INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Blu-ray support using LAV Filters  (Read 45071 times)

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Invite to "nevcairiel" to play? (dev of LAV Splitter and Audio Decoder)
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2011, 02:12:56 am »

1) Subtitles:  These already work! ... but you need to manually connect the pin to say FFDSHOW first to get it to play.  On my PC it is connecting to "Internal Script Command Renderer" (C:\Windows\SysWOW64\quartz.dll with CLSID {48025243-2D39-11CE-875D-00608CB78066}) and while a graph is built it never "plays"
Currently from the outside, it should not treat a BluRay any differently then a typical m2ts file. Connecting the ISCR sounds to me like it had the "No Subtitles" pin active, which is a media type compatible to the ISCR (plain MEDIASUBTYPE_Text). If you can, you should blacklist it from connecting, as its really not a useful filter. ;)

2) Chapters:  No chapter support you (don't know if you plan to read these in from the .mpls)
Will be added at some point, of course.

3) Filters Preferences:  Oddly, the LAV Splitter seems to like connecting the output to the "Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder" and "ffdshow Audio Decoder" in MC though I had no issue in GraphStudio using any of the other filter combinations (FFDSHOW Video, madVR etc etc).
Like mentioned above, there is no special handling for anything when BD is active, it should connect to the same filters as it would for the standalone m2ts file. Note that H264 in MPEG2 TS uses the MEDIASUBTYPE_H264 while in MKV/MP4 it uses MEDIASUBTYPE_AVC1, so priorities might be different there.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2011, 05:11:24 am »

Thanks Hendrik, I've not been able to play on my HTPC yet (family is watching content!) and I'm now away for a couple of days.  I'm OK with the filter mgt but just thought it odd that ISCR connected as I've never seen it raise its head before.   I'm sure that the JR folk will put in "real" filter mgt for the bdmv file type that is "better" than the fileassociation.xml addition that I did anyway.

Anyway - great first cut!
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2011, 07:29:55 pm »

FYI - I tested it on the HTPC and as expected it works fine.  To get the .bdmv files to "play" I just added the bdmv file type into the "FileAssociations.xml" file in MC's install directory as follows:
Code: [Select]
AVCHD Video (m2ts,mts,[b]bdmv[/b])
<DXTypes>snd;mid;rmi;midi;mpeg;mpg;m1v;m2v;mp2;mpa;mpe;m2t;tp;ts;m2ts;mts;asx;wax;wvx;asf;wm;wmv;avi;divx;mkv;ogv;ogm;dvr-ms;tivo;nsv;flv;f4v;jts;jtv;evo;xvid;mp4;vob;[b]bdmv[/b];wtv</DXTypes>
As with my earlier report, I'm seeing different filters load when playing the "bdmv" over the "m2ts" but that is probably my manual addition of bdmv is not complete, correct, or in all the right places for MC's direct show filter settings to work as expected.

The results are great however with a directshow filter graph that lets you select your favorite filters for BD playback just like any file.  FYI I know even get full high def sound (including DTS-MA with the hacked LAV Audio filter allowing the Arcsoft HD Audio filter to load for this).

Looking forward to seeing how this will be "properly" setup in MC.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2011, 03:16:34 am »

Just thinking outloud (I'm sure this is obvious) but from MC's POV, leveraging LAVSplitter Blu-ray support will need to be more than just supporting .bdmv as a file type (as my ordinary effort so far has done) but it may also need:
1) Blu-ray AutoPlay in Windows so that a Disc (or mounted ISO) will autoplay in MC
2) TheaterView friendly support to view and select Title / Stream / Subs etc....as apposed to the right click StdView Menu way....
3) Ability to import and tag both a Blu-ray ISO and a Blu-ray Structure into the Library (ala DVD)
4) Other things....

