INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Webremote Issues.  (Read 2997 times)

fercruz

Webremote Issues.
« on: January 24, 2011, 12:34:47 pm »

Hi,

I'm relatively new to the forum. I've been using MC for a couple of years now, I currently have MC15.

I got an Ipad that I want to use as a remote controller for MC15.

I followed the instructions on the wiki page without success. When I use the "Test connection to this server" option in MC15, I get: "The library server is no reachable from the internet, but you can still use it within your local network".

I tried using webremote within the same network with the ipad without success. However, when doing it on a laptop it worked. With the ipad, I get: "not allowed to use restricted network port".

I'm bad with networks and technology, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

FC.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Webremote Issues.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 12:45:01 pm »

MC defaults to port 52199 for Media Network functions, but you can set it to any port you want.  That's in the Media Network options.

The iPad must be refusing to operate on that port.  You could try port 80.  Or 23.  Those may be open.  A search for information about the iPad's allowed ports might help.

You could also read the Wiki article here on "Network Access".

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 02:40:00 pm »

Not 100% sure but I believe the *i* devices won't use any port over 49151
Sean

NickF

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 01:39:07 am »

My iPhone 4 uses port 52199 without any problem.  I didn't need to change anything on the iPhone to use WebRemote.

There are, apparently, a number of restricted ports on the iPad.  I assume the implementation on the iPad is different from the iPhone.

You can change the port used by WebRemote in the MC Library Server settings.  You may need to experiment to find one outside of the ones restricted by Apple.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 04:55:22 pm »

I use the standard settings and port with my iPad and it works perfectly with both Webremote and Webplay, so I don't think the restrictions are in the iPad.

TLS

pcstockton

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 06:10:41 pm »

same here... I didnt change anything.
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

chirpp

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 10:28:18 pm »

FC, you need to first make sure your iPad is connected to your local wireless network.

Once connected, open Safari and browse to your server ip and enter the port. For example, let's say 192.168.248.20 is your server with MC running and the port you are trying is 52199. In safari type "192.168.248.20:52199".

horse

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 01:40:13 pm »

I use the iPad for Webremote without any problem, What version of iOS is it running?
As someone has already suggested, change the port on MC.
For a totally different reason mine is 1082 as I have various web services and made them sequential so i could remember :-)
You will to stay above 1024 which puts you in the ephemeral port range of most OS's, especially Windows.

When it works, check out some of the alternative WebRemote skins that are posted
Pages: [1]   Go Up