INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Artist/album view question/request  (Read 726 times)

Hoe Hater

Artist/album view question/request
« on: June 11, 2002, 04:59:39 pm »

Is there a way to make the artist/album view scheme only list artists that actually have album tags, as opposed to the default way how it shows all artists and then lists "unassigned" under the ones without album tags? I only have the id3 tags set for the album field for full albums on my computer, and I'd like to be able to browse through these artists that have full albums while ignoring the single track mp3s. I hope that makes sense. Other than this small thing I've been trying to figure out, Media Jukebox is an incredible player. I have uninstalled all the competition software I had tried and intend to register MJ very soon. Thanks guys!

Callithumpian

• Galactic Citizen
  • Subvert the Dominant Paradigm
RE:Artist/album view question/request
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2002, 05:31:59 pm »

Hey
From another post about the same issue.
I'm assumming that you have fooled around enough with "View Schemes" that this will make sense.

>>>As proof that MJ can do anything you want I submit the following suggestion.
Right on the View Scheme Artist/Album. (or any other View Scheme you like)
Click "Edit View Scheme".
Down the bottom where it says "Search Criteria" enter the following "-al=[ ] " (without the quotes)
That is essentially a command to exclude files where the album field is blank.
Done deal!
<<<

You could instead make a new "View Scheme" using "Artist/Album", call it say "Artist/Full Albums" and modify the Search Criteria as above to exclude files that have no album specified.

Hoe|PLS|Hater

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2002, 05:40:00 pm »

I actually just finished reading through that other post and was about to announce that my issue had been solved. Thanks a lot for the heads up anyhow! It didn't work for me until I took the space out from the middle of the brackets (example: "-al=[]"). Now it works perfectly and I can't wait to fork over my money for this unbeatable jukebox. Thank you!

Callithumpian

• Galactic Citizen
  • Subvert the Dominant Paradigm
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2002, 05:56:57 pm »

Sorry about that, no space intended, glad you figured it.

MJ has so many secret nooks and hidden treasures that I had to give it 4 out of 5 for "Ease of Use" in my CNET review.
You can't be as sophisticated (as opposed to complicated) as MJ and be a breeze.
I suppose it's like anything else really, easy to learn, hard to master.
And that's a good thing.

Hoe|PLS|Hater

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2002, 06:44:13 pm »

Agreed. I feel so dumb for using RealOne and MusicMatch Jukebox for so long. They were both so limited in their customization. MJ has revived my interest in mp3 organization. I'll surely be learning new tricks for it for a long time which I'm very happy about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up