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2011, 04:19:28 pm »

I see if the Doom9 LAV thread that nevcairiel is getting close to a public release of his splitter with Blu-ray navigation integrated in it.  For the JR'ers any hints on the timeline/plans for when we can take advantage of this?  I'm thinking that shortly I should lock the old "Everything about Blu-ray / HD-DVD playback in MC" http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=55171.0 and start a new one as everthing is about to get much more straight forward.

Thanks
Nathan

FYI: We watched a blu-ray disc (POTC) over two nights with the first half using LAVSplitter (DirectShow Filters in MC), the second half in Arcsoft TMT V5. 
1) DirectShow:  LAV Splitter, FFDSHOW Video Decoder, LAV Audio (LPCM Track), madVR, Reclock = Rock solid Audio/Video sync, No stuttering, Great looking Video. 
2) TMT: Had to turn on HA as some bug prevents TMT getting past the Java Menu otherwise.  Picture not as good and I got some stuttering

POTC is not a demanding disc with PCM Audio, no seemless branching or forced subs.  From a "quality" POV, the Direct Show playback looked better to me than what Arcsoft could do.  The downside is that TMT is Blu-ray Disc friendly for checking and changing steams (eg Audio, Subs).

JRiver CEO Elect

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2011, 04:35:54 pm »

I see if the Doom9 LAV thread that nevcairiel is getting close to a public release of his splitter with Blu-ray navigation integrated in it.

"Getting close" is a bit of an exaggeration. I can't reliably say when it'll be, there are some features i really want done for the first version, and i can't begin to speculate how long it'll take to get them working. But it basically has my full attention, once i'm done with some other minor things for 0.19.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2011, 03:50:03 am »

JR'ers - any progess with the Blu-ray Splitter that nevcairel provided?
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2011, 04:46:26 pm »

The first public version of the LAV Splitter supporting Blu-ray is now out, and lets you start playback from either the index.bdmv file (which will currently default to the longest MPLS (Playlist)) OR you can launch playback from the MPLS of your choice.  While I am away with work and can not test, I'm pretty excited about the direct MPLS support as you could in MC, import multiple MPLS from the same stored disc structure, eg the one for the Std Theatrical Release, One for the EE, One for Alternative ending etc depending on your preference.  ***EDIT: I guess you could also import one for each epesode etc for a disc with multipleTV Shows etc ***

Could of simple changes to work with MC would be to add MPLS and BDMV as a new "Blu-ray" filetype.  I've also seen some posts in the Doom9 thread that there may need to be player support to allow selection of Playlists as a menu option.

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2011, 05:27:14 pm »

I just tried this with a Blu-ray. I put the Blu-ray in the drive and imported the index.bdmv file (after AnyDVD HD scanned the disk  ;)). I tagged the index.bdmv file with a File Type of mkv. This causes MC to use the LAV splitter that is setup on my system for mkv's. I then hit play and the movie opened and started playing! The only problem is that MC has crashed a few of the times I've tried to skip ahead.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2011, 07:37:53 am »

While I am away with work and can not test, I'm pretty excited about the direct MPLS support as you could in MC, import multiple MPLS from the same stored disc structure, eg the one for the Std Theatrical Release, One for the EE, One for Alternative ending etc depending on your preference.  ***EDIT: I guess you could also import one for each episode etc for a disc with multipleTV Shows etc ***

This works :) - imported the 00000.mpls (Theatrical Version) and 00006.mpls (Alternative Ending) from the "I am Legend", tagged them up etc (changed media type from Data to Video) and now I have one disc structures but 2 versions.

Note: I had to manually add mpls as a file type like I did with bdmv so MC is really not setup for prime time for this. 
JR'ers: any idea what and when you plan to add support for this?

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2011, 05:46:33 pm »

Thanks!

We'll be sure to play around with this and let you know how we fare.

We have a little work to do first to get Blu-ray setup for DirectShow playback (which there was no point offering before your filter).

Cheers.

