INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 16.0.39 Beta -- Available Here  (Read 9590 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 16.0.39 Beta -- Available Here
« on: February 24, 2011, 09:21:15 am »

This is the latest beta version of MC 16.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter160039.exe

Big Change -- This build uses the new Chromium browser engine.  It is the same engine that Google Chrome uses.  This solves the problem of new IE9 RC installs causing MC to crash.  It is working now but still has a few rough edges.  Logins are not preserved for Netflix and other services.  Stopping Netflix playback causes MC to crash on some PC's.  Otherwise working.  This change will not affect any browsers you have installed.

16.0.39 (2/23/2011)

1. Fixed: Numerous fixes with the new web engine (back, forward, backspace, Netflix playback, etc.)
2. Fixed: Possible thread and memory leak after stopping playback that was converting the output to AC3.
3. Fixed: If the program crashed while recording a television program in the last five minutes and was restarted, recording would not resume if 'Do not record programs that have been recorded in the past' was set for the recording rule.
4. Fixed: In rare cases, the program could start maximized with only part of the window visible.
5. Fixed: The WAV encoder would use the .wav extension instead of .l16 when creating a headerless L16 for use on a DLNA device.
6. Fixed: Media Network would unnecessarily cache and stack audio files converted for playback on a DLNA device or Gizmo.
7. Fixed: Import of .l16 files would not work properly (player assumes the sample rate is 44100 Hz).

16.0.38 (2/22/2011)

1. NEW: Web pages inside the program use the Chromium engine instead of the Internet Explorer engine.
2. Changed: When used as a DLNA controller, the timeout for the Play command is changed from 10 to 20 seconds. Fixes trouble with XBMC.

16.0.37 (2/21/2011)

1. NEW: Improved video converter (used by Gizmo) so that it uses the JRiver audio engine to handle audio format conversions.
2. NEW: Zone links are preserved between program runs.
3. Fixed: Some dialogs would not draw properly unless they were resized (only applies to build 35 and 36).
4. Fixed: Video converter used by Gizmo, etc. would not always cleanup properly.

16.0.36 (2/18/2011)

1. Changed: Reorganzed core libraries to be a little more efficient with regards to size and loading speed.
2. Fixed: AverTV M780 PCIe device analog tuner played no sound when not in time-shifting mode.
3. Changed: If auto-import is unable to watch a folder for changes (happens with some network drives, etc.) then the program will scan for changes manually every 2 hours.
4. Fixed: Gizmo or DLNA devices could show a stale list of files in some cases.
5. Changed: When reimporting a previously removed file, the file will be reanalyzed.
6. Fixed: Picking a single file and saying 'Play (with Play Doctor)' would not make a good mix.

16.0.35 (2/17/2011)

1. Changed: Improved Wikipedia movie lookup to better handle titles full of common words like 'To Be And To Have'.
2. Fixed: The /Library command did not work when run through the launcher.
3. Changed: Improved performance when loading or resizing dialogs.
4. Fixed: The 'Remote' options page did not work nicely with large fonts.
5. Fixed: Remote control IR blaster commands could stop working after re-installing the player.
6. Fixed: Auto-import could be slow analyzing network files that were temporarily unavailable.
7. Fixed: Right-clicking a non-selected playlist and picking 'Lock' would not work.
8. NEW: When right-clicking a playlist group, the option 'Lock All Children' / 'Unlock All Children' is available.
9. Changed: If a user customized the temporary folder, temporary files will actually be created in a 'J River' subfolder of the user selected folder (any files or folders in the 'J River' subfolder will be deleted each run).
10. Changed: Video playback graph building will not consider failure to load subtitles / Line 21 (which madVR does not support) a critical error.
11. Changed: Faster video playback graph building in some cases.
12. Changed: Netflix now retrieves all it's 'feeds' in separate threads simultaneously.

