INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC exhibitions?  (Read 1639 times)

fleetz

• Recent member
MC exhibitions?
« on: January 28, 2011, 06:26:09 am »

Do MC exhibit at any exhibitions in the US?

I would love to see a fully implemented system. Reason I ask is I will be in the US for all of April and am flexible with my travel plans.

Regards,

Fleetz

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC exhibitions?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 07:23:39 am »

We haven't for a while.  It costs around $10,000 or so and doesn't add that in revenue.

That said, we did consider doing CES in Las Vegas earlier this month.

Where are you?  There are some high end audio dealers who show MC.

What are you looking for?

fleetz

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 02:55:03 pm »

Hi Jim,

I am in Australia but spending most of April in the US.

Fully understand the cost of exhibiting at theses shows, I will be attending NAB in Vegas in April. This years as visitor not as an exhibitor which has been the case previously so I know about these costs. I have felt overtime these shows are more about the revenues the event organisers get than any values the exhibitors do. That said they are great for someone like myself to see typically demo fully implemented systems and where you have 10 question being able to talk to the folks like yourself that built the product.

I am coming to the last few days of the evaluation having left it later than I should.The learning curve step that said I like what I see and will probably buy the product because I do not like iTunes.

I suppose where I am struggling at the moment is how I can stream video and audio to my remote AV gear. I purchased a Boxee Box and a 1.5TB USB media drive on the belief that I could do all my media management on my laptop then over the network using MC as the user interface from my laptop to control the playout. Not sure at this stage I have the hopped on the right server product.

There would I believe have to be hardware that MC supports that lets the power of your product come to the fore. I have a solid network here that I can rely on and use to either stream data to and from my laptop and control any playout server. 

Any suggestions on what hardware options that are available in the market place today that would offer me a server solution would be great.

Regards,

Fleetz

We haven't for a while.  It costs around $10,000 or so and doesn't add that in revenue.

That said, we did consider doing CES in Las Vegas earlier this month.

Where are you?  There are some high end audio dealers who show MC.

What are you looking for?

pcstockton

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 03:01:33 pm »

I have felt overtime these shows are more about the revenues the event organisers get than any values the exhibitors do.

Well yeah!!!  Vendors rarely continue going to them.  Unless you are the ShamWOW guy or something.
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva
Pages: [1]   Go Up