Any feedback on where we are adding support as I'm not sure if some of the oddities I'm seeing is due to the hacked nature of what I've done to support LAVFilter BD Playback.......
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2011, 05:36:25 am »

Not wanting to sound impatient (but I am)....whats the go?  Nevcairiel has been pounding out the code and it looks good but it is hard to test with MC at present.  The last post from Matt was a month ago and it has been deathly quiet on the MC front since then....  :-[
JRiver CEO Elect

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2011, 02:25:33 pm »

I was just playing with Blu-ray today. I installed the ArcSoft audio decoder so I can decode DTS-HD. I would also like bdmv (and mpls) added as a file type so I don't have to manually switch it to m2ts in the tags. We also need the option to AutoPlay Blu-ray. Otherwise I now can play a Blu-ray with TrueHD or DTS-HD and have full GPU decoding using the lav CUVID CUDA video decoder. This is finally easy to setup thanks to nevcairiel and his splitter/decoders.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2011, 03:52:25 pm »

It may be that MC needs a page like with DVD to specify various things pending how they want to handle playlists etc etc and there are questions on how MC is going to handle the media and Library Mgt.  I see we need the following options:

1) Insert / Mount Blu-ray = Autoplay in MC using LAVSplitter grabbing the largest MPLS automatically.  This will work on the majority of the discs but may cause issues with:
  - Discs with alternative endings:  The alternative ending may be longer so you would automatically get that.  How does a user select the other ending in MC (in Theaterview)
  - Discs with Multiple Titles:  TV Series discs may have 3 or more Eps per disc.  I "presume" that all discs will have one long playlist with all Eps so should be OK.

2) Tagging:  In MC, we may want to tag playback by playlist (MPLS) to solve the the issues above.  Can we tag an Physical Disc or ISO to playback a specific MPLS over the BDMV and have it stored in the DB for next time the disc is inserted or mounted?

I guess that until we hear what Matt et al plans in discussion with nevcairiel....
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2011, 04:16:33 pm »

OK - Here is an example of where you want to be able to select multiple Playists (and even tag them in this case).  I Am Legend Alternative Ending is LONGER than the Theatrical Release, so just autoplaying the INDEX.BDMV may not be ideal.  In this case I've ripped it to a structure on the HDD and the imported and tagged both the 00000.mpls (Theatrical Release) and the 00006.mpls (Alternative Ending) playlists.  To find our which mpls playlists I needed I just googled "I Am Legend, Alternative Ending, MPLS"

I see where we may want to tag up Physical Discs/ISO to allow the same sort of playback for the next time they are played or mounted.

JRiver CEO Elect

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2011, 05:14:31 pm »

Note: I had to manually add mpls as a file type like I did with bdmv so MC is really not setup for prime time for this.
Where do you do this?

Edit:  By the way, I added an easy way to install the ArcSoft Audio Decoder HD for DTS-HD decoding in your Direct Show Filters thread.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2011, 08:43:51 pm »

FileAssociations.xml is in "C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 16\Data\Default Resources"

I just added the following bits in bold to these two lines (note: it gets overwritten by some upgrades so you may have to do it again).

<Video>MPEG Video (mp2,mpeg,mpg,m1v,mpv,mpe,m2v);MPEG Transport Video (m2t,tp,ts);AVCHD Video (m2ts,mts,bdmv,mpls);Windows Media Video (wmv,wvx,dvr-ms,x-ms-wmv,wtv);QuickTime (mov,qt);MP4 Video (mp4);M4V Video (m4v);AVI Video (avi);RealVideo (rv,rmvb);ShockWave (swf);DIVX Video (divx,x-divx);DVD Video (ifo,vob);Matroska Video (mkv);Ogg Video (ogv,ogm);Tivo (tivo);Flash Video (flv,f4v);3GP (3gp,3g2,3gpp,3gp2);JRiver TV (jtv);Enhanced VOB (evo);XVID Video (xvid)</Video>