16.0.34 (2/16/2011)

1. Changed: When the program had many programs in the television programming guide (hundreds of thousands), the program could slow down.
2. SDK: The MCWS Browse/Files function will return success with zero files on an empty item instead of returning a failure.
3. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks to Johnny B).
4. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks to KANEY).
5. Changed: Added additional ASIO logging.
6. Changed: Revamped 'Registration Information' dialog so that it works better with large fonts and/or translation.
7. Fixed: Spacing between characters could be unnecessarily large in edit controls when using fonts with leading / trailing overhangs.
8. Fixed: Image playback of certain size images could lead to a crash.
9. Fixed: Wmhelper.dll was not getting registered in certain cases causing Performer login to fail.
10. Changed: On ASIO shutdown, buffers are explicitly disposed instead of relying on the driver to dispose outstanding buffers on unload (improves Roland Edirol UA-1Ex support, possibly others).
11. Changed: madVR runs in the graph thread instead of the main program thread.
12. Changed: When loading television programming, entries for programs older than 3 days will be discarded (previously 14 days of old programming were kept, but a smaller number helps performance).

16.0.33 (2/16/2011)

Testing build not released to the public

16.0.32 (2/15/2011)

1. NEW: Simplified 'Media Network' options page.
2. Changed: Media Center 16 no longer works with a Media Center 15 license.
3. Fixed: When starting video playback, JRWorker.exe could be unnecessarily invoked to grab a thumbnail.
4. Fixed: When resuming from standby, auto-import folder watching could swamp the CPU.
5. Changed: The system to load an image to display while loading a file (or playing audio with no visualizations) is more efficient.
6. Fixed: Channel name edited in "Edit Channel" window did not stick.

16.0.31 (2/14/2011)

1. NEW: Added an "Edit Channel" button on Edit Channel List window to allow editing of existing television channels.
2. Fixed: Audio protect mode could engage incorrectly in some cases causing silence to be played.
3. Fixed: Play Doctor playback when nothing was provided as a seed was not working properly.

16.0.30 (2/14/2011)

Testing build not released to the public

16.0.29 (2/11/2011)

1. Changed: Reworked how playback statistics are incremented when playing from a server (Gizmo, DLNA device etc.) so that devices that request the same file multiple times during playback won't cause multiple play counts and Scrobbles.
2. Fixed: madVR could hang with build 28 (hopefully fixed, please let us know).
3. Fixed: Video playback could leave some filters loaded after playback was stopped.

16.0.28 (2/10/2011)

1. Changed: madVR display window is bound to the main user interface thread instead of the playback graph thread (should fix sluggishness issues).
2. Changed: Gizmo multiple Scrobbles for a single playback hopefully fixed (please let us know).
3. NEW: Added Protect Mode to audio engine that engages if a huge spike (due to a corrupt file, misbehaved DSP, etc.) comes through the audio chain and switches to silence for a few seconds (part of 'Clip protection' mode selected at bottom of DSP Studio window).
4. NEW: Reworked how internal volume mode is applied so that it's safer when used with a power amplifier (a DSP is not allowed to apply a gain that overrides the internal volume).
5. Fixed: The auto-upgrade from v15 to v16 would not work properly if v15 was installed to a directory with a custom name.
6. Fixed: Channel details for STB channels were not properly displayed on "Edit Channel List" window.

16.0.27 (2/9/2011)

1. NEW: MC supports Set Top Box television channels.
2. NEW: New latency system for 'ASIO' and 'WASAPI - Event Style' audio outputs that makes VideoClock require fewer and smaller audio rate adjustments (audio and video sync is typically maintained within 2 milliseconds, with about 0.0001 audio rate variation once sync is established).
3. NEW: MC supports Camera type "television channel".  A user can manually add a "channel" that corresponds to a webcam device.
4. Fixed: Typing in other programs (and maybe other operations) while madVR was in use could be sluggish.
5. Fixed: The low-pass and high-pass filters in the 'Parametric Equalizer' could fail to work properly in some cases.

