INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Id 1.0 Support  (Read 25440 times)

raldo

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver Id 1.0 Support
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2011, 02:58:56 pm »

It's playing now, although with a few startup hiccups. I'll keep you posted on how it works.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2011, 03:47:33 pm »

Jim,

I need a couple more ID's but really would prefer them to we wired.

Is this likely to happen?  If so I can wait for them, if not then I'll just have to order two of the current ones I guess.

Thanks
Richard

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2011, 05:25:45 pm »

I need a couple more ID's but really would prefer them to be wired.

Is this likely to happen?
We've ordered them so it's pretty likely.  I'm not saying when yet though, as I hope you will understand.

Thanks for thinking about ordering.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2011, 04:03:35 pm »

A small MC/ID request please.

It would be VERY handy to be able to identify the ip address of the ID box from within MC.

When the ID zone appears under playing now, could the properties or maybe even just mouse hover display the IP address please?

This will make it eassier to identify the ID then connect to it to change its name.

Some routers don't make it easy to find this information, and mine is one of those, so hence the request.

Thanks
Richard

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2011, 03:21:22 pm »

You need to make the Id easier to find. If I hadn't already known about I would have never found it. You need an Accessories page that has the Id and the remote control on it. You also need a sticky at the top of the MC 16 forum.

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2011, 08:20:07 am »

Songs played to my ID are getting scrobbled twice. One scrobble is instantly logged (like songs played to Gizmo), the other only gets logged if I listen to at least half the song.

The ID itself is working great. I have it hooked up to a stereo powering some outdoor speakers. It's very satisfying being able to control the music on my back patio through Gizmo.

aneilshirke

JRiver Id support for Wavelength Audio DAC
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2011, 10:07:12 pm »

First time poster, so pardon any mistakes.

I'm happy with JRiver playback so far; it beats iTunes any day.  I have been using a DAC from Wavelength Audio called the Brick that uses a tube to produce a warm sound from digital sources.  Pretty awesome.  It plugs into my PC with a USB and bypasses the on-board DAC.

I see the ID has a USB port.  I can't tell from the wiki what it does.

Will it output a signal that a USB-based DAC like the Brick will read, even if it is in a different room?

Thanks,
Aneil

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2011, 07:29:03 am »

Welcome to the forum.  Thanks for the kind words.

The USB port on the Id is for configuration only.

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2011, 05:28:52 am »

Have you had a chance to look at the double-scrobbling issue with the ID?

Is it a configuration problem on my part, or a bug?

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2011, 07:23:06 am »

One more try on the ID/Last.fm issue.

All the tracks that I play through my JRiver ID get scrobbled twice in Last.fm. One scrobble happens as soon as the track starts playing, the second occurs once I listen to 50% of the song.

Can anyone replicate this issue? I enjoy using the ID (it's hooked up to outdoor speakers on my patio) but removing the scrobble duplicates is a real pain.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2011, 08:24:27 am »

We will take a look at this.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2011, 10:02:23 am »

One more try on the ID/Last.fm issue.

All the tracks that I play through my JRiver ID get scrobbled twice in Last.fm. One scrobble happens as soon as the track starts playing, the second occurs once I listen to 50% of the song.

Can anyone replicate this issue? I enjoy using the ID (it's hooked up to outdoor speakers on my patio) but removing the scrobble duplicates is a real pain.

Scrobbling from the Id should only trigger when the Id (at a specific IP address) requests a different file or requests the same file after at least five minutes.

Does this only happen with  long songs (i.e. more than five minutes)?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2011, 11:27:45 am »

The problem is easily reproducible. I first thought that two MC instances would be needed to reproduce it: Library Server and an MC client that would send tracks to a DLNA renderer (when both MC instances are set to scrobble), but apparently the problem can occur when only a single MC instance plays from a local library to a DLNA renderer. When playback is started the track appears at last.fm immediately as already played and a duplicate track is listed as "Listening Now".
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2011, 02:06:34 pm »

Thanks for the details.  Coming in build 16.0.91 and later:
Fixed: When controlling a DLNA device, Last.fm Scrobbling could trigger twice if the playback server was the same as the controlling machine.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2011, 05:49:00 pm »

Whoop! Many thanks!

