INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible bug when adding cover to WAV files  (Read 3295 times)

rikkardo

• Recent member
Possible bug when adding cover to WAV files
« on: January 23, 2011, 07:10:09 am »

Hallo, I have currently installed JRiver Media Center v.15.0.171

I have a folder with a mix of mp3 and WAV files (in order to preserve the original sound quality and compatibility with audio editing software etc.)

I have noticed that when I add a cover to an mp3 file, JRiver stores the JPG inside the mp3 itself, right ?
So everything is ok so far.

However, when adding a cover to a WAV file since it is not possible to store the JPG inside the WAV, it goes inside the cover art folder.
The problem is that if I have 2 or more different songs from the same artist, JRiver assigns the cover filename without the song title,
so one new cover overwrites the previous one, and without any warning.

For example, I have 3 songs from La Bouche (dance 90) :-)  all are WAV files.
I assign a cover to "La Bouche - Be my lover", JRiver stores the cover inside the folder and names as "La bouche"
Then I assign the cover to the 2nd song "La Bouche - I love to love", this cover is stored under the same folder and same name "La Bouche", so it in fact overwrites the 1st folder.
Result, all the 2 songs have now the same cover (the last one).

Would it be simpler to take into account the song title as well, when assigning the filename, and warn about conflicts,
so a different filename can be assigned manually ?

Thank you for reading so far

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Possible bug when adding cover to WAV files
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 07:20:35 am »

Cover art is per album, so if the album name is the same, the same cover is used for all the tracks.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 08:06:36 am »

If you want to add track specific cover art images you can do it manually. Select the track and use the right-click > Cover Art > Add from file... feature. Any filename and location will work.

Another option is to open the expanded image display in Action Window and drag & drop the image file from Windows Explorer to that display window. You can find my instructions here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=46695.msg321372#msg321372 . The instructions are for MC12 and the example file is a video file, but the feature has not changed in later MC versions (just skip the "screen grab" step, which is for video). Some other info in that thread may not be up-to-date (for instance, it is now possible to add cover art to document files.)

You can also add embedded images to wave files (to ID3v2 tags), but you must first enable Wave & AIFF tagging: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WAV_%26_AIFF_Tagging
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

rikkardo

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 10:54:33 am »

Thank you all for your replies, in the meantime I came to the conclusion that I could simply edit the cover filename into the "cover art" folder and then right-click > Cover Art > Add from file

Of course Alex B I am going to try out your suggestions.

to JimH, of course but I was working on a folder of single songs, not albums

rikkardo

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 11:23:19 am »

Still on the subject of assign a cover...
if I use the Cover Art -> Get from internet - JRiver is looking up according to Artist and Album tags.

However, having a folder of singles, is that possible to look up according to Artist and Song name
or do I have to copy and paste manually ??

Thank you experts :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up