16.0.26 (2/8/2011)

1. Changed: During image playback, the image edges have a subtle fade-out to make a smoother looking Pan & Zoom effect, and also to remove edge sparkle that can occur with some video drivers.
2. Changed: When grabbing the volume or position slider on the player at the top of fullscreen Display View, the player will not be hidden when the mouse leaves the window until the grab is released.
3. Changed: Renamed video smoothing feature in Options > Video to 'VideoClock (smooths video by adjusting audio)'.
4. Changed: Improvements to VideoClock so that it requires fewer and smaller audio rate changes.

16.0.25 (2/7/2011)

1. Changed: When restoring a library backup, a backup of the current library is not created before the restore when the current library is empty.
2. Faster: Loading of EPG / XMLTV data is around ten times faster.
3. Fixed: A typo in (television) Edit Channel List window.
4. Fixed: Hulu playback would show a solid black screen.
5. Changed: Tuned the width of the Theater View file info panel, especially for wide displays.
6. Fixed: Allow playback of 32 bit or greater integer formatted wavpack files.

16.0.24 (2/4/2011)

1. Fixed: MC2XML country code for United Kingdom was wrong.
2. NEW: Added 'Parametric Equalizer' DSP plugin.

16.0.23 (2/3/2011)

1. NEW: The browsing tree exposed to Gizmo or a DLNA device will update when the library changes (previously a restart of the server was required to see new or changed content).
2. Changed: When Play Doctor includes Last.fm tracks, it will put placeholder items in the list that will get substituted at playback time (because Last.fm tracks expire).
3. NEW: Netflix thumbnail and list views in Theater View now report whether titles have been "instant viewed" before and detail view shows the date and percentage of last viewing if file info panel is reset.
4. Fixed: Video conversion setting under Library Server did not "stick".
5. Changed: If a user customizes the temporary folder in Options > File Location, it will use that folder for all temporary files (previously the customized folder was only used in a few specific areas of the program).
6. NEW: Playback from Gizmo will update playback statistics and Scrobbles (requires updated Gizmo).
7. NEW: Playback on a DLNA device like the JRiver Id, PS3, etc. will Scrobble the play when Last.fm Scrobbling is enabled on the server.
8. SDK: Updated SDK MJPlaybackAutomation object to better support DLNA or Library Server zones.
9. NEW: Add DLNA version 2 support. Check for problems with version 1.x devices (most devices).
10. Fixed: Remove extra nulls from POST body in DLNA control.

vagskal

Re: Media Center 16.0.39 Beta -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 09:36:26 am »

Closing a tab with ctrl + W no longer works for me (on Win7 64-bit).

vagskal

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 09:52:03 am »

And ctrl + F to search within a webpage in a tab is also not working any more.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 09:58:28 am »

And ctrl + F to search within a webpage in a tab is also not working any more.
These types of problems should be fixed in the next build or two.  Thanks for the reports.

vagskal

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 10:39:50 am »

These types of problems should be fixed in the next build or two.  Thanks for the reports.

Thanks! And please hurry up if possible, because these issues are hampering my workflow.

Another thing I have noticed is that sometimes (but not always) pictures on a web page are not aligned correctly; they are displayed above the text (on its own "line") instead of to the left of the text.

vagskal

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 12:20:41 pm »

Sometimes the close button disappears on a tab with a web page and it is not possible to close the tab (unless I restart MC). See screenshot:
http://www.pix01.com/gallery/2C35046A-A3DD-4104-9062-4B414C2DAE90/MC/

wombat66

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 01:18:40 pm »

Thanks! And please hurry up if possible, because these issues are hampering my workflow.

If you are concerned about a workflow being hampered, you probably should not be using a Beta release!
 :)

dees_74

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 05:10:13 pm »

Can't get Display View to show anything but a Black background.  Nothing happens when I right click to change visualization, etc.... ?
I don't need a thousand reasons
When someone starts to cry.
When someone says, "My heart needs lifting,
Don't ask, "How come?"
Ask, "How high?"

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 06:47:42 am »

Color controls (contrast, brightness, saturation etc) do not function while using MadVR as a video renderer. Is that by design or a bug in the build ?

