INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Viewing Track Info or Visualizations in Playing Now?  (Read 1973 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Viewing Track Info or Visualizations in Playing Now?
« on: February 25, 2011, 12:52:24 pm »

I searched for "Playing Now" but got no relevant results about viewing track info or visualizations in Playing Now (now called "here" in the tree, as far as I can ascertain).  All I get is a file list with nothing on top. Nor can I right-click in that top area to select what I want to view. 

Help!
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Viewing Track Info or Visualizations in Playing Now?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 01:48:07 pm »

Does this help?

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 02:06:40 pm »

I have had the same thing happen a few times. I don't know what difference this makes but if
I first right clicked on a file and then in the cover art window the right click menu would initialize.
See if that works for you.
Sean

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 02:14:42 pm »

Scolex, your trick isn't working for me. I thought perhaps it was because I was listening via Play Doctor, but I just sent a full album to Playing Now, I've right-clicked and clicked on everything I can think of but nothing is getting activated where the visualization/track info should be.

Perhaps it's a but in v16.0.39?

Right-click works everywhere else as far as I can tell.
Perhaps it's because I'm using my own library, not the "main library" (goodness I wish we could hide that)?

Oh, and one more thing. Don't know if it makes a difference, Jim, but I don't have a "home" under Playing now. I have a "Here" button.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

Niacin

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 02:32:22 pm »

You can also get it from Player, Display Options

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 02:46:27 pm »

You can also get it from Player, Display Options

Ah, right. Forgot about that.  Thanks. That worked, so at least it's not the functionality itself that isn't working.
I guess I'll try a re-install to see if I could get the right-click action up and running.

kwake

• World Citizen
  • Excellent piece of software, this Media Center...
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 04:07:42 pm »

I just installed the MC 16 beta and noticed the same thing very quickly as right clicking to change the track info template) is something I do somewhat often in MC.

It took me about 5 minutes to search around in the menus for the option before I found it. I'm thinking it may have something to do with the switch from IE to the Chrome browser engine?

As I was typing this post within an embedded browser tab in MC, I noticed something interesting...it seems that during a track change I just happened to have typed a space between words and I think I paused the music! :-) Hehe, yep...

I guess I'll start another thread on it to make sure it's addressed prior to release.

Cheers,
Kwake
Pages: [1]   Go Up