INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request to Pandora intergration into MC16  (Read 4301 times)

gumboss

Request to Pandora intergration into MC16
« on: February 27, 2011, 08:09:47 am »

I want to let the developers know we need to be able to run Pandora with MC16.  Hopefully it will be added in the future.  It will work to some extent via Boxee with Microsoft Media Center but Rivers MC16 is my strong preference. 

Are there any plans to add this feature to MC?

Thanks

WolfWalker

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Request to Pandora intergration into MC16
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 01:15:29 pm »

+1
So much music so little time!

pauly139

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 01:30:10 pm »

+1

Crayola Boy

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 07:32:00 pm »

I agree with the idea, but I've stopped using Pandora in favor of the much better Slacker Radio.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 07:35:38 pm »

Pandora has not responded to past requests to integrate with them.  You might try letting them know it's important to you.

You might also try Last.fm (Player > Play Last.fm radio...).  We have a nice integration with Last.fm, because of their SDK and friendly attitude towards developers like us.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DarkPenguin

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 06:45:41 pm »

+1 to pandora integration.  Works wonderfully with my Roku.

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 08:07:21 pm »

I agree with the idea, but I've stopped using Pandora in favor of the much better Slacker Radio.

I agree!

-John

dspringer

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 07:24:23 pm »

I'm going to just start my first post on here saying GREAT JOB J.RIVER TEAM !!!!!!!! I have no problems to report and never have  ;D

But I also would like to see two of the services I chose to love and pay for come to the program I love and these would be Netflix and Pandora. I see there is a way to add your Netflix account but I have yet to figure out what that really does for me. As for Pandora I will be getting in contact with them and Netflix if need be so I can say hey get on the J.RIVER boat these guys know there stuff   8)

I did find out shortly after posting this that I could watch netflix inside media center by adding it to my connected media but I had to log in so I'm still unsure of what adding my netflix account inside (tools:options:services) does

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 07:41:17 pm »

I'm going to just start my first post on here saying GREAT JOB J.RIVER TEAM !!!!!!!! I have no problems to report and never have  ;D

But I also would like to see two of the services I chose to love and pay for come to the program I love and these would be Netflix and Pandora. I see there is a way to add your Netflix account but I have yet to figure out what that really does for me. As for Pandora I will be getting in contact with them and Netflix if need be so I can say hey get on the J.RIVER boat these guys know there stuff   8)

If you enter your netflix account info in options-->services it is available either in tree-->video-->connected media or theater view-->connected
if it is not visible in the tree right click connected media-->featured websites and select it in the cascading menu

I would also like to see Pandora integration I am not a paid subscriber but if it were integrated I would be since I only use it on occasion through my
BluRay but if it were in MC I would use it enough to surpass the monthly cap for the free account. I have contacted Pandora and made them aware
of my thoughts.
Sean

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 09:07:14 pm »

I did find out shortly after posting this that I could watch netflix inside media center by adding it to my connected media but I had to log in so I'm still unsure of what adding my netflix account inside (tools:options:services) does
Are you watching in Theater View?  You should only have to log in once.

Make sure you have MC16.0.55 from the top of the MC16 board.

dspringer

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 10:31:17 pm »

Ok I have Netflix running perfect and I'm always logged in through Media Center. So user error on that one  :P

as far as Pandora goes we'll see what they say since they claim to respond to all Pandora One subscribers

heres what I wrote them

to whom it may concern

I recently purchased Pandora One after being an occasional free listener for a long time and I must say I'm hooked. I have an extremely large music collection but never want to take the time to try to build playlists and rely on shuffle. Pandora just seems to pick the right stuff and with a little station programing I can listen and get surprised by good songs that I forgot all  about. My concern is when at home I use JRiver Media Center for all my media including all other online music and videos. I posted my recommendation to have Pandora integration in Media Center and received a fast response from the powers saying they are trying for Pandora Integration and have not received a response. I would really like to see Pandora in my media library and not on a web page or a stand alone player.

rossp

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 08:46:06 am »

Great - another service that is for US only ;(

Ross

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 03:48:33 pm »

Pandora has not responded to past requests to integrate with them.
They don't have a public API? I've found a Chrome extension that allows control of Pandora via a browser widget (and no need to have a Pandora window open). I guess it may not be quite legal from Pandora's perspective, but this sort of thing is somehow possible. I can't imagine this Robert guy had an easier time getting a response from Pandora than JRiver would. Maybe not though...

Anyway, here's a link in case it provides any sort of insight:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hiffdaigjahnndmjpkccgiklpmhkfckh

dspringer

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 05:02:21 pm »

they do have the Pandora One player available to payed subscribers that works very well but I'm picky and like to have all my media in one place.

I did receive a rather generic response from support

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the suggestion!  This is a great idea.  We will keep it in mind as we figure out what new features to add to Pandora in the future.

We really appreciate the feedback.  It's very helpful as we work to improve the service.  Thanks for listening!

Best,
Jesse

Pandora Listener Support

More questions about Pandora?
Please check our FAQ: http://blog.pandora.com/faq
Pages: [1]   Go Up