<DXTypes>snd;mid;rmi;midi;mpeg;mpg;m1v;m2v;mp2;mpa;mpe;m2t;tp;ts;m2ts;mts;asx;wax;wvx;asf;wm;wmv;avi;divx;mkv;ogv;ogm;dvr-ms;tivo;nsv;flv;f4v;jts;jtv;evo;xvid;mp4;vob;bdmv;mpls;wtv</DXTypes>
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2011, 08:58:02 pm »

Edit:  By the way, I added an easy way to install the ArcSoft Audio Decoder HD for DTS-HD decoding in your Direct Show Filters thread.

Thanks - Nice mix of the old ASAudioHD / ASAudioHD+ Wrapper with the newer V185 Decoder!  I take it you get the settings saved from the wrapper and full bitdebth from the V185 decoder (I'd given up on the wrapper as it was always with the old DTS Decoder and it would not do full bitdebth)  I've been using the adding settings to Win.Ini method but if your pack works then that is much much better!
JRiver CEO Elect

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2011, 10:22:28 pm »

I take it you get the settings saved from the wrapper and full bitdebth from the V185 decoder (I'd given up on the wrapper as it was always with the old DTS Decoder and it would not do full bitdebth).
Yes, it seems to work. I started on this today and realized that it was a lot more complicated than it needed to be. I read this post and this post at AVS and this post at doom9. Rather than make someone go through all the steps, I just put all the audio codec files into one zip file.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2011, 06:17:19 am »

FileAssociations.xml is in "C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 16\Data\Default Resources"

I just added the following bits in bold to these two lines (note: it gets overwritten by some upgrades so you may have to do it again).
It won't if you put it in Custom Reaources.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2011, 06:32:00 am »

It won't if you put it in Custom Reaources.

Thanks for the tip! [nag] ....any insight on where "real" support for this is planned however in MC? [/nag]

EDIT - do you mean we need to create a new folder called "C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 16\Data\Custom Resources" and put the xml file in there?
JRiver CEO Elect

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2011, 11:06:13 am »

I want to try the LAV splitter but even though it is registering properly I can't seem to use it.  I downloaded and unzipped the x64 version, installed the VC++ runtime, and when I run install_splitter.bat it gives me a message that it was registered properly.  However, when I try to play an MKV in MC I just get an error.  Also, when I try to manually select the filters in MC I don't see any "LAV..." entries to select.  What am I missing?  Thanks.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2011, 11:50:17 am »

You are missing the part that says, "Binaries built by me currently require the VC++2010 Runtime (download 32-bit & 64-bit)." I was installing on a new computer yesterday and forgot this, too.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2011, 12:41:18 pm »

Thanks but I did install the 64-bit VC++ runtime.  It won't register successfully until you have.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2011, 01:03:57 pm »

MC is only a 32 bit program. You can only use the 32 bit filters and probably 32 bit VC++.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2011, 01:45:13 pm »

This is true. DirectShow filters need to match your player, if your OS is 32-bit or 64-bit does not matter (well, 64-bit filter on 32-bit OS is doomed to fail, of course :D), its just important that player and filter are the same, and as MC is only 32-bit .. there you go!
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2011, 03:35:18 pm »

Thanks.  That was it.  I suspected that I needed the 32-bit versions of the filters but that means I need the 32-bit VC++ runtime for my 64-bit system which didn't seem right...

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2011, 09:10:03 am »

Any tips on getting bitstreaming working in MC?  I have a core i3 that supports DTS-HD bitstreaming.  I have selected the HDMI output and "Digital connection to surround receiver" in the Video settings but I only get stereo sound to my AVR (not even the DTS core).  I have checked the LAV Audio configuration settings and didn't see anything there.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2011, 05:10:34 pm »

The LAVAudio decoder, decodes the bitstreams to PCM and passes it to the Audio Renderer with the native # of changes.  Eg at present (though nevcairiel has indicated he will add more features later), it is a straight decoder so if you need and of the following it has to be done by either a different or another filters:
- Bitstreaming
- Resampling
- Channel Mapping etc.

