INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: alphabet display font customization  (Read 2635 times)

yoyoc

• World Citizen
alphabet display font customization
« on: January 18, 2011, 06:46:34 am »

I find the font size of the alphabet on standard view too small for my use with either a remote at a distance or for my completable use on my touchscreen display.

Is it possible to customize the font type ans size of the alphabet which can be shown at the top of standard view?

Is it possible to place an alphabet on theater view?

Thanks. ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: alphabet display font customization
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 07:10:35 am »

I don't think so, but try "flicking" (touch and throw) in both views.

Audionut

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 07:28:32 am »

I can only support the alphabet in theatre view! The touch and throw is not very reliable (I often end up going into an Album or Track rather than scrolling), even if it would be 100% reliable, it is just not practial at all to do this in a list that contains 2000 or more CDs just to move from A all the way down to another letter.

I am using a grouping on the first letter of the Artist so I can select the letter first on my touchscreen, but it would be easier to just jump with alphabet buttons if they would be available.

A permanent line of the letters A-Z at the buttom of the screen would help greatly, while we are at it if it also had the pause/play, stop and next/previous controls it would make theatre view with a touch screen a lot nicer for me to use. Right now I use a programmable remote and wireless keyboard to work around it, but it is less than ideal and clumsy in my opinion.

How about MC16 at least for this feature  ;)

yoyoc

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 02:53:16 pm »

How do you setup alphabet to show in theater view?

I only have been able to do it in standard view> advanced options.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 02:56:35 pm »

In Theater View options, you can customize a view.  Choose, for example, Artist.  Then Edit, then Grouping.

rick.ca

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 03:21:25 pm »

A permanent line of the letters A-Z at the bottom of the screen would help greatly, while we are at it if it also had the pause/play, stop and next/previous controls it would make theatre view with a touch screen a lot nicer for me to use.

A lot of effort has gone into designing an interface and navigation scheme that works for both remotes and touch screens. These things do not fit into the navigation scheme and are no use to remote users (in addition to player controls, most remotes can send a letter—which results in jumping to that point in the list). If these (and perhaps other features) are that important to touch screen answers, it suggests the need for a separate separate skin or optional elements for touch screen use—not messing-up what already works for remotes.

But navigating a list of 2,000 items is hopelessly inefficient no matter what kind of interface you're using. The Theatre View configuration allows the collection to be categorized any number of different ways that will allow more efficient access to whatever you're interested in. Just using Genre and Artist categories would normally tame such a list. You can also provide more creative paths to file selection, like selecting Year and Rating, and then expanding the result to a full album.

rick.ca

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 03:41:04 pm »

How do you setup alphabet to show in theater view?

Like this...

Audionut

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 05:26:48 pm »

If you just add an additional Album Artist (auto) level in the standard Artist view of Theatre View to get a sequence like this:

Album Artist (Auto)
Album Artist (Auto)
Album

then click "Details" on the first one and enable to group the artist by alphabet:

Set the tick mark next to "Grouping", adjust the "Grouping Size" to 1 for the letters to appear A,B,C.... or Grouping Size 3 to get A-C, D-F for smaller collections.

It works nicely that way!

Joerg

rick.ca

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 06:05:04 pm »

It works nicely that way!

Yes, that's an easier and more versatile way to do it.

yoyoc

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 09:28:28 pm »

The grouping as suggested on the last post works great.

Thanks to all ;D

Audionut

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 02:15:42 am »

I don't think so, but try "flicking" (touch and throw) in both views.

Contrary to my post above where I wrote the "flicking" does not work that well, it is working much better now on my touch screen. I did not try it for a long time and I think two things have happened - some improvement in how MC15 handles it as well as a setting in the touch screen driver. Flicking works now correctly for me in all theatre views, as long as I have the touch screen set to "mouse emulation" mode rather than one of the immediate "click" modes.  ;D

Togehter with the grouping I already use it works close to perfect.

Joerg
Pages: [1]   Go Up