INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Total Noob needs all the help he can get  (Read 1309 times)

lartomar2002

• Recent member
Total Noob needs all the help he can get
« on: February 18, 2011, 06:50:01 pm »

first, this is my first day into my trial version. i do believe that i got all of my library's but every time i start MC 15 it does a file search, i do not know if that is normal or not? shortly after starting MC up all functions, file, edit, view, player, tools, and help stop working. i can see a very quick but undiscerning window open and then quickly close. it does not do this all the time but almost every time. it also causes other pages to stop, for example can not search Google or use task manager.
second, all i want to do is stream all media, audio, pics, and video to my wdtv live and my ps3 slim. when i go to either the pas3 or wdtv live they both see MC and but there are two media servers, generic and ps3 . i obviously have some extra settings set that i do not need. like i said earlier i only want one media server and that being MC. i am a little lost with the network management. so could someone please help me so that all i have is MC streaming my media files to the wdtv live and ps3?  
my system setup is below in my signature.  :-[

update: shortly after writing this topic i was able to do google searches and use the task manager. could this be related to jrmc doing the file search? if so does it have to do this every time i start it up?
Cpu: intel core i3 2.93Ghz DDR3 SDRAM 6 Gb Ram
Router: Netgear WNR 2000
Network: Wired/Wireless   100mbps
Dlna Devices: PS 3 160gb version 3.56,  WD TV LIVE HD
TV: Vizio SV472XVT 47” HD
Bose V25 HTS
ISP: att.net

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Total Noob needs all the help he can get
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 07:10:45 pm »

Are you using the RC beta of IE9?    If so, please read other threads here.

MC will attempt to import your files.  If that's what it's doing, let it go.

lartomar2002

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 07:19:43 pm »

thanks for the quick reply . no i am using ie8 and i believe as i said in my update ( i must have been modifying the topic with the update while you were responding) that i thought it might be related to the importing of files. so, does it do this every time? it does not store them in some area? also i need help with setting up my network. some of the stuff i have read has left me ? and being a noob and not familiar with setting up such a powerful media server, this can cause me to mess up. thanks.
Cpu: intel core i3 2.93Ghz DDR3 SDRAM 6 Gb Ram
Router: Netgear WNR 2000
Network: Wired/Wireless   100mbps
Dlna Devices: PS 3 160gb version 3.56,  WD TV LIVE HD
TV: Vizio SV472XVT 47” HD
Bose V25 HTS
ISP: att.net

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 07:25:46 am »

It only imports once, but it could take some time to complete.

What is your complete version?  15.0.174 is on our download page.

For your network problem, please start a new topic with an appropriate subject that describes the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up