So if you need bitstreaming then you will need to for now use another decoder like FFDSHOW.

However.....I'd suggest that you actually, don't want to bitstream but rather decode (eg LAVAudio) then use "Playback Device = Same as device used in Audio Playback" + Check "Video Clock".  This will then use the JR Audio Renderer / DSP Studio for all the stuff for Output Formats etc etc.  The only downside to this approach is that your BitStreaming LED will not light up on your Reciever as it will already have been decoded in the PC and send as MPCM over HDMI for DAC and amplification.
JRiver CEO Elect

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2011, 05:39:37 pm »

Thanks for the explanation.  One more question regarding VC-1 playback.  In the "filters" thread it sounds like most of you are using the "WMVideo Decoder DMO" for VC-1 playback but when I use this the playback stutters occasionally and sometime seems to be playing in fast forward (I don't seem to have the same problem with H264).  I see that ffdshow can handle VC-1 playback.  Is there some disadvantage to using ffdshow for this or are there settings for the MS decoder that I need to change?  Thanks again.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2011, 05:50:11 pm »

At present, FFDSHOW's VC-1 implementation does not support interlaced material (apparantly this is being worked on as a part of GSOC) and you will only get a black screen.  So if you don't have any VC-1 i then leave the setting on libavcodec and all is good.  If you do have some VC-1 (eg I have a couple of VC-1 Music Videos that are 60 or 50i) then change the setting to wmv9 (same as the MS DMO code).  Each have their issues and as interlaced VC-1 material is not popular you may be able to use libavcodec :)
JRiver CEO Elect

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2011, 10:17:28 am »

My wife and kids have been at the in-laws the past couple of days so I have watched 3 Blu-rays using AnyDVD HD, LAV Splitter, Arcsoft Audio HD Decoder, and adding entries for bdmv and mpls into the FileAssociations.xml file (I copied it into a Custom Resources folder). This has worked perfectly. I just insert the Blu-ray, wait for AnyDVD HD to scan the disk, and go to DVD in Theater View. The movie starts to play!

For one of the Blu-rays I had download the cover art and data from Wikipedia. Subsequent Blu-rays that are inserted into the disk now use this info and display the cover art. It would be nice if the movie could have automatic lookup and display the correct cover art when loading.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2011, 02:07:36 pm »

Nevcairiel, I thought I'd post this here since I don't have an account at doom9.

I am using LAV Splitter .23 and MC 16.0.74. With LAV CUVID .3 everything works fine for Blu-ray or MKV. However, if I uninstall LAV CUVID .3 and install .4, then I get no video in MC. Normally only LAV CUVID shows up as the directshow video filter. However, with .4 I get Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder, ffdshow video decoder, MONOGRAM x264 encoder, and LAV CUVID Decoder in the filter graph. I've tried rebooting and unstalling the .3 first.

Why would LAV CUVID .4 allow other filters to be added to the chain? Is this an MC or LAV issue?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2011, 03:52:38 pm »

Graph Building is the players thing, has nothing to do with the filters.

There really aren't that many changes between .3 and .4, that doesn't make any sense.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2011, 04:22:32 pm »

I agree that it doesn't make sense. However, the only change is the filter. I tried with different versions of MC (16.0.64 and 16.0.74) and even installed both the .4 version at the beginning of the LAV CUVID thread and the one posted on the day of the release toward the end of the thread. I thought maybe one had a corruption. I even tried copying the .4 LAVCUVID.ax file into the LAVCUVID-0.3 folder and registering it and I have the same problem. Here are the filter graphs:

LAV CUVID .4
Filter Graph Info:

Filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
        CLSID: {A4002F8E-510F-442C-8AD3-F9C7B23FB394}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'pcm' of filter 'madFlac Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'madVR'
        CLSID: {E1A8B82A-32CE-4B0D-BE0D-AA68C772E423}
        Host: c:\blu-ray\madvr\madvr.ax
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'XForm Out' of filter 'LAV CUVID Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_NV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2

Filter 'madFlac Decoder'
        CLSID: {6B257121-CBB6-46B3-ABFA-B14DFA98C4A6}
        Host: c:\blu-ray\madflac\madflac.ax
        Input Pin 'flac'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Audio'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {1541C5C0-CDDF-477D-BC0A-86F8AE7F8354}, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'pcm'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'LAV CUVID Decoder'
        CLSID: {62D767FE-4F1B-478B-B350-8ACE9E4DB00E}
        Host: c:\blu-ray\lavcuvid-0.4\lavcuvid.ax
        Input Pin 'XForm In'
            Connected to pin 'Out' of filter 'MONOGRAM x264 Encoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_H264, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'XForm Out'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'madVR'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_NV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2

Filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Audio'
        CLSID: {A4207487-E7D8-406B-9882-B66370DE2492}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Audio' of filter 'LAV Splitter Source'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {1541C5C0-CDDF-477D-BC0A-86F8AE7F8354}, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'flac' of filter 'madFlac Decoder'

Filter 'MONOGRAM x264 Encoder'
        CLSID: {1FB0F046-623C-40A7-B439-41E4BFCB8BAB}
        Host: c:\program files\j river\media center 16\plugins\mmx264\mmx264.ax
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Out' of filter 'ffdshow Video Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Output Pin 'Out'
            Connected to pin 'XForm In' of filter 'LAV CUVID Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_H264, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO

Filter 'ffdshow Video Decoder'
        CLSID: {04FE9017-F873-410E-871E-AB91661A4EF7}
        Host: c:\program files\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Video Output 1' of filter 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder'
        Output Pin 'Out'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'MONOGRAM x264 Encoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'In Text'

Filter 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder'
        CLSID: {212690FB-83E5-4526-8FD7-74478B7939CD}
        Host: c:\windows\system32\msmpeg2vdec.dll
        Input Pin 'Video Input'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Video'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {31435641-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Input Pin 'Subpicture Input'
        Output Pin 'Video Output 1'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'ffdshow Video Decoder'
        Output Pin '~Line21 Output'

Filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Video'
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Video' of filter 'LAV Splitter Source'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {31435641-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'Video Input' of filter 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder'

Filter 'LAV Splitter Source'
        CLSID: {B98D13E7-55DB-4385-A33D-09FD1BA26338}
        Host: c:\blu-ray\lavfilters-0.23\lavsplitter.ax
        Output Pin 'Video'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Video'
        Output Pin 'Audio'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Audio'
        Output Pin 'Subtitle'x

LAV CUVID .3
Filter Graph Info:

Filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
        CLSID: {A4002F8E-510F-442C-8AD3-F9C7B23FB394}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'pcm' of filter 'madFlac Decoder'

Filter 'madVR'
        CLSID: {E1A8B82A-32CE-4B0D-BE0D-AA68C772E423}
        Host: c:\blu-ray\madvr\madvr.ax
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'XForm Out' of filter 'LAV CUVID Decoder'

Filter 'madFlac Decoder'
        CLSID: {6B257121-CBB6-46B3-ABFA-B14DFA98C4A6}
        Host: c:\blu-ray\madflac\madflac.ax
        Input Pin 'flac'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Audio'
        Output Pin 'pcm'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'

Filter 'LAV CUVID Decoder'
        CLSID: {62D767FE-4F1B-478B-B350-8ACE9E4DB00E}
        Host: c:\blu-ray\lavcuvid-0.3\lavcuvid.ax
        Input Pin 'XForm In'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Video'
        Output Pin 'XForm Out'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'madVR'

Filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Audio'
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Audio' of filter 'LAV Splitter Source'
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'flac' of filter 'madFlac Decoder'

Filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Video'
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Video' of filter 'LAV Splitter Source'
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'XForm In' of filter 'LAV CUVID Decoder'

Filter 'LAV Splitter Source'
        CLSID: {B98D13E7-55DB-4385-A33D-09FD1BA26338}
        Host: c:\blu-ray\lavfilters-0.23\lavsplitter.ax
        Output Pin 'Video'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Video'
        Output Pin 'Audio'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Audio'
        Output Pin 'Subtitle'

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2011, 02:00:59 pm »

I'm trying to get playback directly from a disc working.

But the LAV Splitter Source filter returns 0x80004005 when I give it an index.bdmv.

I don't have AnyDVD installed, but thought I wouldn't need it with LAV.

Thanks for any help.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

madshi

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2011, 02:13:43 pm »

The LAV Splitter does not decrypt. ffmpeg/libav does not contain Blu-Ray decryption. Some files on the Blu-Ray disc may not be encrypted, so playing back e.g. trailers *may* work without AnyDVD HD, but playing the main movie file will definitely not work.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2011, 02:23:39 pm »

libbluray does support using libaacs to get rid of AACS encryption, however it requires you to provide key files, and it only supports fairly old AACS encryption types ..

Additionally, i'm not too keen on finding out if anyone is actively working against those kinds of decryption libraries. The AnyDVD HD makers are probably not based on some Caribbean island for no reason, i figure.
Therefor, i have no reason to supply decryption in any form in LAV Splitter - you want to use it, well get your hands on the decrypted contents of a Blu-ray.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2011, 02:40:48 pm »

Thanks for the response.  It's working great once AnyDVD HD is installed.

It's pretty sad, in my opinion, that I have to resort to methods like that to watch a disc that's in my drive.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Blu-ray support using LAV Filters
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2011, 05:52:44 pm »

Yup - if you are good boy and purchase you material they lock you down, if you pirate.....Anyway, this situation is really no different to where we were when DVDs were introduced.  You had to initially BUY a decoder/player to play these on your PC, followed by the Jon DeCSS era (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Lech_Johansen) that gave us unencrypted access to the content that freed us up then finally, MS gave away it's DVD Navigator for free.  So far we can buy a decoder/player (TMT, PDVD, Nero) and now have the likes of AnyDVD HD to give us unencrypted access and that is where we are at today.  Who knows if MS or others will ever give us a "free" Blu-Navigator over time.  But for now we have the ability to get to our content, filters that can decode all the content and thanks to nev a source filter that will allow us to play back a playlist (the only real thing missing will be menu support and who knows when that is likely to appear in the wild).
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Blu-ray support using LAV Filters
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2011, 05:59:24 pm »

I've been giving some thought to the bits we need in MC to support Blu-ray playback as best we can.  These are just my comments and it would be good to know what others think!

1) Adding BDMV and MPLS as a file type - Done in 16.0.75 and works well, no need to manually edit the associates.xml file
2) Adding a Blu-ray config option like with DVD - Done in 16.0.75 and works well to config the splitters you want
3) Adding a TheaterView "Menu" option (eg the MS "Menu" button that lets you select via your RC the various streams (audio, subs and in conjunction with Nev titles)
4) Registering MC as an Autoplayback option in Windows for Blu-ray
5) Like with DVD's the ability to tag and manage a blu-ray structure / ISO on the HDD with Coverart art etc
6) Change the TheaterView "DVD" button to "DVD / Blu-ray"
7) Auto Display change - I posted some thoughts on this here - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=62996.msg425905#msg425905

Thanks,
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2011, 06:19:03 pm »

For those interested, here is how it all looks in V16.0.75

Physical Disc (or Mounted ISO)
(1) The Disc Title is displayed
(2) MC creates a Thumbnail
(3) Tools --> Options --> Video now has a Blu-ray config and supports file type of bdmv (in the root of all discs) and mpls (can be multiple Playlist Files in the "Playlist" subdirectory)
* These are the playback setting I use and they work well for me
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2011, 06:29:48 pm »