Thanks to you as well, Alex.

Thanks for the details.  Coming in build 16.0.91 and later:
Fixed: When controlling a DLNA device, Last.fm Scrobbling could trigger twice if the playback server was the same as the controlling machine.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2011, 09:17:38 pm »

We've ordered them so it's pretty likely.  I'm not saying when yet though, as I hope you will understand.

Thanks for thinking about ordering.

Any news on the wired IDs please Jim?

Thanks
Richard

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2011, 07:24:02 am »

No.  The manufacturer is chasing a couple of problems.  I'll check again next week and let you know.

widman

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2011, 10:06:31 am »

Can MC synchronize playback to multiple Ids across the network?

Thanks,
pete

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2011, 01:32:19 pm »

Can MC synchronize playback to multiple Ids across the network?

Thanks,
pete
I've tried this but it seems there is too much that isn't totally deterministic about DLNA communications to make it possible to get them to stay in sync.

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2011, 06:14:26 pm »

Scrobbling is working great in version .99. Thanks again!

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2011, 08:09:53 am »

Should volume leveling be working with the JRiver ID? I've tried turning it on, but the adjustment info is greyed out and it does not appear to affect volume levels.

Would turning on audio conversion help? Is is possible to only configure audio conversion so it only occurs for the ID and other DLNA sources?

Thanks for any help.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2011, 11:58:42 am »

Should volume leveling be working with the JRiver ID? I've tried turning it on, but the adjustment info is greyed out and it does not appear to affect volume levels.

Would turning on audio conversion help? Is is possible to only configure audio conversion so it only occurs for the ID and other DLNA sources?

Thanks for any help.
You need to turn on "always convert" then you can set volume leveling.

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2011, 01:23:38 pm »

You need to turn on "always convert" then you can set volume leveling.

Thanks, I figured that might be the case.

I stated messing around with the conversion cache options on my work machine.

I went to Tools > Options > Media Network > Client Options > Audio Conversion and turned on Always convert audio and selected MP3 High Bandwidth.

Next I went to Tools > Options > File Location and went to Conversion Cache. I selected MP3 high bandwidth, checked Run conversion in background, and then clicked Build Conversion cache in background now...

Is this all I need? It only converted a smattering of FLAC and Ape files I had laying around. The vast majority of my library (192-320 bit rate mp3s) were left unconverted. Will these files be volume leveled?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2011, 05:28:15 pm »

Thanks, I figured that might be the case.

I stated messing around with the conversion cache options on my work machine.

I went to Tools > Options > Media Network > Client Options > Audio Conversion and turned on Always convert audio and selected MP3 High Bandwidth.

Next I went to Tools > Options > File Location and went to Conversion Cache. I selected MP3 high bandwidth, checked Run conversion in background, and then clicked Build Conversion cache in background now...

Is this all I need? It only converted a smattering of FLAC and Ape files I had laying around. The vast majority of my library (192-320 bit rate mp3s) were left unconverted. Will these files be volume leveled?
Everything with a replay gain tag will be leveled.

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2011, 07:04:05 am »

Everything with a replay gain tag will be leveled.

Bob, I still can't get this to work.

Here are my server settings.

And here is what appears when I try to set up Volume Leveling on the JRiver ID. The image shows playback stopped but it shows the same message even when playing.

Any thoughts? Should I be able to view the volume leveling info on the ID?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2011, 09:31:07 am »

It's not there, it's under add or configure DNLA Servers, Audio Conversion (set to convert always) and Audio Advanced (volume leveling).

You were configuring volume leveling for MC as a CLIENT.

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2011, 07:49:14 pm »

Aha! I didn't realize there was a discrete setting for DLNA. Got it configured and running, thanks for your help Bob. Any suggestions on the settings in that area?

It's not there, it's under add or configure DNLA Servers, Audio Conversion (set to convert always) and Audio Advanced (volume leveling).

