INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: using harmony remotes for mc  (Read 1407 times)

arvi

• Recent member
using harmony remotes for mc
« on: February 25, 2011, 08:21:22 pm »

I am running mc15 on an xp with Windows Media Center, a MS remote and IR dongle.  I am trying to use a harmony remote to start and control mc15.  I set up the remote with a MS Media Center device, but this simply triggers WMC not MC15.  I tried setting up a device: J River Media Center, but that doesn't work either.

I know others have dealt with this issue-- so would appreciate any help-- How do I set up a device for MC15 so that the remote can control MC15-- I hope I don;t have to get any new hardware or software.

Thanks in advance

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: using harmony remotes for mc
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 08:28:27 pm »

I am running mc15 on an xp with Windows Media Center, a MS remote and IR dongle.  I am trying to use a harmony remote to start and control mc15.  I set up the remote with a MS Media Center device, but this simply triggers WMC not MC15.  I tried setting up a device: J River Media Center, but that doesn't work either.
In MC options for Theater View, check the option for "Disable Windows Media Center ....".

arvi

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 07:18:31 am »

Thanks for pointing me in that direction...it works, but not consistently: the last few times I tried, pressing the Green button on WMP remote brings up WMC, but when I press it again it takes me to MC15 Theater view.

ideally I would like to set it up such that when I press the Green button (or equiv on harmony) it starts Mc15 and takes me to the Theater view. 

Any ideas....please?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 07:40:34 am »

Look for a directory called something like Windows\ehome and rename ehome to ehome.tmp or similar.

Try a Google search for better information.  Mine may be out of date.

Did you reboot after making the previous change?
Pages: [1]   Go Up