I only started using MadVR today and the results are astonishing but having no control over contrast/brightness and color is bad :P

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Purchasing MC16
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 02:34:17 pm »

I've downloaded MC16, I have MC15, have I automatically been charged for the new release.  It says that
its registered??

Skylar

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 02:56:07 pm »

Can't get Display View to show anything but a Black background.  Nothing happens when I right click to change visualization, etc.... ?

Ah, I should have posted here instead of starting a new thread. I just asked about the same issue.
Niacin reminded me that there is another way to get there: Player > Display Options from the main menu.

A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Column layouts
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 03:31:14 pm »

To see the column layouts and adjust the layout as you want, I no longer can find it under View, customize view.
I see 'show categories' but my view list of my columns.

Skylar

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 03:44:45 pm »

I've downloaded MC16, I have MC15, have I automatically been charged for the new release.  It says that
its registered??

Skylar
It's probably in the trial period.  We don't do any automatic charges.

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 04:23:33 pm »

Jim:  Then how do I pay for MC16

Skylar

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 04:34:42 pm »

Make sure you're running MC16.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2011, 04:37:48 pm »

Jim:  Then how do I pay for MC16

Skylar
Go to Help > Registration Info in MC16. This will show if you are registered or using the trial. If you are using the trial, you can then purchase a license upgrade.

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 06:17:55 pm »

Using the alphabet provides strange results.

My view is thumbnails, albums but sorted by Album Artist (auto).

When I select "B" in the alphabet, at least one line's worth of Artists beginning with B is hidden. I have to scroll up to see the beginings of the Bs.

Right after that I selected R for the heck of it and that took me to Fleetwood Mac and the rest of the Fs.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 09:50:45 pm »

Can a MC15 client talk to a MC16 server?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2011, 08:21:48 am »

Can a MC15 client talk to a MC16 server?
No.  Please start a thread if you need more help.

SmokinJ

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 08:07:19 am »

Any hopes for alternative browser? Any build beyond 16.0.36 crashes on my machines when start page is launched. I'm thinking it's Chrome related?  THX

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2011, 08:56:46 am »

Any hopes for alternative browser? Any build beyond 16.0.36 crashes on my machines when start page is launched. I'm thinking it's Chrome related?  THX
With 16.0.39?

Is IE9RC installed?

mobyfrag

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2011, 09:36:27 am »

I truly love the Play Doctor functionality!! ;D However, when I set the Stock Rule "No Duplicates", it's not working: in a prescription of 100 files, 25-30 are duplicate ones. And I can remove them with Right click > Remove duplicate from Playing Now. That Stock Rule was working with "Play Radio" old function.

Another bug: the Noire Glass skin keep all the screen blurred (Aero style) when you switch the windows from full screen to reduced (not minimize in the task bar).

Last bug: m4a and m4v files are badly imported. For instance, Dido - Here with has a 4:15 duration and 256 kbps bitrate, but imported one has a 9:10 duration and 128 kbps bitrate ::)

Thanks a lot for your good work :D

Config: Windows 7 Pro x64 - French ed.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2011, 12:38:45 pm »

1)  When I click on the AMG Artist link, MC properly opens the page in my default browser (as per my option settings) and I can see for a brief moment that is sends the Artist name to the browser as part of the address, however this quickly reverts to the default page (http://www.allmusic.com/) thus AMG does not show the artist name or perform the requested search.  
I tried changing my setting to open the search inside MC but got the same results.  
My other links (RYM, Google Image, etc. work properly.)

Is this an MC issue, or did AMG change something since MC incorporated this feature?

Is there some edit I should make in MC for this link to properly search?

2) The Display pane in Playing Now is often unresponsive, not allowing a right-click to change from Album Art to Track Info or Visualization and/or back again.

Even after clearing the Playing Now, and even after switching libraries I cannot get back from Track Info to Cover Art display.
. . . the game is rigged

rick.ca

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2011, 03:38:20 pm »

...AMG does not show the artist name or perform the requested search.