You were configuring volume leveling for MC as a CLIENT.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2011, 10:16:12 am »

Aha! I didn't realize there was a discrete setting for DLNA. Got it configured and running, thanks for your help Bob. Any suggestions on the settings in that area?
Glad you got it going. In general, I think the default settings are fine however if you have mixed sample rate material you might want to change that setting in advanced to 44100.

genzgd

« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2011, 08:24:10 pm »

I'm having two minor problems with the J River ID.  I'm using the Kinsky Desktop as the controller (I find the simple interface very appealing).  My two problems are the pause button doesn't pause, instead it stops the track.  And second, shuffle doesn't seem to work at all.  Now in all likelihood the problem is with the Linn/Kinsky software, but is there any chance that there is some weird DLNA glitch on the ID that could be contributing?

Thanks

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2011, 11:05:28 am »

I'm having two minor problems with the J River ID.  I'm using the Kinsky Desktop as the controller (I find the simple interface very appealing).  My two problems are the pause button doesn't pause, instead it stops the track.  And second, shuffle doesn't seem to work at all.  Now in all likelihood the problem is with the Linn/Kinsky software, but is there any chance that there is some weird DLNA glitch on the ID that could be contributing?

Thanks
Not sure what's going on with the shuffle.
If you want to use pause though, you'll have to set conversion to high bitrate MP3 instead of headerless L16.

genzgd

« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2011, 08:12:14 pm »

Not sure what's going on with the shuffle.
If you want to use pause though, you'll have to set conversion to high bitrate MP3 instead of headerless L16.

Sorry, I'm not sure what this means.  Are the files themselves incorrect? They are all high bit rate MP3s, or at least the ones I ripped recently with FreeRIP.  Or is there some way to change the settings on the ID itself?

Pausing is also broken in the "Play To" of Windows Media Player as well as Kinsky Desktop.  It does work in the J River Media player, but I was really hoping that any DLNA controller would work correctly.

Thanks

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2011, 12:39:38 pm »

Sorry, I'm not sure what this means.  Are the files themselves incorrect? They are all high bit rate MP3s, or at least the ones I ripped recently with FreeRIP.  Or is there some way to change the settings on the ID itself?

Pausing is also broken in the "Play To" of Windows Media Player as well as Kinsky Desktop.  It does work in the J River Media player, but I was really hoping that any DLNA controller would work correctly.

Thanks
If your files are all high bitrate mp3's you could just turn audio conversion off. The pause works fine with mp3's.

sssceo

• Recent member
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2011, 04:23:41 pm »

ID friendly name doesn't propogate.

I just got my first ID. Installed and working great! I plan on getting another one right away. One small problem though, I used the web interface on the ID to set a friendly name. It saves and shows up again on the ID after power cycle but in MC (16.0.128) on my two PCs, and on my Android Gizmo app (16.0.111) the new friendly name doesn't show up, the ID still shows as the default "J River ID". Isn't the friendly name supposed to propogate to the controller so if I have more that one ID on the network I can tell which is which?
Charlie

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2011, 10:35:03 am »

ID friendly name doesn't propogate.

I just got my first ID. Installed and working great! I plan on getting another one right away. One small problem though, I used the web interface on the ID to set a friendly name. It saves and shows up again on the ID after power cycle but in MC (16.0.128) on my two PCs, and on my Android Gizmo app (16.0.111) the new friendly name doesn't show up, the ID still shows as the default "J River ID". Isn't the friendly name supposed to propogate to the controller so if I have more that one ID on the network I can tell which is which?
I assume you stopped and restarted MC after the name change as well? I've done this at home and it worked for me. Are your IDs on DHCP or fixed addresses? If they are DHCP it might make it easier if you give them fixed leases on your DHCP server.

genzgd

« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2011, 08:09:32 pm »

nm

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2011, 11:45:19 pm »

I can no longer play to my ID device from MC16.

I have removed all my DLNA servers and added just JRiver ID (also tried generic DLNA) with the same result.

