:57 pm »

We don't provide a way around the licensing for obvious reasons.  Can you try it on another PC to see if it works as expected?  It will work with XP if that's what you're concerned about.

SanFranShootr

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 03:19:57 pm »

So I clicked on the "Request Trial Extension", entered my email address, and NATURALLY,
I got the Error Message: " There was a problem requesting a trial extension, Please double-check your email address and internet connection"  Well, duh! They're are both correct and operating properly. Even the fourth time I did the Request Trial Extension.

I'm sure that MC15 will work fine in WinXP - without any problems with WebRemote, similar to the "Request Trial Extension" pop-up window. (apologies for any apparent snippiness on my part)

DarkPenguin

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 09:52:29 pm »

NATURALLY?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 07:45:20 am »

The trial extension extends your trial 15 days from the date of the original expiration.  About 2/10/2002.

I'm sorry but please try to understand that licensing is tough for a reason.  The reason is that people sometimes don't like to pay for it.  It's not your intention, I'm sure.

Is there any way to try it on another PC?

SanFranShootr

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2010, 11:37:43 am »

wow! I'd love to try the version of MC15 that was available in 2002. It could probably even run on Win3.1

DarkPenguin

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2010, 05:58:08 pm »

Probably does.  I'd recommend having your clock set correctly when you try it, however.

sunfire7

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2010, 11:32:15 pm »

I find hard to believe that you cant simply just try it on another pc, or a virtual machine! MC15 is way more than just "yet another media player", Im sure when you finally try it you will be clicking the buy button !

Sorry for my bad bad english
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

craigmcg

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2010, 07:00:20 am »

While this might not be strictly on topic, if your system time just "changed" to 2002 and you hadn't reset your BIOS, I suggest that you replace the battery on your motherboard. If the battery is dead, the board will always boot to the BIOS date when the PC has been turned off or lost power. An incorrect system date can cause issues with software, windows updates, activations, etc. Once this has been done, you should set all BIOS settings correctly, including the system date/time.

If you haven't done a clean slipstreamed install of Windows XP SP3 on your PC within the last year or so, it might be worthwhile doing so. This should result in a cleaner/faster registry and PC, with the added bonus that you will be able to install the MC15 trial and be able to use it for the full 30 days prior to purchase.

All this said, the quickest solution is to try MC15 on a different PC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up