INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where are the config files for these settings kept?  (Read 1283 times)

Lunatique

• World Citizen
Where are the config files for these settings kept?
« on: December 26, 2010, 08:12:03 am »

I'm currently running MC on more than one computer, and I often have to try and update the other MC on the other computer if I do anything new, such as create new playlists or tagging, or change the skin setting...etc. It's a real PITA because I have no idea where some of the config files for these settings are kept, and I'd have to recreate these changes manually on the other computer.

So, I thought I'd ask where I can find these config files so I can update between the computers much easier:

-Smart Lists
-Playlists
-Skin settings (not where the skins are kept, but the config file for customized skin settings after being tweaked with Skin Effects)

Also, I have a questions that the help file couldn't answer. In import folders option, there's one where you can check to "ignore special folders like 'folder.jpg'." Why would I want to ignore folders like that if they contain the thumbnail images? Shouldn't I WANT to import them so the thumbnails show up in the library?

I know eventually I'll have to work out some kind of solution where I'm running MC on a central server computer and then all other computers will simply access the main library off that server. I have to work out the logistics of it first though, and until then please tell me where the config files for those settings are kept. Thanks.

rhgh

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Where are the config files for these settings kept?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 09:00:38 am »

You can copy your Library folder to the second pc, views playlist, smartlist and all data and much more is save in the library.

Lunatique

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 09:39:34 am »

You can copy your Library folder to the second pc, views playlist, smartlist and all data and much more is save in the library.

I've done that, but my Smart Lists didn't get copied over, and neither did my skin setting. You're talking about this directory?
C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 14\Library

That's the one I copied over--in fact I copied over the entire J River folder.

rhgh

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 04:30:02 am »

you use mc 14

i use mc 15 portable installation
my smartlist are availabel
i copy only the the library folder such as "the name from the library"
my settings "Machine Settings.ini" and "User Settings.ini" are in this folder
C:\Programme\J River\Media Center 15\Application Data\J River\Media Center 15\Settings
my change from the LP skin were also availabel
Pages: [1]   Go Up