INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is gizmo available for windows? Suggestions for controlling htpc via laptop?  (Read 2016 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

we are planning on getting a new laptop and wondering if gizmo will be made available for windows 7 os?
or what the best way to control our htpc would be via the laptop?
We've contemplated going android tablet - but it will not work for our adobe cs needs, or Onenote needs so we need a windows OS.
Thanks in advance

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver

you can share your library on the HTPC under Tools > Options > Media Network. Then you just load MC on the laptop and connect to the library on the HTPC using File > Library > Add Library. Using the laptop, you can choose to play the library either on the laptop or the HTPC. I have an HTPC and laptop and it works great!

HTPC4ME

way i have it set up now. is htpc connects to main machine\server.

so i'm confussed on the new laptop how i would control the htpc?
would i still do the same steps you suggest?
thanks

mojave

• MC Beta Team

I haven't played around with zones much  since I just have the HTPC and the laptop. However, you can have the HTPC be a zone and the laptop be a zone. From either device you can choose where you will play your audio - even though the audio is stored on the server. The zones show up under Playing Now. You could use the laptop to play the same music on the HTPC and laptop, just the HTPC, just the laptop, or you could play different music to both. You could also add an Id to your system and have yet another zone. Contrary to my previous post, the library server discovery is automatic, so I think your laptop will be able to find the library on the server as soon as MC is loaded.

HTPC4ME

you can have the HTPC be a zone and the laptop be a zone. From either device you can choose where you will play your audio - even though the audio is stored on the server. The zones show up under Playing Now. You could use the laptop to play the same music on the HTPC and laptop, just the HTPC, just the laptop, or you could play different music to both. You could also add an Id to your system and have yet another zone. Contrary to my previous post, the library server discovery is automatic, so I think your laptop will be able to find the library on the server as soon as MC is loaded.
Ive contemplated that and tried to see if that would work via server and htpc, But the problem with that i think Mojave is you can't see the artwork or whats in playing now in other zones - ive basically stopped using zones, due to the fact jriver won't answer my questions ive asked them, so i just use vnc (i dont like using remote desktop)

i had a windows phone and threw android on there JUST to try Gizmo and love the gizmo's Theaterview remote - if it can be done on Gizmo you'd think it could be done on windows somehow.

mojave

• MC Beta Team

Ive contemplated that and tried to see if that would work via server and htpc, But the problem with that i think Mojave is you can't see the artwork or whats in playing now in other zones - ive basically stopped using zones, due to the fact jriver won't answer my questions ive asked them, so i just use vnc (i dont like using remote desktop)

i had a windows phone and threw android on there JUST to try Gizmo and love the gizmo's Theaterview remote - if it can be done on Gizmo you'd think it could be done on windows somehow.

The artwork and everything works fine for me. Using my laptop to play on the HTPC zone is no different than sitting right in front of the HTPC. Theater View, Standard View, etc. all show what is available on the server and what is playing on the HTPC zone. This all worked for me on Version 15.

HTPC4ME

The artwork and everything works fine for me. Using my laptop to play on the HTPC zone is no different than sitting right in front of the HTPC. Theater View, Standard View, etc. all show what is available on the server and what is playing on the HTPC zone. This all worked for me on Version 15.

Doesnt for me,  i started posts about my problem (and other problems). and not one person from jriver replied to me, or has not followed up. and i know they are back from there vacation.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=61413.msg416084#msg416084
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=60631.50
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=61666.msg414433#msg414433
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=60631.msg414285#msg414285
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=61413.msg414037#msg414037

mojave

• MC Beta Team

I sent you a PM.

HTPC4ME