INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo: Greatest thing ever created by Man  (Read 1358 times)

NickJ

Gizmo: Greatest thing ever created by Man
« on: January 22, 2011, 06:31:08 am »

I'm a user of MC since version 11. I actually used to be active in these forums and made a couple of plugins, but i've since lost those registration details.

I had to sign up again and just say how entirely awesome Gizmo for android is in it's latest incarnation. I thought i'd give it a spin, honestly expecting to have serious network issues and problems etc. It worked first time. It's an amazing app.  I found the interface a little tricky, but once I found how to get to playing now with the playback controls (and volume buttons for volume controls, nice touch!) I've been a very happy bunny.

Then I had a thought that often i don't have a wireless network. So I wondered if I switched on my phone's hotspot, and connected the laptop to that, would that work? Boom, worked straight away, no configuration, 2 clicks and I'm back up with my android remote control!

So thank you JRiver! You have a unique, polished application here!

[only minor issue i've seen so far: in the playing now, it seems like the far left button would bring up the playing now playlist, but it's always blank for me]

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Gizmo: Greatest thing ever created by Man
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 07:36:52 am »

Hi Nick.  Thanks very much!

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Gizmo: Greatest thing ever created by Man
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 01:16:12 pm »

I had to sign up again and just say how entirely awesome Gizmo for android is in it's latest incarnation. I thought i'd give it a spin, honestly expecting to have serious network issues and problems etc. It worked first time. It's an amazing app.  I found the interface a little tricky, but once I found how to get to playing now with the playback controls (and volume buttons for volume controls, nice touch!) I've been a very happy bunny.

+1 to Gizmo's awesomeness...

As far as the interface goes, have you tried setting up views under "options/media network/library server/webplay/customize views"? This menu allows the Gizmo interface almost as many customizable options as in standard MC views.

Pages: [1]   Go Up