When I try to play an audio file (Mp3 or ape) I get "waiting" in the ststus bar then sometimes an error saying MC can't control the DLNA device and to check my settings.

If I use the UPnP developer tools I can play an mp3 file to the ID fine so I know the ID is OK.

Log attached.

Richard

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2011, 01:43:07 am »

Another issue I saw in testing my ID was the DLNA profile that was being used was NOT the JRiver ID profile...or the Generic DLNA profile, but the Playstation 3 profile.  The only thing I can think of, was the PlayStation 3 profile was the first in the GUI Config List. 
JRiver CEO Elect

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2011, 03:33:41 am »

Another issue I saw in testing my ID was the DLNA profile that was being used was NOT the JRiver ID profile...or the Generic DLNA profile, but the Playstation 3 profile.  The only thing I can think of, was the PlayStation 3 profile was the first in the GUI Config List. 

That's correct, any DLNA devices that MC controls/pushes media to use the top profile in the GUI, not ideal if you have different devices you want to push your media to (or at least in my humble opinion).

R

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2011, 05:41:07 pm »

I can no longer play to my ID device from MC16.

I have removed all my DLNA servers and added just JRiver ID (also tried generic DLNA) with the same result.

When I try to play an audio file (Mp3 or ape) I get "waiting" in the ststus bar then sometimes an error saying MC can't control the DLNA device and to check my settings.

If I use the UPnP developer tools I can play an mp3 file to the ID fine so I know the ID is OK.

Log attached.

Richard

Further to this....

I cleared Playing Now for the ID and closed MC and MC Server.  Restarted MC and waited for the ID to show up under playihg now.

When I click on the ID the status at the top already says "Waiting" and the green progress bar keeps looping around.

Hmmm....

Richard

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2011, 05:54:09 pm »

Richard,
Bob is on vacation for two weeks.  It's possible we broke it.  Did you test an older version?

Jim

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2011, 07:04:17 pm »

Richard,
Bob is on vacation for two weeks.  It's possible we broke it.  Did you test an older version?

Jim

No, but Nathan has tested his and it's working with the newer builds.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2011, 08:01:10 pm »

No, but Nathan has tested his and it's working with the newer builds.
Then it is probably settings or firewall.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2011, 10:56:53 pm »

I have got the ID working again... yay!

For some unknown reason the DLNA Server option was not enabled any more only DLNA contoller. After enabling that and rebooting the PC and the ID they are now talking.

Not sure when that disabled as it was all wokring a few weeks ago and I didn't change it, but there you go.

Now my next issue, the volume levels seem a bit too low.  I'm running my ID into a rotel RMB-1066 (http://www.rotel.com/UK/products/ProductDetails.htm?Id=6&Tab=2&Pic=1) which is 60W RMS per channel, but I'm not getting anywhere near that at 100% volume set in MC.

The DSP settings don't seem to have any effect on the ID playback so I can't force the output up using volume levelling, so any ideas?

Thanks
Richard

fleetz

• Recent member
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2011, 06:55:42 pm »

Where is there link to JRiver ID product? I can not seem to find it, are they still available?

Is there any difference to what is being offered now to the initial unit?

Thanks and regards,

Fleetz

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2011, 07:16:12 pm »

Link available at the very bottom of this page.

Seems out of stock.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/J._River_Id#Order_the_J._River_Id_.28U.S._orders.29
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

IMGrant

• Recent member
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2011, 03:04:53 am »

Will the JRiver ID be back in stock soon? I tried emailing info at jriver but got no reply.

marioed

« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2011, 06:20:26 am »

Hi,
 A new guy here. I was just wondering if there is any news on when the J River ID will be back in stock? I was hoping to be able to order a couple.
Regards,
Ed

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2011, 06:37:39 am »

No news.  Sorry.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2011, 10:39:57 am »

Any chance that's because you're "upgrading" the unit to handle 1080p streaming for me ?  ;D

I'm getting close to ready to add something like this to allow simple HD streaming to a TV in another room.
pretend this is something funny

csimon

« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2011, 04:54:25 am »

Note that the WD TV Live does exactly this already!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up