You probably need to update the search URL. This one works...

http:////www.allmusic.com//search//artist//Hexify([Artist])//filter:pop

gtener

• Recent member
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2011, 04:00:12 pm »

Been running 16.039 most of the day. Wasapi Event Style.  It's been flawless!  Thanks guys!
It's music to my ears.

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2011, 04:23:18 pm »

You probably need to update the search URL. This one works...

http:////www.allmusic.com//search//artist//Hexify([Artist])//filter:pop

Thanks Rick, that did the trick.
. . . the game is rigged

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2011, 04:58:29 pm »

The Display pane in Playing Now is often unresponsive, not allowing a right-click to change from Album Art to Track Info or Visualization and/or back again.

Even after clearing the Playing Now, and even after switching libraries I cannot get back from Track Info to Cover Art display.

I found a work-around:
Open another tree node (i.e. Artists) causing the display to move to the Action Window area, where you are then able to use the Right-Click and select Cover Art.   :)

However the problem still exists and can be reproduced on my machine.
. . . the game is rigged

trinka

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
brazilian
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2011, 05:04:07 pm »

alguem pode oferecer suporte em portugues brasileiro ?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2011, 05:08:01 pm »

There are a few people here from Brazil.

Just ask.

trinka

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
sobre Lybraries / 16
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2011, 05:33:02 pm »

na nova versao 16 as mudanças nas Libraryes ficaram muito confusas para nos. Gostaria de saber se ha algum tutorial detalhado para poder entender exatamente o que ocorreu na reformulaçao da interface do 16.
grato

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2011, 05:53:11 pm »

from translate.google.com:

the new version 16 changes in the Library, and were very confusing to us. I wonder if there is a detailed tutorial in order to understand exactly what happened in the reformulation of the interface 16.
Which changes are a problem?  Servers?

trinka

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
sobre libraries na versao 16
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2011, 06:09:22 pm »

1 Gostariamos de saber onde as libraries ficam armazenadas
2 Onde foi colocado o Libraries Manager
3 Como acessar as Libraries na interface do 16 (load library)
Grato

SmokinJ

• Recent member
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2011, 05:02:56 am »

With 16.0.39?

Is IE9RC installed?
 >16.0.39, NO IE9 (only IE6) ,WIN 2KSP4   Last build that runs is 16.0.36.  Also trouble free through 15.0.174.

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2011, 05:56:23 am »

Purchased MC16 (running 16.0.39) and been running it for a couple days now, I can't get visualizations to work in playing now, all I get is a white screen.

Anyone else having this happen and how can I get visualizations to work again?

Thanks
TC

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2011, 11:12:00 am »

Ditto. white screens in some visualizations or track info after clicking some button.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

klauscr

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2011, 01:19:28 pm »

"Catwalk"-plugin registration causes an MC16 crash.
Catwalk does not remember it's registration data from MC15

trinka

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2011, 02:20:19 pm »

With 16.0.39?
yes

Is IE9RC installed?
No, Im runing IE8

Yes, with 16.0.39.
No, Im runing IE8

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2011, 02:43:20 pm »

You need to put your reply after the quoted text.  For example

[ quote ]
Message one
[ /quote ]
Your reply

but without the spaces inside the brackets [ and ], so it looks like this:

Message one
Your reply

kishorat

• Recent member
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2011, 03:19:18 pm »

i uploaded images in facebook, but i cant see in FB!

trinka

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2011, 03:36:56 pm »

You need to put your reply after the quoted text.  For example

[ quote ]
Message one
[ /quote ]
Your reply

but without the spaces inside the brackets [ and ], so it looks like this:
Your reply

ok. Eu so gostaria de saber onde foi colocado o Library Manager na nova versao 16.0.39. Tenho instalado o IE8. Minha pergunta é simples. Tambem nao estou conseguindo criar novas libraries. Elas aparecem sepre como "new library". Tambem seria bom se conseguissem melhorar o funcionamento desse Foum. Ele é muito complicado. Beneficiaria o desenvolvimento do produto e facilitaria a vida dos usuaros. grato.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2011, 03:46:11 pm »

ok. Eu so gostaria de saber onde foi colocado o Library Manager na nova versao 16.0.39. Tenho instalado o IE8. Minha pergunta é simples. Tambem nao estou conseguindo criar novas libraries. Elas aparecem sepre como "new library". Tambem seria bom se conseguissem melhorar o funcionamento desse Foum. Ele é muito complicado. Beneficiaria o desenvolvimento do produto e facilitaria a vida dos usuaros. grato.

