INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All Media View  (Read 785 times)

vagskal

• Citizen of the Universe
All Media View
« on: January 18, 2011, 05:05:30 am »

I am beginning to collect multiple jpg files for some music albums and store all files (jpg, mp3 or flac) in a separate folder for each album. Then I use an all media pane view with the first pane set to path and I group the files by path in a details view. For each folder I get an extra entry which looks like the accumulated entries I get in a categories list view, i.e. total time for all tracks displayed etc. The name for that extra entry is for some strange reason set to the field I normally use to group pane views:
Code: [Select]
Clean(If(IsEmpty([Date]),Okänt år,FormatDate([Date, 0], Year)) - [Album] If(IsEqual([Genre],Live,7),/[Live/] ,)If(IsEqual([Genre],Compilation,7), /[Comp./] ,)If(IsEqual([Genre],Soundtrack,7), /[Soundtrack/] ,)If(IsEqual([Genre],Bootleg,7), /[Bootleg/] ,)If(IsEmpty([Album Rating]),, Left(★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ,Math(Left([Album Rating],1)+Left([Album Rating],1)))If(IsEqual(Mid([Album Rating,0],2),5,2),☺ ,))/(If(IsEqual([Blandade artister],1),Blandade artister,[Album Artist]))/)
That entry seems to act as a playlist for everything in the folder.

1. Is there a way to get rid of the extra entry? Or is there some clever use for that entry that I have missed (apart from being able to play just that entry to have the music and jpg files in the folder play)?

2. Is there a way to show in a view or smartlist only folders/albums that contain more than one jpg file?

3. Alexis' method of tagging the jpg files with artist and album to get them to automatically "play" and sort and group together with the music sounds nice. Has anyone come up with a way to automatically tag the jpg files? I am afraid my folder names are not consistent enough for this purpose and I do not want to change the folder names since that would destroy the system for playcount etc. I use in my primary software for playback (Squeezebox server with the TrackStat plugin). A workaround would be to set the jpg tag names based on the current folder structure anyway and then to clean up the mismatches use a method to sort out the jpg files where the artist and album tags do not correspond with the tags in the other (music) files in the same folder. But I cannot think of a way to do this. Any ideas?
Pages: [1]   Go Up