Here is what STD View looks like when you rip a Blu-ray movie stucture to the HDD and then import and tag (using Movie Lookup) the various files and a couple of minor issues
1) bdmv:  No Compression info is read or stored.  When you do an Update Library from Tags, the bdmv "Name" field is re-writen back to Blu-ray Movie (eg it lost "Transformers")
2) mpls:  Got the video codec correctly but for some reason not the audio

JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2011, 06:57:49 pm »

Tagging and Playing ISOs

DVD: You can tag the ISO with the Movie Lookup details and when you "play it" it will mount (eg with VCD) then autoplay will have MC play the "newly inserted disc".  You also have the ability if you want to tag the "disc" from the Drives and Devices Menu (eg see attached DVD1)

Blu-ray: Like with DVD ISO you can tag them with Movie Lookup details just fine.  Similarly with DVDs when you "play it" it will mount (eg with VCD) but as it does not autoplay nothing happens at this stage.  Also once mounted, MC can "see" the disc but there is no way to tag it like with DVDs from the Drives and Devices menu (see Blu3).

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2011, 08:02:48 pm »

FYI - I used a handy little app called "Default Programs Editor" ( http://defaultprogramseditor.com/ ) to add MC as the default player to windows AutoPlay for Blu-ray and after playing around needed to set under the "Edit the autoplay handler" values of:
- Action name = Play Blu-ray Video
- Program path = "C:\Windows\System32\MC16.exe" "%L\BDMV\index.bdmv" (note: with the ")
- Program name = Media Center

Once added as the default I needed to reboot initially (you can change the string value after the initial reboot but you seem to need it for MC to be recognised by AutoPlay).

:)
JRiver CEO Elect

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2011, 02:48:24 am »

Glad to see you're officially adding the file types, that'll make it alot easier for people to use it in MC16.
I'll toy with title selection in the player through LAV Splitter this week, otherwise its a little bit tedious to actually detect which playlists are useful movie contents .. a typical Blu-ray has so many playlists..

Anyhow, happy to see player support. :)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2011, 03:11:17 am »

One idea would be to list the playlists in desending order of length.  That should work keeping the enteries at the top for single ending movies, alternative endings, those with playslists for TV Eps that have one for all + one for each eps and all the "crap" would be at the bottom of the list or not shown at all.
JRiver CEO Elect

MrHaugen

« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2011, 03:15:11 am »

Nice work! How is the playback of Bluray now? It's stable or not? I heard some people mentioning some issues earlier.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2011, 03:24:17 am »

One idea would be to list the playlists in desending order of length.  That should work keeping the enteries at the top for single ending movies, alternative endings, those with playslists for TV Eps that have one for all + one for each eps and all the "crap" would be at the bottom of the list or not shown at all.

My current plan looks somewhat like this:

First Step: Filter the titles on the disc, using those two criteria (one has to match, not both)
 - Duration > X (configurable, something like 20-30 minutes default)
 - Has Chapters (I figure, all those bogus titles don't typically have chapters)
Additionally, titles with duplicate clips or repeating clips will be filtered out (this means menus, etc)

Then the titles would be sorted.
I'm still undecided on how to sort - by duration is the most straight forward, but maybe by index on the disc is more useful, because the "normal" movie is typically a lower index then the "maximum movie mode" version with in-movie commentary (which is longer)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2011, 03:54:10 am »

(3) Tools --> Options --> Video now has a Blu-ray config and supports file type of bdmv (in the root of all discs) and mpls (can be multiple Playlist Files in the "Playlist" subdirectory)
* These are the playback setting I use and they work well for me

Hi Nathan, I don't seen the TMT audio decoder listed in your screen shot. Don't we still need this for DTS-HD audio decoding?
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up