INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA folders - display correct category  (Read 6395 times)

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
DLNA folders - display correct category
« on: January 15, 2011, 12:19:55 pm »

A request already a few month ago - I promised to come back to this:

Some TVs (Sony, Samsung) offer three categories for DLNA media selection: Audio, Video, Pictures; The point is when I select the Audio section MC as well displays the Video and Pictures folders. ... well let's say it's a comfort thing ...

Wild Media Server seems to have found a solution for that: http://www.wildmediaserver.com/
It displays only the content related folders.

I would like to propose this as a feature request.

thx

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DLNA folders - display correct category
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 02:47:05 pm »

We have a version not yet released that plays all media types from our DLNA Server to a Sony Blu-ray player.  It will probably also work with the Sony TV's.  You have to select a Sony profile in MC options.

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 03:00:36 pm »

?? was your post really related to my topic ??

I think I didn't make myself clear ... :
In the Sony TV you have cross - similar to the PS3 - where you select Music content, Video or Picture content.

When you select Video content the MC icon is presented. When you then select this MC icon you again see Video, Music and Pictures (the folders from MC) - although you are already in the Video subsection (selected through the TV).

thx

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 04:05:38 pm »

I'll take a look at WMS. I've been trying to figure a way to do this for a while, haven't found anything else that could do it. does WMS work that way with a PS3 also or just the BD/TV thing? The BD-S570 is a weird beast. It has the crossbar but it's obvious the underlying DLNA support is radically different than the PS3. It's got very little format playing capability compared to the PS3, especially in video. Also the way it handles tracking DLNA servers is really different. The PS3 does it dynamically and the BD player is semi-static.

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 07:19:32 am »

The only thing I found in the protocol is the SortCriteria Requested from the TV:

Photo: +dc:date
Movie: -dc:date
Music: no sort criteria

Excerpt from WireShark:
0230  3c 2f 52 65 71 75 65 73 74 65 64 43 6f 75 6e 74   </RequestedCount
0240  3e 3c 53 6f 72 74 43 72 69 74 65 72 69 61 3e 2d   ><SortCriteria>-
0250  64 63 3a 64 61 74 65 3c 2f 53 6f 72 74 43 72 69   dc:date</SortCri
0260  74 65 72 69 61 3e 3c 2f 75 3a 42 72 6f 77 73 65   teria></u:Browse

... and that Photo, Movie and Music uses a different port - but I didn't found any negotiation packets that clarify which content uses which port ...

csimon

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 09:37:22 am »

The same thing happens when using a WD TV Live as a client.  You get Audio, Video, Photos as top level items so you select one, you then get an option of Media servers so you select your JRiver MC server, but you then get a list of Audio, Video and Photos again.

Unless the client actually requests only one particular content type when it first makes contact, I can't see how the server can deliver the option you've chosen?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 09:46:48 am »

The only thing I found in the protocol is the SortCriteria Requested from the TV:

Photo: +dc:date
Movie: -dc:date
Music: no sort criteria

Excerpt from WireShark:
... and that Photo, Movie and Music uses a different port - but I didn't found any negotiation packets that clarify which content uses which port ...

The sort criteria shouldn't make a difference but the port may. I need to trace it here...

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 09:49:23 am »

The same thing happens when using a WD TV Live as a client.  You get Audio, Video, Photos as top level items so you select one, you then get an option of Media servers so you select your JRiver MC server, but you then get a list of Audio, Video and Photos again.

Unless the client actually requests only one particular content type when it first makes contact, I can't see how the server can deliver the option you've chosen?
I think that would be the idea, instead of starting at the root (0) it would start at 1, 2 or 3 (music, images, video). These container id's are fixed and are always the same (except for the xbox 360). Perhaps the port has something to do with the mechanism...

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 01:09:37 pm »

Found the solution for the sammy, it'll be in the next build of 16. The PS3 is being a little more difficult. The method is not the same as the sammy.

Also, I tied WMS with the WDTV live, no luck getting it to go directly to the containers. Someone know a server that the WD works with or was that just a "I wish it did this"?

BTW, the Sony S570 doesn't go to the correct folder with WMS or any other server I can find either...

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 02:35:24 pm »

For interest - was it the port or something else ... this root folder stuff?

thx

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 03:09:12 pm »

For the sammy, some specific functions needed to be added. That's why I'm sure it's not universal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up