File/Library/Add Library

Also right click on "Playing from Main Library" under Playing Now.

trinka

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2011, 03:57:36 pm »

File/Library/Add Library

Also right click on "Playing from Main Library" under Playing Now.

ok. Encontrei. Obrigado. Mas, gostaria de saber como se faz para deletar uma library. Tambem gostaria de saber se o "library manager" foi eliminado na nova versao 16.0.39.
grato

madshi

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2011, 04:22:15 pm »

Color controls (contrast, brightness, saturation etc) do not function while using MadVR as a video renderer. Is that by design or a bug in the build ?

I only started using MadVR today and the results are astonishing but having no control over contrast/brightness and color is bad :P
madVR currently does not support these kind of adjustments. That will probably change in a future madVR version. madVR is still a work-in-progress. However, contrast/brightness should ideally be set on your TV, if possible, not on the video renderer. Color is a different topic. If you have your own meter for display calibration, madVR will actually allow a complex calibration. However, it doesn't support "simple" color tuning yet.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2011, 05:41:19 pm »

If you have a question, not a bug, please start a thread (New Topic in the upper right corner).

Questions will be deleted.

SmokinJ

• Recent member
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2011, 05:56:10 am »

16.039 still crashing when browser functionality is invoked. NO, IE9 is NOT installed! Please offer a way to replace or disable this Chrome implementation! All's been well till' now! Bummer...

vagskal

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2011, 12:37:34 pm »

I am using the .32 version (sorry for posting here but that thread was closed). For the first time since upgrading from MC 15 to MC 16 I synced a "handheld" (a different folder on my music HD) where the options are set to convert all flac files in the main library to mp3 files on the "handheld" (so that I have a mp3 copy of all my files). I have not changed the options since upgrading and the folder for the mp3 copy is still there. The first thing I noticed after MC had checked the sync was that MC reported saving tag changes to over 1,000 files. I investigated some of the albums in queue for sync but could not find anything suspicious; the TOOL VERSION tag did not even report MC 16 but rather MC 15. So I went ahead with the sync. After the sync I noticed that my flac albums contained one duplicate mp3 file each. It seems that MC converted in almost all folders containing flac files the first flac file (alphabetically according to file name) to an mp3 file and left it in the original folder. I was not happy, but now the mess in my main library is cleaned up. After the clean up I rechecked sync and it turns out that MC would like to do this all over again (but that is not going to happen); the flac files whose mp3 counterpart I just had deleted were all put in queue for conversion.

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
  • I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2011, 11:38:52 am »

16.039 still crashing when browser functionality is invoked. NO, IE9 is NOT installed! Please offer a way to replace or disable this Chrome implementation! All's been well till' now! Bummer...

I am not having that issue.  Everything runs fine here with the new browser implementation.  That tells me that it's system related and not MC16 related.  I suggest you either provide more detail about the error, or wait for newer builds.

sssceo

• Recent member
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2011, 08:54:49 pm »

I noticed today that Audible downloads seem to be broken. Nothing happens when I click the download link in the library when viewing within MC 16.0.39. Same thing both on my WinXP SP3 and on my wife's Win7-64. Both are IE8 though I guess that shouldn't matter in this version of MC.

Can you reproduce this issue or is it just me?  :)

Otherwise I haven't run into much trouble with MC16 and I love the expanding DLNA capabilities! Thanks for the great software which I've been using for many years now.
Charlie
Pages: [1]   Go Up