INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with MC15 and saved server settings  (Read 1204 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Problems with MC15 and saved server settings
« on: February 05, 2011, 05:03:34 pm »

I am having problems connecting to my library server on a single computer. I can log into the server using my web browser but even after accessing the link on the home page, MC15 refuses to load it. I think that the stored password for my library server is corrupt and I need a way to remove these saved settings. I've tried deleting the "Saved Internet Passwords" in the general options, but that doesn't do it. Even after a full uninstall and install the same problem occurs so I know some setting is being saved that I can't get rid of. Perhaps it is in the same place that my registration info is saved after I do a complete uninstall.

I've triple checked all of my settings, and I can access the server fine on my three other computers. Something really strange is going on here...

Matt, I e-mailed you a log.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problems with MC15 and saved server settings
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 05:11:43 pm »

It's unlikely that it'ss a corrupted password.

Can you describe the setup?  And how you connect?

When you say web broswerr, do you mean just as a test?

Are other PC's able to access the server?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
Re: Problems with MC15 and saved server settings
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 05:19:50 pm »

After working on it for 5 hours, I finally make a post and I figure it out 5 minutes later.

Go figure.

I deleted my stored IE passwords: Run->inetcpl.cpl->Delete Browsing History->Select passwords

...and voila! I can access my library server.

I had no idea that JRiver used IE to store its Library Server passwords. I never touch that browser so I didn't think it had anything to do with my problem. Something definitely became corrupt during my most recent upgrade but clearing the saved passwords restores functionality.

You may want to add this to your weird problems thread. I spent the better part of the day trying to figure this out.

Jim, I sent you a PM.
Pages: [1]   Go Up